For your new iPad Air will you go naked or case it?

nabans

Banned
Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
On my iPad Mini I have an otter box but I think when I get the iPad Air I might go with the black smart case with a Spigen screen protector.

So what are you planning to do?

Till now, I'm really comfortable without any case for my Air and I'm confident enough that I won't drop it anywhere because that's what we humans are all about. We care our cell phones more than ourselves. Feel free to reply harshly but that's the truth.

Peter Cotton

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Till now, I'm really comfortable without any case for my Air and I'm confident enough that I won't drop it anywhere because that's what we humans are all about. We care our cell phones more than ourselves. Feel free to reply harshly but that's the truth.

Lol, imagine the Otterbox human defender series! A suit to protect you from day to day knocks and scrapes.

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
I picked up the black Smart Case and absolutely love the way it feels in hand on my iPad Air. They improved the case dramatically over the previous version which had those sharp edges that made me crazy.

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
I tried over 10 different cases because I've always had cases for my previous iPads. After the crazy search, I ended up with no case. I have a white carbon fiber type skin on the back and partner up with a few different color smart covers. For me, the skin gives just enough grip and keeps the lightness of the Air. I totally understand I have zero drop protection so will need to be very careful. At home I'm pretty careful and keep it in my purse when traveling.

That looks slick ...

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
Just got the Otterbox defender for the ipad air and great case except the cover that you can put over the screen that comes with it does not turn screen off any more like the same case for past iPads. Very. Disappointing.

You don't find the Otterbox makes your air too bulky? That's my main concern with otter box cases in general.

zanix

Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Lol same here. I was so ready to buy a smart case then that price through me back after purchasing my iPad Air. I still have the plastic on it. Waiting for my screen protector to come in

Where are you getting your screen protector from?

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

Media Warrior

Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
I started with a logitech ultra slim keyboard cover. Day 5 dropped it from waist level when it slipped from my grip. Landed perfectly on corner, bent the aluminum keyboard and corner of the air. Screen exploded. Thank God for Best Buy Total Protection Plan. Had to wait till the 15th day for plan to take effect, then they replaced it.
Did a fix in keyboard case so it is still usable, put the baby into a Survivor blue case and I am still a little testy about how frail the Air is. Coming from BlackBerry product line I had hopes of a tougher build quality.
To quote my father "everybody pays to Learn, stupid people pay more". :biggrin:

gpd129det

Feb 17, 2014
Visit site
Using the Belkin Ultimate Keyboard Case. Will also be buying the iGear Keyboard case that is currently out for the mini. That think looks awesome. It is not due out till March.

iRiidium

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
Using the Belkin Ultimate Keyboard Case. Will also be buying the iGear Keyboard case that is currently out for the mini. That think looks awesome. It is not due out till March.

I had that case and loved its build quality but the bluetooth keyboard would lose its connection and then my iPad couldn't find it. I'm using a logitech keyboard now that just works flawlessly.

Sent from my liberated Titanium iPad Air LTE 

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
I am using the Zagg backlit keyboard case for my Air and a Spigen Tough Armor case for my Mini.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

BigSaintDogs

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site
I have the new Apple leather case on my iPhone and when the iPad Air came out I got the Leather smart case and really like it. In my bag I put it in a padded sleve. I really like the feel of the leather case and it fits very well. I think the apple mobile units are to expensive not to protect in a case of some kind. Good luck

If it's not a Saint it's just a Dog!
iPhone 5S 64G, iPad Air 128G LTE, MacBook Pro 17 2010, Apple TV, iPod Classic 160 G, Time Capsule 2T