Do we know when the iPad Air 2 will be in the stores or is pre-order the only way you can get them?

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
re: Do we know when the iPad Air 2 will be in the stores or is pre-order the only way you can get them?

I didn't hear them mention in-store availability... just pre-order, and ship next week...

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
re: Do we know when the iPad Air 2 will be in the stores or is pre-order the only way you can get them?

Do we know when they will be in the stores or is pre-order the only way you can get them?

The stuff usually hits the store the same day that it starts shipping. At this point, it’s a gelatinous ship date of "next week". They will definitely NOT be available in stores until then.

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site

Pre Order is all I know of so far. :)

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site

My guess is next Friday.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site

I'm hoping their in stores next Friday. I'd love to see it in person.

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site

I hope they have some left in stock at the stores :)

jeilders

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
If we can preorder for in store pick-up I will probably do that. Guaranteed to get it on first day but don't have to stand in line. We saw some people do this for the 6 launch and it seemed to work pretty slick...

RealNeal

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
I'll be getting up at 1:45AM to pre-order. Rumors of limited availability abound on this iPad due to the difficulty of producing the new laminated screen, so I am taking absolutely no chances! 64GB White/Silver. :)

DaPhoneking

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
I'll be getting up at 1:45AM to pre-order. Rumors of limited availability abound on this iPad due to the difficulty of producing the new laminated screen, so I am taking absolutely no chances! 64GB White/Silver. :)

Save a 128GB Space Gray Air 2 on Verizon for me please. :D

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
If you pre-order to pick up at the store, do you have to pay for it online or when you get to the store?

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Ok, thanks guys! Do you think in-store availability will be good on launch or no?

No clue. I would expect Apple to handle the iPad launch similarly to the iPhone. Separate stock for pre-orders and in-store sales. But I have not heard anything about expected stock or availability.

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
As long as there are no lines forming the day before, I assume I'd be fine, but who knows? I just want to pop in after school and pick it up.

It obviously won't be as popular as the iPhone 6, so I would assume I'd get one if I went later in the evening.

DaPhoneking

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
Ok, thanks guys! Do you think in-store availability will be good on launch or no?

Hard to say, but I don't really see a lot of people looking to get them. I remember when the first iPad mini came out, there was barely a line at the Apple Store. But who knows.