Is iPad Air worthy upgrade?

Fishfam

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
Hi! I currently have an iPad 3rd Gen 16GB Wi-Fi that I got about a year ago. It lags at times and crashes at others, but for the most part it's fine. I'm going in for a (free) allergist testing where they pay you in return for using your skin to develop medicines and the such. When I say "paid", I mean there was a guy I heard was there for 3 hours, got sprayed with a 2,000% dust compound, then walked out $1,000 richer. You're basically getting paid to sneeze. :) Anyway, if I get enough, should I use the money for a new Black 32GB Wi-Fi iPad Air, or should I save it for something else? (I'm 14, so chances to get $500+ come around only at Christmas and my birthday, which are 3 days apart. :()

Thanks! ;)

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Hi! I currently have an iPad 3rd Gen 16GB Wi-Fi that I got about a year ago. It lags at times and crashes at others, but for the most part it's fine. I'm going in for a (free) allergist testing where they pay you in return for using your skin to develop medicines and the such. When I say "paid", I mean there was a guy I heard was there for 3 hours, got sprayed with a 2,000% dust compound, then walked out $1,000 richer. You're basically getting paid to sneeze. :) Anyway, if I get enough, should I use the money for a new Black 32GB Wi-Fi iPad Air, or should I save it for something else? (I'm 14, so chances to get $500+ come around only at Christmas and my birthday, which are 3 days apart. :()

Thanks! ;)

I'm assuming your parents have given their permission for you to basically be a lab test subject.…If so, and if you do somehow get the one grand, save it. You may need that money to help with medical bills ….:)….Personally, I'd stick with the current iPad, especially if it's not being used much.

iHackPro

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Hey!

Personally, I wouldn't upgrade, and I use an iPad 2. I probably will upgrade to the latest iPad when it is released though. If your iPad 3 is still chugging along, I say keep it, and save the money for an iPhone 6 when it comes out. ;)

Cheers!

Fishfam

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
I'm assuming your parents have given their permission for you to basically be a lab test subject.…If so, and if you do somehow get the one grand, save it. You may need that money to help with medical bills ….:)….Personally, I'd stick with the current iPad, especially if it's not being used much.

My mom's being a human Guinea pig too. (my younger brother might, if it's legal. ;)) And I'm using the iPad a lot for both school and recreation, at least 1 hour a day. I also write in Pages for school, which I spend and average of 3-6 hours on a week. (Note: those 3-6 hours are all in one day.)

Fishfam

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
Hey!

Personally, I wouldn't upgrade, and I use an iPad 2. I probably will upgrade to the latest iPad when it is released though. If your iPad 3 is still chugging along, I say keep it, and save the money for an iPhone 6 when it comes out. ;)

Cheers!

Yeah, I've been reading some reviews, and it seems that the update is only incremental.

I want that iPhone 6, though...

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
I will answer your question first

The iPad Air is a great device

But it's not worth your health and well being no one pays you for nothing what your talking about is dangerous 💣

Sent from my iPhone 5s Gold 64GB

Fishfam4

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
I will answer your question first

The iPad Air is a great device

But it's not worth your health and well being no one pays you for nothing what your talking about is dangerous 💣

Sent from my iPhone 5s Gold 64GB

Er, they take a small skin sample, run some tests on it and then find out what you're allergic to that you might not know about. Then then test how you react to a concentrated version of whatever that may be. (Unless you're, you know, deathly allergic to the aforementioned allergen) It's completely safe, and think of it this way: the FDA could make millions with whatever medicine they may derive from that sample, what's a few hundred to them? ;)

Rocket_Girl

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site

You're 14... legitimate medical research REQUIRES parental permission. This is federal law - and we (medical researchers) can and do go to jail for breaking consent laws.

If they don't require your parents' permission, run far, run fast - its waaayyy illegal and likely to harm you in ways you may or may not be aware of while you sit in that room. For one, breathing in powder/dust does permanent lung damage - it scares me just to see that!

No iPad (or any other device) is worth this.

bberrynewbie84

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
The air is my first iPad ever and I'm kinda on the fence about it,I'm loving the apps and the size but holding it is kinda uncomfortable so I might exchange it for a mini with retina.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen