Official Waiting in line for an iPad Air Thread!

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I am getting up at 3 to order for same day pick up- I also got confirmation from an apple rep that it will be available. Also going to walk over to walmart in the morning just to see if they have... What size is everyone getting? I am still going back and forth between 16 and 32- I am buying two- one for me one for husband

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I might get up at 0245 EDST and order on for pickup. It's supposed to rain in the Philly area and I don't feel like standing in the rain.
Naw, I live in the area and there is no rain here. Just a light drizzle so you'll be fine.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
There is suppose to be a very short supply of iPad Air and iPad mini retina according to Apple because of sourcing bits and pieces to build them. They have recommended that when they are available to get your then or you might miss out for the holiday season.

Richard Devine

iMore staff
Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
Think I'm gonna hold out for the Retina Mini later this month. As such, don't plan on going out for an Air. That said, I will be swinging by an Apple Reseller at some point and taking a good hard look at one, who knows, it might sway me!

For anyone in the UK: Currys/PC World will begin selling the iPad Air from 8am, online and anywhere they might be opening the doors early.

abaggy

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Currently have an iPad 3 and the wife has an iPad mini. No immediate plans to upgrade either one as they're both meeting the need. However, the iPad mini retina is starting to pique my interest for future travel. So who knows, things may change!?!?!

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Just wanted to say good luck to all those who are planning on lining up early to get the new iPad Air. Hope all of you get the one that you are waiting for. :)

RealNeal

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
OK, I just had a friend call the Apple Store, and he said on-line orders would start at 12:01AM local time (Central), and that if you ordered for in-store pick-up, you had to wait until after 12 Noon to pick it up. Does that seem right??

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
OK, I just had a friend call the Apple Store, and he said on-line orders would start at 12:01AM local time (Central), and that if you ordered for in-store pick-up, you had to wait until after 12 Noon to pick it up. Does that seem right??

I could see this as being true. Making the in store pick up time 12 noon would give Apple employees a chance to clear the lines of people that are going to be waiting outside the store to get one.

stevedee

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
For me, it's not going to be lining up as I have no real opportunity coming up - and I'll be comparing Mini Retina to my Playbook for feel as well as OS feasibility, namely, is iOS 7.xxx enough of a change to draw me over? For me, 7" is the ideal tablet size - and Jobs spoke true - they would never make an 8" tablet - just a 7.9" ;-) But with the slimmer side bezels and overall thinner shape, perhaps the MR will go where my Playbook does - in my jacket and pants pockets. And my BBRY keyboard works with the iPad2 so should work with this beauty as well. Hmmm - maybe I will wait in line when it launches mid-Nov...

RealNeal

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Steve, I got the original iPad mini and I absolutely love the size, weight, quality, etc. I will be getting a Retina Mini the second they go on sale. (I sold my original Mini ;) )

JaenelleMasen

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
I hope all of you brave people in line for an apple have a good night and you receive your iPads tomorrow! I hold on to my ipad 3rd gen and wait until apple releases Touch ID on the ipad. I want touch ID on all of my devices now!!!!

RealNeal

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Don't blame you, Jaenelle, but some of us just can't wait. Plus, Touch ID is not really important to me on a device I use almost exclusively around the house....

JaenelleMasen

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
I am always on the go...my ipad and my iPhone are always with me. Plus I use passwords on almost EVERYTHING! Touch ID will save me so much time without losing all the security.

Sent from my iPad using iMore Forums mobile app

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2