For your new iPad Air will you go naked or case it?

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I had ordered both a red and blue Smart Cover, and was going to decide which to keep. The red doesn't want to sit flat (the first crease wants to go up). The blue sits perfectly. But I kinda like the red better. I think I'll return both and get another red and hopefully that one sits flat and flush.

zypuve4u.jpg

Last edited:

mikespad

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
as i intend to bring my ipad air outdoors, including beaches (lucky i live on maui) i will definitely get a case and screen protector; waiting for the otter box defender. supposedly available starting next week.

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
I'm using just a Smart Cover on it. I wanted the smart case but it was a little expensive for my liking. The Smart Cover will be good enough.

RxRex

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site
I just grabbed my 32GB Air yesterday with a black Smart Cover to go with it. I'm hoping this thread spawns some ideas I can use to create a better setup

chazmink

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
I got a Kavaj Cognac brown "Berlin" folio case from Amazon. It is a high quality real leather case that adds very little bulk to the iPad Air. It costs about $30 less than the Apple Smartcase. I couldn't be happier. It also comes in black. Be sure to watch the power bottom and stand videos on their website to learn how to properly "train" the leather. Check it out at www.kavaj.com.

iKev

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
Just an FYI for all those wanting to use a Smart Case or Cover. There are tons of these on eBay for about $15 shipped. No, they're not Apple branded. Yes, they're from China. Yes, they're probably not as robust as the Apple line (though I haven't actually held an Apple one in my hands); but I've had one since I got my Air two days after launch day, and it has thoroughly protected the device, and the "automagical" technology is just as reliable as the Apple Smart Cover.

On top of that, it sits flat on the screen, which seems to be a common complaint with the Apple Cover.

Save yourself about $60! eBay can be your friend!

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
Just an FYI for all those wanting to use a Smart Case or Cover. There are tons of these on eBay for about $15 shipped. No, they're not Apple branded. Yes, they're from China. Yes, they're probably not as robust as the Apple line (though I haven't actually held an Apple one in my hands); but I've had one since I got my Air two days after launch day, and it has thoroughly protected the device, and the "automagical" technology is just as reliable as the Apple Smart Cover.

On top of that, it sits flat on the screen, which seems to be a common complaint with the Apple Cover.

Save yourself about $60! eBay can be your friend!

It is true that you can find similar products on eBay and Amazon. But from my experiences, the quality isn't the same. It's the old adage you get what you pay for. I have gone the cheap route on many occasions for accessories for my Apple products and it doesn't usually bold well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

csal80

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I have a Smart Cover and noticed the other day that the place on the left side in the same spot as the magnetic piece touches the bezel, is all scratched up. Wondering if a piece of metal was stuck to the inside of the magnet and dragged on the edge. Anyone ever notice this before? Kinda disappointed how easily the back on the white nicks but guess I expected that.

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
I went with a blue Smart Cover. So far, really happy with the minimalist if approach, and still no scratches on the back!

I decided to get the leather smart case yesterday. I wanted to make sure that the back was covered. Now it matches my 5S that has the black leather case.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using iMore Forums mobile app

LMZR

Jun 4, 2013
Visit site
I got my iPad Air in Space Grey for school, it came with a case, but i'm not putting it on until School starts.

So for now, my iPad is naked. :)

Jeff0575

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Just got the Otterbox defender for the ipad air and great case except the cover that you can put over the screen that comes with it does not turn screen off any more like the same case for past iPads. Very. Disappointing.

BenitoC

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
No scratches on my iPad Air so far and I've had it since the first day of availability and have been using it with a Smart Cover.

c_hack

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
I've been using the Smartcover for a month and no scratches. I wanted to keep the iPad Air thin and light and the Smartcover fits the bill.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

nhwhazup

Dec 24, 2013
Visit site
I tried over 10 different cases because I've always had cases for my previous iPads. After the crazy search, I ended up with no case. I have a white carbon fiber type skin on the back and partner up with a few different color smart covers. For me, the skin gives just enough grip and keeps the lightness of the Air. I totally understand I have zero drop protection so will need to be very careful. At home I'm pretty careful and keep it in my purse when traveling.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    718.9 KB · Views: 30
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    677.6 KB · Views: 28

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members