iPad Air rebooting?

shief24

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
I returned my iPad until they fix it (sadly). I even replicated the issue on display iPads at the iOS store. As soon as they confirm its fixed, i'll spend my $700 again.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I returned my iPad until they fix it (sadly). I even replicated the issue on display iPads at the iOS store. As soon as they confirm its fixed, i'll spend my $700 again.

I will be returning my iPad Air as well if this issue is not fixed soon. Safari crashes almost everyday on my Air now, which is not acceptable for something that I paid almost $900. for.

minimo3

Nov 26, 2008
Visit site
My Air hardly reboots anymore since I stopped using the Music app (and especially iTunes Radio). Switched to using Spotify. Its awesome especially now that its free.

adamgbiggs

Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
Only had mine since yesterday, but I've been on it constantly, not had a reboot or a safari crash yet, mine came with iOS 7.0.4 already on.

Adam.

c_hack

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
All our iOS 7 devices have been rebooting periodically since iOS 7 was released. It's either a buggy OS or developers are having a hard time with it. I get about 2 reboots per week per device.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

adamgbiggs

Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
All our iOS 7 devices have been rebooting periodically since iOS 7 was released. It's either a buggy OS or developers are having a hard time with it. I get about 2 reboots per week per device.

My i5 don't reboot at all running iOS 7.0.4, and I'm yet to see my new iPad reboot.

Adam.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
My i5 don't reboot at all running iOS 7.0.4, and I'm yet to see my new iPad reboot.

Adam.

Seems like not everyone has this issue which is odd since many think it's a software related problem. I've been lucky enough with my Air not to have the reboot problem. So far this week I haven't had any Safari or Chrome crash issues either ( fingers crossed).

Redshirt

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
A respring only restarts the SpringBoard without turning the Device off. A reboot turns the Device off completly.

To clarify, if you're using an app on the iPad Air, and it goes to the black screen with the Apple logo, then takes you back to the Slide to Unlock screen, is that a reboot or a re-spring? Seems more like a warm boot vs a respring.

Redshirt

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
My iPad air has rebooted several times. It has happened when opening my web browser or just a application. Anybody else have this happen to them?

I've been having this happen a lot for me on the iPad Air, but not my iPhone 5 (both with iOS 7.0.4). In Settings\General\About\Usage\Diagnostics & Usage\Diagnostics & Usage Data, I see Low Memory messages. I assume there's something funky in the multi-tasking where it's not releasing memory correctly.

stooovie

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
I've been having this happen a lot for me on the iPad Air, but not my iPhone 5 (both with iOS 7.0.4). In Settings\General\About\Usage\Diagnostics & Usage\Diagnostics & Usage Data, I see Low Memory messages. I assume there's something funky in the multi-tasking where it's not releasing memory correctly.

Absolutely the same here. No crashes/reboots on iPhone 5, many with iPad air. Both on 7.0.4. Tons of Low memory warnings on Air, zero on i5.

Redshirt

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Hah, the truth behind the crashing. It's all the NSA's fault. People who's iPad airs are crashing in Safari = NSA software monitoring your web access and causing problems. No crashes, no NSA software. Simple! Totally not Apple having a memory leak in iOS or Safari or anything... :)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro