iPad Air 2 First Impressions!

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
Kind of like the thread for the iPhone 6, here is the one for the iPad Air 2! Post your initial thoughts, reactions, pictures, whatever! Oh, and enjoy your new iPad Air 2! :)

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
I'll say my 2 cents lol.
Well it's thin sexy and good looking. It screams" power and smoothness". My girl was smiling from ear to ear when she picked it up. The display is gorgeous... Can't really tell the difference from the iPad 4 but what I did notice was the reflection glare..... It's improved dramatically.

Otherwise it's a lovely device.... Lucky hey lol

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
I am not a fan of the air model myself I'm more into the mini size and that to be honest wasn't a huge upgrade from the mini retina in my opinion. Not enough to make me rush out and grab one

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
I am not a fan of the air model myself I'm more into the mini size and that to be honest wasn't a huge upgrade from the mini retina in my opinion. Not enough to make me rush out and grab one

I absolutely think this an upgrade to the iPad Air . Enough so I bought this after selling my iPad back in March . The screen finally being glued to the glass is a major plus along with the 3 core cup(? ) and 2gb of ram

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
I absolutely think this an upgrade to the iPad Air . Enough so I bought this after selling my iPad back in March . The screen finally being glued to the glass is a major plus along with the 3 core cup(? ) and 2gb of ram

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Perfect glad your enjoying the iPad.

kjung7

Feb 3, 2014
Visit site
I'm upgraded from the original air and while the differences aren't big it's still a nice upgrade. My favorite is 2GB of RAM. I can finally have multiple tabs open without reloading!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
I love mine! Picked it up at 10:00 AM, right when the Apple Store opened.

Pulling it out of the box, you will notice it feels significantly thinner, and it looks amazing. The size of the device is a welcome change, coming from a Retina Mini.

Speed wise, it seems slightly faster then the previous Air and Mini 2, but without playing any graphic intensive games, I can't comment on that just yet. The screen is very vibrant, and it definitely looks less reflective than the previous generations. It has a very solid feel when you type, no plastic-y feel at all. Speaker is loud, better than the Retina Mini's speaker. Camera is one thing I haven't tested yet, but from all the positive reviews it's getting, it should be great.

10/10 :)

mlg321

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
How do you like not having the mute/orientation switch? I use this almost every time I use my iPad Air and I can't imagine not having it. I dislike using lock orientation via control center on my iPhone I can't imagine why Apple would take this away?

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
How do you like not having the mute/orientation switch? I use this almost every time I use my iPad Air and I can't imagine not having it. I dislike using lock orientation via control center on my iPhone I can't imagine why Apple would take this away?

I don't mind it honestly. I usually just use it for rotation lock, but going into control center to turn it on or off is no big deal for me.

jbs-horn

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
I traded in an iPad 2 on the Air 2. So far I like it very much. I did get the Apple smart case for it rather than the Smart Cover, so the tablet isn't any thinner than before, but it is lighter and much, much faster, especially running iOS 8.1. The retina display is especially nice. I also like the extra memory. Safari is finally useful.

The smart case provides a bit more protection and eliminates the screen image distortion that some have complained about.

falconeight

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
It's is by far the best apple device that I have ever purchased. I only owned my iPad air for 3 months because I couldn't stand how badly 1gb of ram hobbled it. It caused it to crash, apps reloaded, and so did web pages. Going to one we page to get info or an email, then back to the original page, and it reloaded. With the new iPad air I can click a YouTube video then leave the app, come back and the video is still loading. The thinnes and lightness so amazing that it doesn't feel like it has batteries. Last, everything is smooth as butter.

TechnologyTwitt

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
It's is by far the best apple device that I have ever purchased. I only owned my iPad air for 3 months because I couldn't stand how badly 1gb of ram hobbled it. It caused it to crash, apps reloaded, and so did web pages. Going to one we page to get info or an email, then back to the original page, and it reloaded. With the new iPad air I can click a YouTube video then leave the app, come back and the video is still loading. The thinnes and lightness so amazing that it doesn't feel like it has batteries. Last, everything is smooth as butter.

??? You had that many issues with the Air? I've had mine for around the same amount of time and it's been nothing but a phenomenal experience. I consider myself a borderline power user (switching between multiple screens/apps) and can't recall seeing what you've described.

I've been debating on upgrading though, only because the Jump program T-Mobile offers makes it cost effective to do so.

volsfan0911

Jun 6, 2008
Visit site
I upgraded from the iPad 1 - the Air 2 is mind boggling in comparison.

Same here. Browsing was just becoming painful and no support from most apps anymore. To use the clich?? I've gone from a Sopworth Camel to a F-22 Raptor. With a bluetooth keyboard? Possibly the replacement for my 2011 Mac Book Air (which I love dearly). But I haven't touched the MBA since getting the iPA2 except for right now ironically (iPad is charging elsewhere in the house). iPA2 is so fast, display exemplary and iOS8/Yosemite integration is really amazing stuff. Should have been happening years ago but works great now.

