Ipad Air owners share here

nabans

Banned
Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
Awesome tablet, I like the splitted keyboard function that lets me type very easily and unlike other tablets, it lasts a whopping 11.5 hours for me. That's more than enough.

nabans

Banned
Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
Just upgraded from the original iPad Mini and let me say that the difference between Retina and non-Retina resolutions is a night and day difference, not to mention the huge performance boost from the original mini. I am absolutely loving it! :D The only con is that I now have to purchase a new messenger bag to fit the Air to take with me to work.

Hey I just saw your username and the first thing that got to my mind was that wrestler named Doink. Are you a fan of him? Or you just kept it like that?

reeneebob

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
I've never had an iPad before so I am loving it so far. Got the 32 Gb white Bell 4G version. My only other tablet I've owned is a Touchpad so the weight on this is amazing compared to that.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk HD

Chrysalis1156

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Got mine shortly after it was released & loved everything about it but having to "mash" a button to navigate between & close apps etc. (Came from a PlayBook which only needs a button to power on.) Dummy me finally found some time to read the iPad "users guide" & discovered the gestures & all I can say is "Yay!" Perfect! 😄

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
Got mine shortly after it was released & loved everything about it but having to "mash" a button to navigate between & close apps etc. (Came from a PlayBook which only needs a button to power on.) Dummy me finally found some time to read the iPad "users guide" & discovered the gestures & all I can say is "Yay!" Perfect! 😄

Sometimes I forget about the gestures.

bembol

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
Okay, I started out with the 128GB Air LTE which I later returned and picked up the 32GB LTE because I knew I wanted the Mini Retina too.

I realized I couldn't afford both so I downgrade to the 16GB iPad 4 LTE. traded it in kijiji and $220 cash.

I wasn't happy with the 32GB MiniR, I don't know I guess having a "phablet" (had the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 back then, now black 32GB Google nexus 5) made it pointless owning one and I really missed the Air.

So I sold the 16GB iPad 4 LTE and returned the MiniR. Today, I picked up the Air 64GB Wi-Fi.

LOL What a month.

Peter Cotton

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I think what I've learnt over the last couple of months is that I was really stupid to get the 16GB version. Next year, I will defiantly be upgrading to a 64GB of whatever the latest is then. I think it's getting to the point where, like they did with the 8GB, scrap 16 and make 32 the new entry level.

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
I think what I've learnt over the last couple of months is that I was really stupid to get the 16GB version. Next year, I will defiantly be upgrading to a 64GB of whatever the latest is then. I think it's getting to the point where, like they did with the 8GB, scrap 16 and make 32 the new entry level.

I guess it will still depend on what you use your iPad for. My wife still has a 16 GB iPad mini and gets along just fine.

Sent from my iPhone 5S. The "S" is for sexy.

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site

I stopped buying 16GB iPhones/iPads quite some time ago. 16GB should be the next storage option to be dropped. I had a 64 and returned it for a 32. There was just now way I needed that much. My friend has 128 and he barely has 20 GB on his. That's way excessive.

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
Becoming my favorite Apple device that I have ever owned. I have been using my Air more and more everyday. I have a really awesome Zagg backlit bluetooth keyboard case on it and I have been ecstatic ever since.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

johnboysupergolf

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site
For me being an ipad3 owner, the upgrade was a no brainer. I got ?300 for my old jail broken device and the air cost ?400. So in essence it only cost ?100.
I must say I'm very pleased, a noticeable difference in the weight, speed department and also the battery life which is giving me 10 hours plus.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
For me being an ipad3 owner, the upgrade was a no brainer. I got ?300 for my old jail broken device and the air cost ?400. So in essence it only cost ?100.
I must say I'm very pleased, a noticeable difference in the weight, speed department and also the battery life which is giving me 10 hours plus.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

The battery life is huge. Last week I went to a conference and I was a little worried because when I grabbed my iPad Air, it had 67 percent battery life and I knew I was going to be sitting in this workshop for about 7 hours. With the screen on most of the time and bluetooth keyboard enabled, I made it through the entire workshop and was able to get back to the hotel with about 15 percent battery. That's huge.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
The battery life is huge. Last week I went to a conference and I was a little worried because when I grabbed my iPad Air, it had 67 percent battery life and I knew I was going to be sitting in this workshop for about 7 hours. With the screen on most of the time and bluetooth keyboard enabled, I made it through the entire workshop and was able to get back to the hotel with about 15 percent battery. That's huge.

It works great unless your playing graphic intensive games other than that it lasts quite a while

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
It works great unless your playing graphic intensive games other than that it lasts quite a while

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

Yeah, I don't do that. Actually, my Air never leaves the keyboard case that I have it in.

applelex

Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
Well I wouldn't know how well this performs in comparison to the iPad 4 because this is my first iPad ever. But my first Impressions where that it was extremely fast as far as performance but the lack of refinement in iOS 7 spoiled it a bit, I was very light and the displays resolution was amazing. I know that this is a iPad thing more than it is an iPad Air thing but people told me that the iPad is just a larger iPhone and in some cases it is but it's a completely different experience (excuse the iPad noobness). But in glad I chose this iPad to be my first ever can't amazing life without it.

Sent from my iPad using iMore Forums

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
Well I wouldn't know how well this performs in comparison to the iPad 4 because this is my first iPad ever. But my first Impressions where that it was extremely fast as far as performance but the lack of refinement in iOS 7 spoiled it a bit, I was very light and the displays resolution was amazing. I know that this is a iPad thing more than it is an iPad Air thing but people told me that the iPad is just a larger iPhone and in some cases it is but it's a completely different experience (excuse the iPad noobness). But in glad I chose this iPad to be my first ever can't amazing life without it.

You mention the lack of refinement. Could you go into detail about those?

applelex

Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
You mention the lack of refinement. Could you go into detail about those?

I was talking about iOS 7... The stutter and dropped frames in certain areas in the OS is pretty much my main concern, like when you go into the App Store and look at screenshots of an app and when you magnify that picture it stutters instead of magnifying all in one motion. The same with spotlight search when you pull that down from the home screen it stutters on the way down instead of a smooth all in one motion gesture. Another thing is when you open up settings and hit wallpapers and brightness twice the settings app crashes every time without fail and Things like that should not be in the OS I can't imagine that's something that Apple wanted but maybe I'm just picky.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2