Has anyone ever gotten a generic iPad Air case you love from eBay or Amazon?

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
A lot of people have. I know people that only order their cases from Amazon & eBay. I usually just go to the Apple Store, Best Buy or something because I need instant gratification but there's nothing wrong with ordering from Amazon or eBay.

zanix

Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I really like the rooCASE Slim Shell Origami Case. I'm not using it much since I got my Apple Smart Case, but it's a great value and offers some unique viewing angles.
Amazon.com: rooCASE Apple iPad Air Case - Slim Shell Origami Case for Apple iPad 5 Air (5th Gen) Tablet, GRAY (With Smart Cover Auto Wake / Sleep): Computers & Accessories

That looks nice! I'm not opposed to getting an apple case/cover but I've been reading one of them scratches the iPad. I definitely don't want that!

kilen71

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Do you like your Apple Smart case?

I really like the Smart Case a lot. Fits very nice and looks fantastic. I got mine for $30 as an "Open Item" on the Clearance table - not sure if I would have paid the full $80 for one. I think the issue with scratching has more to do with the Smart Cover that magnetically attaches to the iPad, not the Case version.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I suppose there might be some folks who only buy the cases Apple makes but I never do. I believe I've only had the free bumper that Apple gave us with the iPhone 4.

I buy cases and things sold by major retailers like speck, otterbox, lifeproof, etc but because I switch cases daily on my iPhone and sometimes on my tablets, I have no choice but to buy things off of eBay or Amazon. Apple doesn't remotely come close to having what I like or prefer.

I've had my iPad 3 for however long it's been since it's been out and for the most part I've had a poetic smart case on it; sold only on amazon and their site for what I know. I love those cases.

Where you get a case doesn't make a bit of difference unless it's a knockoff of lifeproof or protective cases of that nature. Don't expect those to work.

Sent from my [Gold] iPhone 5S

zanix

Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I got this one for my iPad Mini before the end of the year for a penny, plus $4.99 shipping - $5.00 total, delivered. Very happy with it... I see the price has gone up to just over $10, but with a Prime account, 2-day shipping is free.

Amazon.com: [CORNER PROTECTION] CaseCrown Bold Standby Pro Case (Black) for Apple iPad mini / iPad mini with Retina Display with Sleep/Wake, Hand Grip, Corner Protection, & Multi-Angle Viewing Stand: Computers & Accessories

I saw this one on Amazon. Just wasn't sure how sturdy it was. I like how it covers the corners.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I saw this one on Amazon. Just wasn't sure how sturdy it was. I like how it covers the corners.

And it has the magnetic closure that turns off the screen... worth way more than the $5 (total, incl shipping) that I paid for it...

zanix

Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I suppose there might be some folks who only buy the cases Apple makes but I never do. I believe I've only had the free bumper that Apple gave us with the iPhone 4.

I buy cases and things sold by major retailers like speck, otterbox, lifeproof, etc but because I switch cases daily on my iPhone and sometimes on my tablets, I have no choice but to buy things off of eBay or Amazon. Apple doesn't remotely come close to having what I like or prefer.

I've had my iPad 3 for however long it's been since it's been out and for the most part I've had a poetic smart case on it; sold only on amazon and their site for what I know. I love those cases.

Where you get a case doesn't make a bit of difference unless it's a knockoff of lifeproof or protective cases of that nature. Don't expect those to work.

I was actually going to order the Poetic but wasn't sure as the first few reviews weren't great. Any complaints?

zanix

Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Any of you use a screen protector? I always put one on my phones but I'm thinking maybe with the iPad I may not need one since the case I get will cover the screen. Thoughts?

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Any of you use a screen protector? I always put one on my phones but I'm thinking maybe with the iPad I may not need one since the case I get will cover the screen. Thoughts?

I had a screen protector on my first iPhone (iPhone 4) in 2010... and none of my devices since. No problem for phone or iPad.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site

I had a screen protector on my iPad 2 for maybe 8 months when I first got it. It started peeling so I took it off and never replaced it. But my screen looks mint after close to 3 years of use. My gf used the hell out of it it from late 2012 to summer 2013 with long nails and not a mark on the screen.

zanix

Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I had a screen protector on my iPad 2 for maybe 8 months when I first got it. It started peeling so I took it off and never replaced it. But my screen looks mint after close to 3 years of use. My gf used the hell out of it it from late 2012 to summer 2013 with long nails and not a mark on the screen.

I don't think I will get one. Really didn't want to get one as I'm sick of dealing with them on my iPhone. Thanks!

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I was actually going to order the Poetic but wasn't sure as the first few reviews weren't great. Any complaints?

No way, none at all! I love their cases. When I get another iPad I'm getting more from them.

The last case I bought I've had on my iPad for about 1.5 years and the magnet still works great, smart function is still working great, no chips/cracks or discoloration at all.

I do but that's for my personal comfort. I'd rather a dirty or smoggy protector instead of my screen. You don't need it unless you're around kids or plan on doing something extreme with your iPad around. Lol

projectman

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site

I got the Poetic "smart cover" (full coverage on body plus 3-fold magnetic cover) for my iPad Air and iPad rMini. Spent like...$6/each. They work great. Love 'em. Here is a link to it. Price is less now but appears to be the same:

Amazon.com: Poetic Slimline Case for Apple iPad Air (5th Generation iPad) Black (3 Year Manufacturer Warranty From Poetic): Electronics

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR