Is your iPad Air displaying a yellowish color?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
If you're one of the people who have gone out and purchased an iPad Air, are you experiencing a yellowish color on your display? If so, does it bother you? Have you gotten the iPad replaced? Is it a bright yellow, dark yellow or what? Please share your experience with us.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
If you're one of the people who have gone out and purchased an iPad Air, are you experiencing a yellowish color on your display? If so, does it bother you? Have you gotten the iPad replaced? Is it a bright yellow, dark yellow or what? Please share your experience with us.

My first one had a slight yellow tint on the bottom right corner. Nothing big to where it bothered me but I had to exchange it due to ipad kept rebooting. New one is all good. Wife's Air is all good too.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Nope! My iPad Air has a bright white screen with a slightly bluish tint to it, just like my iPhone 5S. This is exactly how I like my iDevices to be.

netnative

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
I have been reading about this issue on another forum. Reading of complaints about image-retention, yellowish displays, and dead pixels can make purchasing an iPad feel like playing the lottery! My iPad mini Retina will be delivered today. Let's see how lucky I am.

Rocket_Girl

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I have been reading about this issue on another forum. Reading of complaints about image-retention, yellowish displays, and dead pixels can make purchasing an iPad feel like playing the lottery! My iPad mini Retina will be delivered today. Let's see how lucky I am.

Good luck. In case it helps, just remember that what you do NOT see here are the bazillion people who have had no issues at all. Bazillions. Odds for the lottery may be better than odds of getting a device w/ one of these issues. Again, good luck!

netnative

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
Good luck. In case it helps, just remember that what you do NOT see here are the bazillion people who have had no issues at all. Bazillions. Odds for the lottery may be better than odds of getting a device w/ one of these issues. Again, good luck!

Thanks! Are you a fan of Elton John (Rocket Man, released in 1972)?

dalaen

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
Okay it became obvious in a dark room. 33% of the screen is yellow.

I took 2 pictures with a rotation of 180? in between. You can clearly see what's the yellowish color about. First it's at the bottom, then at the top (because the iPad got turned upside down).

image.jpegimage-1.jpeg

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73