Speeding up iPad Air

Mucho Spanish

Sep 10, 2011
www.muchospanish.tv
I had a little over 3 GB free and my iPad was sluggish. I reset my iPad, erasing all contents and restored from iCloud backup. My iPad seems much faster, and now I have 13 GB free (not all of my photos are back).

Is my iPad faster because I erased the hard drive or because I have so much free space? How much free space should I have to keep this running snappy? Does erasing the hard drive help like it does with traditional hard drives?

Thanks

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
You probably need around 5GB of free space.
Just a suggestion. You should consider getting a 32GB model for the iPad Air if you won't be able to leave at least 5GB free. The 16GB model may not suit your needs.

theromz

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
When the iPad Air first came out, I remember Rene said on MBW that his only disappointment with the iPad Air was that Apple didn't give it enough ram.

I just found this about OS X and iOS using virtual ram: https://developer.apple.com/library...tual/ManagingMemory/Articles/AboutMemory.html

I would agree with this, it terms of CPU and GPU power the air is crazy fast, too fast, but the ram sort of limits it. Anandtech also comment that 64bit apps take up 30% more ram, so usage will slowly creep up as more and more apps transition to 64bit.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW