Newstand xfer to new iPad Air

carldw

Dec 3, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

Hope someone can help, I had an iPad 3rd Gen, to which i subscribed to MacFormat and read on the ipad frequently, now I have bought a new ipad air, when i go to newstand I cannot see my magazines, even tho I have synched everything from icloud and through itunes. If I go to the app store, it just says the current mac format is free trial, but wont let me get to my library of previous copies I have paid for, any ideas on how I can access my back catalogue on my new impressive ipad air ?? :)

Carl

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
When you initiate the Newsstand app and then select "store", are you able to see the purchased section to view your previously purchased newsstand items?

Is there a "Restore previous purchase" option like there is with various apps & games?

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
According to Apple:

• Each publication is a standalone app. For additional assistance or information for that publication, refer to the app's built-in help or App Store listing. http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4943
So I *assume* you have to re-download the subscriptions and then select to "restore previous purchase" for each subscription.

carldw

Dec 3, 2013
Visit site
Hi Just Me'd,

A good old fasioned reboot brought the Mac Format icon back into the newstand, however it now says my previous magazines are corrupted, to delete and redownload, I tried this but cannot delete them, and if I do try to download, it wants to charge me more money, even tho I subscribe.

Have wrote to future publishing about it now, see what they say.

Thanks for your help :)

Carl

carldw

Dec 3, 2013
Visit site
All sorted now - when i eventually found the "restore your purchases" it recognised me and let me re-download the magazines :) now i can get to grips with my ipad air ...

Thanks Carl

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
All sorted now - when i eventually found the "restore your purchases" it recognised me and let me re-download the magazines :) now i can get to grips with my ipad air ...

Thanks Carl

You're very welcome, and I'm glad you got it taken care of..:)...Enjoy the rest of your day, my friend.