Ipad Air owners share here

Michael Zajdel

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Hi everyone,

Can someone please put the print screen of every settings page that he heas cause my ipad last maybe 9:30h. And i don't know if something is with my ipad or some app drains my battery :(

Rocket_Girl

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
this made too much sense to me... so I pulled the trigger on an Air 64GB WiFi+Cellular (space grey). Will keep my original Mini, and wait for the next Mini Retina (Mini 3), which if history is any indication, will be in a new enclosure, while iPad 6 (Air 2) will keep the same form factor for another cycle.

Says delivery on Nov 11. Hopefully it shows up sooner. Regardless - I'll consider it an early b-day present - which how I kinda justified to myself. :D

Thank you for pointing out the evolution-of-enclosure cycle for mini vs. Air -- effectively bulletproofing my rationalization of yesterday's decision to go for the Air. Same one Peligro has: white, 64GB, VZW.

I have a mini 1st-gen wi-fi only, and love the portability (downsized from the short-lived iPad 3, version 1 with cellular). Have been doing the Air-vs-retina Mini dance since the announcement.

Have to go back to LTE support from wi-fi only, so I had already decided to get one of the new ones. Planned to wait for retina mini, until I stopped in Apple store yesterday to play with the Air ("to play with"= decision to buy-unless-I-hate-the-Air. And who hates the Air, right?). As much as I LOVE the smaller mini form factor, using the Air after a year with the Mini is like dessert for my 40 yr-old eyes. Not just any dessert, but reeeeaallly good dark chocolate. With caramel on top.

With the smaller, lighter full-size, the Air may be the sweet spot for me. I use my mini for work, with a Shark clamshell keyboard, and it works, but using the Air is like being able to breathe again- when I didn't realize I was gasping (still have keyboards from the iPad 3, so no re-buying needed there). I will also keep the 1st gen Mini, so the portability option will remain. By the time of the NEXT iteration of the mini (thank you, LCW), I will know whether I want to go back down in size or stick with the Air. Or, by that time, perhaps keep both :-D. So far, I am loving the Air.

Thank you for the rationalization, LCW- and Happy Birthday!

Last edited:

toemasuxsempai

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
Being an ipad 4 users,switching to the "air" was not worth it. Mainly because if you work out the weight differences is noticeable but when you adjust to the weight. It's not significant at all from how I saw it. I returned the air and I'm going to get the iPad mini with retina 128 GB version when it comes out. The differences in speed is a plus. The differences isn't like having an iphone 4 to an iphone 5 in terms of weight to me. The air is really nice but if it falls on your face at night, it will feel virtually the same (hurts!). The ipad air is no doubt the best ipad but when having a 4 to an air, I personally don't think its worth the money unless you got cash laying a round. I do think having an ipad 3 and below is worth the upgrade. Mainly because If you find the right deals for trade in's, you get a better bargain for the price margin.

Either way if you do get an air, you'll most likely be a happy person.

toemasuxsempai

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1384201633.915069.jpg

BTW battery life is amazing, all settings maxed except, I turned mail off. Mail is a killing drain for battery. I prefer the email providers app vs the stock mail app.

Peter Cotton

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
So far, I love it. I switched from the iPad 4 to the mini last year because I found the iPad 4 was too heavy to hold for long periods of time. But I really missed the screen size and the screen quality. For me, the iPad air was the perfect upgrade. It's nice and light, super fast and the screen quality is awesome.

minimo3

Nov 26, 2008
Visit site
Hi everyone,

Can someone please put the print screen of every settings page that he heas cause my ipad last maybe 9:30h. And i don't know if something is with my ipad or some app drains my battery :(

I've found that letting the iPad drain to less than 5% battery life then charging it to 100% helps to calibrate it better. I do this with every cycle if I can help it. My 2.5yr old iPad 2 would still consistently deliver 12-13hrs of actual usage. With just 2 cycles on the Air I'm seeing even better battery life - so far around 15hrs.

stooovie

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
I got my new Air today. First my background: I write books on Apple stuff and I know my way around their stuff, so definitely no noob here :) Overall I like the device, but there are some little issues.

1) where the iPad 4 stuttered, Air stutters too. New version of Pages (scrolling in the doc library), Downcast, multitasking (especially multitouch gestures), sometimes even the Fav lists in Safari. New clean install. iOS 7 is the culprit here but I did sort of expect some improvement.

2) sound is definitely improved, but the whole thing now vibrates with higher volumes. The chassis is so thin this is probably the inevitable trade off. Also, you can now flex the iPad a little bit. Definitely feels less solid. But I know we can't get heft and lightness at the same time.

3) mute switch/gesture lock is so flush I can only flick it with a fingernail. No big deal. On the other hand, the Home button seems a bit more sturdy now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Just curious... Anyone thinking of returning their Air to get a Mini-Retina?

Absolutely.... Positively..... NOT!!
happy-026.gif

I love my iPad Air more and more every day. The size and weight are perfect for me now. The larger retina screen makes viewing videos on more enjoyable than the smaller screen on my old Mini.

Sent from my iPad Air.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Hands down to answer my own thread is yes no matter what ipad you have the Air is worth it .. Hands down
Especially if you sell your precious version the upgrade it not so costly

toemasuxsempai

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
Just curious... Anyone thinking of returning their Air to get a Mini-Retina?

Had the air and returned it after 7 days. No doubt an amazing device but the form factor of the mini just fits my needs. I picked up the 128 GB mini with retina and I'm loving it compared to the air.

j_benj

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I thought for a while I might return my Air for a mini but I've fallen in love with the larger screen size. It's so light that I have no problems throwing it in my bag and carrying it to and from work.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73