First impressions

Chrysalis1156

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
You guys are killing me. ;) My hubby ordered a 128G iPad Air for me as an early birthday present & it arrives sometime next week (pretty sure he ordered from Apple online & had it engraved hence the extra time - he's far too good to me). I can hardly stand the wait despite being much too old to feel this way. This will be my very first iPad. BlackBerry was my brand of choice until my 9930 died abt 6 months ago & I had to choose between Apple & Android. Ordered an iPhone 5 & wish I'd switched sooner. Guess I'll have to be content with reading your reviews until the FedEx truck pulls down my driveway. Sigh....

MacintoshDan

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
My first impressions were damn this thing is light and also it's really nice looking Space Gray with a red Smart Cover. I cannot get over the new dimensions. It's great.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I caved... bought the 16gb space grey model... but haven’t opened the shrinkwrap yet... already feeling a tinge of buyer's remorse. The 16gb space grey iPad Air is definitely going back to the store. I am still vacillating between a 32gb iPad Air or trying my luck with the retina Mini...

OTACORB

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I picked up an Air, but currently have the original iPad Mini. The Air is thinner and lighter, but it still no iPad Mini. I going to keep this thing for a bit, but I already know I am returning it. Once the iPad Mini has retina that size factor is going to be fantastic. Curling up on the sofa or in bed with the mini is just so much better than the iPad Air and ridiculously more comfortable compared with the other generation iPads.

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I caved... bought the 16gb space grey model... but haven?t opened the shrinkwrap yet... already feeling a tinge of buyer's remorse. The 16gb space grey iPad Air is definitely going back to the store. I am still vacillating between a 32gb iPad Air or trying my luck with the retina Mini...

We are going back today with my husbands 16 gig and swapping for a 32.

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I picked up an Air, but currently have the original iPad Mini. The Air is thinner and lighter, but it still no iPad Mini. I going to keep this thing for a bit, but I already know I am returning it. Once the iPad Mini has retina that size factor is going to be fantastic. Curling up on the sofa or in bed with the mini is just so much better than the iPad Air and ridiculously more comfortable compared with the other generation iPads.

This is exactly what I wondered... How Mini owners would react to the Air. I'm debating this myself. Love the size of my Mini for couch/bed as you describe. There are times the larger screen would be nice though.

raorth

Oct 3, 2012
Visit site
Interesting. Currently have the mini and holding out for the retina version, but am (was?) comtemplating the Air. Found your response interesting.

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I caved... bought the 16gb space grey model... but haven?t opened the shrinkwrap yet... already feeling a tinge of buyer's remorse. The 16gb space grey iPad Air is definitely going back to the store. I am still vacillating between a 32gb iPad Air or trying my luck with the retina Mini...

I say try the air for a week. It's so lightweight. Love it. Don't miss my mini. Yet... Lol

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
Tried out an ipad Air for an hour or so. It's almost there but still not a Mini in use. I can easily wait a few more weeks and compare both. I'm interested as well in seeing the increased screen quality of the retina Mini (vs the Air) or if i can tell a difference.

Most likely we'll have both in the household sooner or later with the holidays approaching so its not that big a deal.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I returned my unopened 16gb Air this afternoon... my intent was to pick up a 32gb model... but no go... out of stock. Tried 3 stores... Walmart, Best Buy and Target... didn’t want to try to navigate the madness that is my local Apple store this afternoon... maybe tomorrow... but still looking forward to the Retina Mini...

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I returned my unopened 16gb Air this afternoon... my intent was to pick up a 32gb model... but no go... out of stock. Tried 3 stores... Walmart, Best Buy and Target... didn?t want to try to navigate the madness that is my local Apple store this afternoon... maybe tomorrow... but still looking forward to the Retina Mini...

I went to apple in new haven this morning at 11:10. Store was jam packed and was only open for 10 minutes.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I went to apple in new haven this morning at 11:10. Store was jam packed and was only open for 10 minutes.

I love the Apple store for stuff like the Genius bar, but it’s truly pure mayhem on weekends... We need another one in our area... there’s one about 10 minutes from my house... there are 4 more around town, but the next closest one is over 45 minutes from here. Grrrrr.

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I love the Apple store for stuff like the Genius bar, but it?s truly pure mayhem on weekends... We need another one in our area... there?s one about 10 minutes from my house... there are 4 more around town, but the next closest one is over 45 minutes from here. Grrrrr.

As busy as it was we were in and out in under a half hour. Really wasn't too bad. Now we both have the 32 gig air

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I love the Apple store for stuff like the Genius bar, but it?s truly pure mayhem on weekends... We need another one in our area... there?s one about 10 minutes from my house... there are 4 more around town, but the next closest one is over 45 minutes from here. Grrrrr.

So you've got 5 apple stores near you and you're complaining? :) I'd kill to be 45 min from an Apple store!!! Even 2 hrs would be nice. As it stands I'm 6 hrs from one! Lol

#firstworldproblems

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
So you've got 5 apple stores near you and you're complaining? :) I'd kill to be 45 min from an Apple store!!! Even 2 hrs would be nice. As it stands I'm 6 hrs from one! Lol

#firstworldproblems

LOL. Guilty as charged. :)

bigdad84

May 17, 2012
Visit site
I love it! I was upgrading from an iPad 3, so I'm blown away by the speed, and how light it is! Also nice, now all my Apple products use Lightening connectors.

Boobie12

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
So far loving it.. Came from a mini and really use my ipad for textbooks during school, so the extra screen space is useful. Love the lightness and just the speed is amazing especially when coming from an a5.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen