All I want for iPad 5 is...

dwayne.williams

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
I like the mini but I'm not in the market for it. I need the full screen. I do a lot of typing on my iPad and I need the extra real estate. I won't be getting the 5. I have decided to wait for the 6. But I'm interested to see what the 5 looks like because I'm sure the 6 will be similar. I'm still on the iPad 2. The only thing that I don't like about the 1 is that it doesn't have the retina display. Other than that I love it. When I get the 6 though, I will be getting the highest capacity available.

richard_rsp

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I would like the iPad 5 to be more of an "iPad Pro". While the Microsoft Surface Pro hasn't really caught on yet, it is gaining momentum (my office - in rural Georgia - started talking about picking them up for the police dept, etc in our region).

The idea of a tablet being able to run the same software as a laptop (in Apple's case, OSX), but with the convenience of a tablet (touchscreen, battery life, portability) is a pretty big desire of mine and (I believe) others. I think this is the direction that the full size iPad should go. The iPad mini has portability on its side, so I think the iPad as a mix of Macbook Air and current iPad would be a win-win for me! :)

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
I would like the iPad 5 to be more of an "iPad Pro". While the Microsoft Surface Pro hasn't really caught on yet, it is gaining momentum (my office - in rural Georgia - started talking about picking them up for the police dept, etc in our region).

The idea of a tablet being able to run the same software as a laptop (in Apple's case, OSX), but with the convenience of a tablet (touchscreen, battery life, portability) is a pretty big desire of mine and (I believe) others. I think this is the direction that the full size iPad should go. The iPad mini has portability on its side, so I think the iPad as a mix of Macbook Air and current iPad would be a win-win for me! :)

A mobile OS such as iOS or android is what makes a tablet a tablet. They were designed for multitouch, to run on ARM processors, etc. When you put a desktop OS on a tablet, it stops being a tablet. You need more power, the battery life suffers, not very multitouch friendly, and the need for a mouse and kb is increased.

twint7787

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone have any idea when the new crop of iPads will come out? I have to buy one for school, literally it is a requirement, but I would really like to wait for the new one. It has also been suggested to me to buy the iPad at Best Buy with the 80 dollar one year warranty now and then if the new one comes out I can break that iPad and return it for the new one. Now before anyone says anything I really don't think I could break any device on purpose but I am curious to know if this is true. I just don't have it in me to break such a beautiful piece of machinery.

RaiderWill

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone have any idea when the new crop of iPads will come out? I buy the iPad at Best Buy with the 80 dollar one year warranty now and then if the new one comes out I can break that iPad and return it for the new one.
Now.. That There is Funny :)

Announcement and Release Date of the iPad 5? : Unknown outside the Gates of Apple. But based on this rendering floating around and case pics leaking about,

Me gut tells me,

An Announcement is Imminent..

iPAD5_zps84747e45.jpg

But in my opinion, this is nothing more than a Photoshop Mockup of what the iPad 5 will look like...

Or is it the real thing??? Hmmm...

Best you get your required supplies for class straight away.. since it's Mandatory..:)

twint7787

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
I know no one knows when the new ipads are going to be released I was looking for what you guys thought was the most likely time that they will be dropping, which I know is pure speculation. When you say spring do you mean early or middle or late. Only asking because my classes start in May so I am thinking luck is not on my side.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I want something amazing in the iPad 5. I want the casing of the iPad Mini/iPhone 5 but with other colors like the 5th gen iPod. I want it to feel unbelievably light like the iPhone 5 does. A faster CPU, GPU and more RAM to make the OS run buttery smooth. I skipped the 4 and with the mini possibly, fingers crossed, getting a retina display it's going to be a tough choice which to go with so they need to ratchet it up to stand above the Mini like a MacBook vs MacBook Pro.

sts1976

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
I would love to see IR integrated on their iPads and iPhones.

Logitech could then release a remote harmony app which would work with all your household devices just like their universal remotes.

Alas apple won't do it... Which is a damn shame.

shaolinfinest

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
I would like the new iPad to have a glass to glass edge finish. like have a top and bottom but less of the sides, just glass. Maybe what I am asking for is impractical to use with day to day use but it would look nice and sleek.

Bekrah

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site
A true 16:9 display would be nice for starters.
When I watch video, I want the footage to take up the FULL screen.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Jerry_

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
- faster CPU (A7)
- more RAM
- less weight, but same size ( defintely a NO to 16:9)
- SD slot
- better camera (front & rear)

Potentially a new approach to keyboard (may require some hardware features changes)

Mella

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
The most I concerned are:
Faster CPU
more RAM
1080p FaceTime cameras

since Apple's iPad event is happening on this October 22nd, now just wait and get credit cards ready. :D