TechnologyTwitt

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Same here. Browsing was just becoming painful and no support from most apps anymore. To use the clich?? I've gone from a Sopworth Camel to a F-22 Raptor. With a bluetooth keyboard? Possibly the replacement for my 2011 Mac Book Air (which I love dearly). But I haven't touched the MBA since getting the iPA2 except for right now ironically (iPad is charging elsewhere in the house). iPA2 is so fast, display exemplary and iOS8/Yosemite integration is really amazing stuff. Should have been happening years ago but works great now.

I use my MacBook Air about 2/3 of the work day and iPad Air the rest.

I'd like to see Apple require some core commonalities in their apps, that would be the catalyst of cutting the cord from the Macbook. For example, in some apps I can "save as" but not rename a file.

The Dropbox app is average at best in terms of searching for files and simple overall file management.

Basically I'm still too handicapped with some apps compared to functions I can do without even thinking in OS X.

MeetJoeAsian

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
I just picked up the iPad Air 2 last night...I've owned every iPad since the iPad 2 and I usually picked them up right when they come out so I usually get a year in with each one of them. Since I just opened the Air2 up last night, I haven't really put it thru the ringer yet. Mainly just setting up right now. The addition of the fingerprint reader is nice since in the previous Air, I was starting to get annoyed cuz I kept touching it thinking it was like my iPhone. Other than that, everything really feels the same. The increased power is nice, but not really noticeable coming from the Air. As far as the size, I'm going to have it in a case anyway, so that's really moot. Im sure once I start using it heavily, the RAM will really come into play. But I use my iPad as nothing more than a couch/tv companion. I would say this upgrade isn't as dramatic as when apple first introduced The New IPad (aka ipad 3) with the retina display. That was the last huge leap the iPad took. Second to that, I would say was the IPad with Retina Display (ipad 4) with the new A6X processor and the lightning charger. The iPad 4's performance upgrade was truly noticeable from the get go....I didn't think the iPad Air brought anything to the table other than size, and even with the Air2's increased performance, I don't think it really makes any noticeable impact. But then again, I will see once I put some more time in it.

falconeight

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
??? You had that many issues with the Air? I've had mine for around the same amount of time and it's been nothing but a phenomenal experience. I consider myself a borderline power user (switching between multiple screens/apps) and can't recall seeing what you've described.

I've been debating on upgrading though, only because the Jump program T-Mobile offers makes it cost effective to do so.

When I had multiple apps and webpages open and when I switched pages would reload and apps would crash. It wasn't just me its a widely known issue. I know it's not a big deal to a lot of people but to me it makes the iPad air 2 probably the biggest upgrade that apple has done to its iPad line.

volsfan0911

Jun 6, 2008
Visit site
I use my MacBook Air about 2/3 of the work day and iPad Air the rest.

I'd like to see Apple require some core commonalities in their apps, that would be the catalyst of cutting the cord from the Macbook. For example, in some apps I can "save as" but not rename a file.

The Dropbox app is average at best in terms of searching for files and simple overall file management.

Basically I'm still too handicapped with some apps compared to functions I can do without even thinking in OS X.

Good points. My primary job involves working via VPN with several hospitals. They only support Winblowz so I'm stuck on my work PC downstairs. When it finally dies (I did too good of a job selecting parts and assembling it back in '08, damn thing won't die already) then I will get a new Mac Mini and install a copy of Win 7 in Bootcamp and use that for work. For now, my Air 2 sits on my desk and serves for personal stuff + iMessage for Wife to get in touch with me during the workday as needed. My non-work stuff is very lightweight - email, browsing, spreadsheets for budgeting & investing, etc. So the Air 2 really gets most of it done. Don't get me wrong - I love OSX too. It's far and away the best OS on the planet IMHO. But the Air 2 gets so much of my stuff handled that I just don't use a desktop/laptop much anymore.

nr2d

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
I received my iPad Air 2 on Monday. It is quite a machine. I did have to modify my case in order to let the 2 ambient light sensors work correctly. That was no biggy though. I only play 1 game on it and I don't listen to music via the internal speakers BUT I have to say while just playing the 1 game the internal speakers suck!!!!! Very tinny sounding. Almost sounds like the speaker cone is torn.

Other than that I found only 1 APP, AT&T's Mark the Spot, crashes. It works fine on my iPhone 6 though. I had 1 APP on the iP6 that I had to delete and reinstall and it worked after that. I guess I'll try that with AT&T's APP tonight.

The biggest thing I like is the Touch ID. So much better than having to punch in my Pass code every time I let the iPad go to sleep.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro