Ipad Air owners share here

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
So what is everyone's thoughts ? Is it worth it from a ipad 4 ? How do you like it ? What are your first impressions ?
Go

jmr1015

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
Can't comment on if it is worth it from an iPad 4... But it is a great device to me. Much better than the Nexus 7, which was my last tablet

mfm77

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
I upgraded from an iPad 3 (my bro gets that one!) and absolutely love the Air. The slim profile and featherlight weight - not to mention the speed upgrade - make this a great product. While I had considered the mini w/retina, I am so glad I went with the Air.

Vapor86

Jun 23, 2012
Visit site
I upgraded from an iPad 4 and so far everything seems WAY faster and smoother from typing to just about anything else. And of course the smaller and lighter size is great.

I should note that when I went from an ipad 3 to an ipad 4 (despite it supposedly being faster) the difference was unnoticeable. For someone who uses their iPad everyday, there is now a significant difference which I assume is from the new chip.

anon(27512)

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
So what is everyone's thoughts ? Is it worth it from a ipad 4 ? How do you like it ? What are your first impressions ?
Go

It is worth it if you have an iPad 4, and extra cash. I never, ever thought my iPad 4 was slow. Until I finished setting up my Air and started actually using it. I upgraded from my 4 because I use my iPad all day everyday and take it with me everywhere. The reduced weight and size were important to me because the 4th gen gets super heavy after awhile. The iPad Air is super light and as Jobs would've said, "it screams".

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
It is worth it if you have an iPad 4, and extra cash. I never, ever thought my iPad 4 was slow. Until I finished setting up my Air and started actually using it. I upgraded from my 4 because I use my iPad all day everyday and take it with me everywhere. The reduced weight and size were important to me because the 4th gen gets super heavy after awhile. The iPad Air is super light and as Jobs would've said, "it screams".

Thinking about upgrading not really a money issue as I will sell my 4 but just wondering is it really worth it ..

Eddster

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Picked up mine this morning and I'm so glad I did! This thing is screaming fast and the screen is beautiful. I just love Apple.

lisainsf

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
Got mine tonight....sooooooo much lighter and easier to hold than the 4 and as expected like my 5s very smooth and fast. I am happy with the upgrade

o4liberty

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
Picked mine up yesterday added Zagg folio keyboard case and by far the best tablet to date. Apple did a great job with the air.

BenitoC

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
I am loving my new iPad Air. It is so light that it is very usable lying down. I agree, even with my small hands I can type more easily without splitting the keyboard while in portrait mode. It is so much easier typing that way too because the weight doesn't get tiresome. The speed of the processor is noticeable too especially while typing. I can't imagine anyone being disappointed with this upgrade.

qnet

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
I've owned every Ipad since the first one and this is my favorite. It's easier to type on and hold for reading. It's very fast and I really like IOS7. I've always liked the design of the Ipad mini and am glad Apple adopted the same style for the Air. The only thing I wish it had is a fingerprint scanner like the 5S.

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
Go

Very very pleased with the size and weight. I came from an iPad 4 and I really had no serious complaints with the 4 other than it being a bit heavy after extended periods of use. I used a friends mini for a few days but really disliked the screen size so even with the retina mini around the corner, it didnt matter to me because its still just too small. With Air fixes all of my small complaints from the 4. It's really quite something when you open the box and first pick it up. You know that feeling when you get a new gadget and pick it up, then remember you have to put the battery in knowing that the weight will increase a bit. I felt that was with the Air except the battery (as we all know) is already in it. Apple did a great job.

shief24

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
My air had a browser crash problem and would randomly crash every so often. Exchanged it with no issue so now I'm quite happy.

brijuhaha

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
The only problem i have is with the multi gesture transition animation. When you pinch to get out of the app instead of pressing the home button, the animation is not as smooth as pressing the home button. It makes it seem as it's laggy.

Other than that no problem

MacintoshDan

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Im loving mine, the first thing I noticed when I got it out of the box was, damn, this thing is really light. I cannot believe how much lighter it is then what I had before, and iPad 2, and mine is now even cellular, whereas the 2 was wi-fi only. I also think it is a really good looking device, I have Space Gray with a Red Smart Cover, it looks really cool. The machine is super fast and the screen is beautiful, especially compared to an iPad 2. The only gripe I have is lack of TouchID, because I have become accustomed to it on my 5s, hopefully next year....

bunjy

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
I haven't purchased one (yet), but I had a chance to check it out at the Apple Store today. Needless to say, I was totally impressed. I own an iPad 2 and iPad 4, and the Air Is noticeably thinner and lighter than both. I didn't notice a huge speed increase compared with my 4, but I didn't put it through its paces. If you have an iPad 2 or iPad 3, I would seriously consider an upgrade. If you have an iPad 4, you can probably skip the upgrade, unless you have some extra cash that's burning a hole in your wallet. 😉

ifan1983

Aug 19, 2012
Visit site
I find myself just looking at it in amazement considering how much better everything is compared to my iPad 2. It was definitely worth staying up until 3am to order it!

j_benj

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I upgraded from an iPad 3 and am so glad I did. The weight and size difference is huge for me since I carry my iPad around almost every day. Speed wise it's quite a jump too, though I do still notice some choppy animations but I think that's iOS 7 not being fully optimized yet.

BenitoC

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
I upgraded from an iPad 3 and am so glad I did. The weight and size difference is huge for me since I carry my iPad around almost every day. Speed wise it's quite a jump too, though I do still notice some choppy animations but I think that's iOS 7 not being fully optimized yet.

I used to think that the choppy animations were due to my old iPad 2 not being able to keep up. However, the A7 processor shouldn't have any problem, so it must be that ios7 still is not quite optimized, hopefully iOS 7.1 will fix this.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice