Battery life strange

BenitoC

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
I've noticed something really odd with the battery percentage. After I have charged the battery and started to use the iPad Air, it seems to drain a bit fast dropping a couple percent in the first few minutes. However, if I then turn the iPad Air off and restart it, it pops back up to 100% and then drains slowly and at the normal pace.

Has anyone noticed this? I'm guessing this is an iOS 7 issue and particular to my iPad Air.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Sounds like a screwy settings of some sort. Since it is a new device, you might want to make a genius bar appointment and have them check it out or exchange it. That's what I'd do.

Yong Foo

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

I'm having the same problem as you. after a full charge my battery drop fast down to 96% then i had to reset (home button + power button) my ipad and the battery will show 100% again. try reset your ipad to factory default and set as new ipad, thats what i did and so the battery seem to be back to normal (still need a few more days to try it out)

and again i'm facing battery life problem - my ipad air only lasted 10hrs ish. (usage 10h 20min / standby 1d 7h) i'm using my ipad for gaming most of the time, would consider myself a heavy user. should i get exchange?

nabans

Banned
Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I'm having the same problem as you. after a full charge my battery drop fast down to 96% then i had to reset (home button + power button) my ipad and the battery will show 100% again. try reset your ipad to factory default and set as new ipad, thats what i did and so the battery seem to be back to normal (still need a few more days to try it out)

and again i'm facing battery life problem - my ipad air only lasted 10hrs ish. (usage 10h 20min / standby 1d 7h) i'm using my ipad for gaming most of the time, would consider myself a heavy user. should i get exchange?

As KarenKcoulter said, you shouldn't get an exchange because that's what's the advertised battery life is. I see that you posted this message yesterday and so I was curious about how is your battery doing right now because you mentioned that you had to factory reset it to get the right percentage.

Yong Foo

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
I've noticed something really odd with the battery percentage. After I have charged the battery and started to use the iPad Air, it seems to drain a bit fast dropping a couple percent in the first few minutes. However, if I then turn the iPad Air off and restart it, it pops back up to 100% and then drains slowly and at the normal pace.

Has anyone noticed this? I'm guessing this is an iOS 7 issue and particular to my iPad Air.

hi, facing the same problem today... my ipad batter indicator went from 100% down to 94% but after i did a reset (power + home button) it went back to 99% >.<

BenitoC

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
I ran my battery down to zero and then fully recharged. The battery indicator seems to be corrected now. We'll see if this lasts.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I ran my battery down to zero and then fully recharged. The battery indicator seems to be corrected now. We'll see if this lasts.
Thank you for the update, and please keep us posted, if you don't mind....:)

BenitoC

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
Update! After a charging the battery percentage did the quite drop again. Rebooting the iPad Air fixed it. I'm not sure this iPad Air is doing this, I'm hoping it is just a software glitch that will be fixed with ios7. It doesn't seem like a hardware problem whatsoever because my iPad Air has great battery life.

Yong Foo

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
Hi beni,

Just ignored the battery indicator, even thought it drop from 100% to 99 or 96% fairly quickly but over the hours the usage will be almost the same, as in 10% battery life = 1hr ish of usage, depending on the activities u do. I've set my ipad on 30% brightness, on wifi, off most unwanted option and i use my ipad for gaming. So 10% = 1hr 15mins approx for me.

Would suggest u run the battery like usual n check if there any difference in usage / standby time.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods