Touch ID on iPad air?

TheAnalogkid

Sep 12, 2013
Visit site
I would like to buy an iPad air but I really like the idea of touch ID. Is this a feature that is likely to surface on refresh if the iPad air in 2014?

TheAnalogkid

Sep 12, 2013
Visit site
Sell the Nexus 7 and try your best to give away the Playbook. And then use the 80 bucks that you collected from the sale toward an iPad Air.

Fair play on the PlayBook, however, the Nexus 7 is excellent device... Especially when you consider what it cost to buy.

The question is whether to buy now or wait for Touch ID?

goku_vegeta

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Fair play on the PlayBook, however, the Nexus 7 is excellent device... Especially when you consider what it cost to buy.

The question is whether to buy now or wait for Touch ID?

Touch ID isn't going to revolutionize your usage. If you were planning to wait for an iPad refresh you might as well wait to see if any hardware improvements other than Touch ID are made. If it doesn't concern you just get the iPad Air now.

TheAnalogkid

Sep 12, 2013
Visit site
Touch ID isn't going to revolutionize your usage. If you were planning to wait for an iPad refresh you might as well wait to see if any hardware improvements other than Touch ID are made. If it doesn't concern you just get the iPad Air now.

I would like to be able to share the iPad air with my wife and daughter. I understand that Touch ID will "partition" the iPad air such that we can all be signed into our own twitter, Facebook, etc ?

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I would like to be able to share the iPad air with my wife and daughter. I understand that Touch ID will "partition" the iPad air such that we can all be signed into our own twitter, Facebook, etc ?

Unless I am completely mistaken I do not believe that you could do that. Touch id just allows the phone to open without using a password or swiping. It can't decipher different users.

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
Works flawlessly for me. Wish my iPad Air had it.

I'm sure it doesnt work every single time, no matter what, with no thought to repositioning your finger for a proper scan. Every single person I know that has a 5S has to properly align their finger to get it right. And I got tired of doing that. Sure, if I do that it works "flawlessly" but the amount of times I reach for my device and want access right away, having to set my finger just right for that perfect scan got annoying REAL quick.

Scallops

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site
I use my wife's iPhone 5S and neither of us have had any issue with the finger print scanner not working. Personally, I love the feature, because having a semi complex Apple ID, it's a pain to enter it every time I download an app etc.

I'd be very happy to have the feature on my tablet.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice