So, the iPad air 2 is in stores as of now

shief24

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
I envy you guys. I'm really trying hard not to buy this but I'm finding it harder to resist! I'm gonna try to hold out as long as I can before I buy it. I just really don't want to spend do much on apple products in one month. I will pass by an apple store just to play with it.

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
Is the screen better?is it noticeable?
Did you play any game on it?

The screen looks better.more crisp and clearer with a better reflective glare. I haven't played any games yet cause my girlfriend doesn't have any . But it's a noticeable difference

Last edited:

lv1

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
No cellular though??

I can't find a model in any size or color with cellular capabilities, searching store inventories (online) in the DC area and Lehigh Valley, PA. What gives??:(

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Re: No cellular though??

I can't find a model in any size or color with cellular capabilities, searching store inventories (online) in the DC area and Lehigh Valley, PA. What gives??:(

They aren't being sold yet . On Mac rumors one was shipped and said delayed by the FCC. Probably isn't approved yet ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

nr2d

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Re: No cellular though??

I just checked the FCC site. I guess the p/n of the wifi+cell iPad2 is A1567. I was wondering about the delay of the WIFI/Cell model. According to the FCC site the test report is dated 9/12/2014 and 10/14/2014. From what I can see the units tested passed SAR and emissions testing with "flying colors". So I wonder why the wifi/cell versions are being delayed for release?

BTW the FCC Type Acceptance number is BCGA1567.

EDIT 1: Well I just an EMAIL from my credit card company. My card was charged. So I guess my iPad Air 2 will be on it's way today/tonight. Can't wait.

Last edited:

Team George

Jul 31, 2009
Visit site
Just played around with an air 2 in an Apple Store - goodness it is light! Something about the ergonomics makes it feel even nicer to hold than my mini 2. The gold one is gorgeous!

donawalt

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
I was just in a Best Buy and the sales guy said the wifi + cell versions were in the back, but they were not authorized to start selling them yet. I was in an Apple Store last night, they were selling wifi only, and he said the cellular ones would be for sale today. Don't know if they are or not, the store still shows as "Soon" from the Apple site yet it shows "Available today" for the wifi only.

anon(27512)

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I just checked the FCC site. I guess the p/n of the wifi+cell iPad2 is A1567. I was wondering about the delay of the WIFI/Cell model. According to the FCC site the test report is dated 9/12/2014 and 10/14/2014. From what I can see the units tested passed SAR and emissions testing with "flying colors". So I wonder why the wifi/cell versions are being delayed for release?

BTW the FCC Type Acceptance number is BCGA1567.

EDIT 1: Well I just an EMAIL from my credit card company. My card was charged. So I guess my iPad Air 2 will be on it's way today/tonight. Can't wait.

Update us when you get it! I'm trying to get a cellular version as well.

gcantrell

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I called my local Verizon store yesterday and they said they have no idea when they will be getting them in and were pushing me to pre-order one. Hoping they'll have them soon.

UPDATE: I called them this morning and they now have an in store date of 10/31.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR