iPad Air won’t send message to android phone

ljhensl82

Mar 24, 2019
Visit site
Why can’t I send a message using my iPad Air to my daughter who uses an android phone ? I have no problem using my iPhone to send her messages.
Someone please answer🤥

kcox52692

Mar 21, 2017
Visit site
If your iPad is linked to your iPhone you should be able to send messages, or as mentioned above, an iPad with a cellular plan. You need a data plan.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
It's been my experience that sending SMS from the iPad only works to iMessenger users, that is other iPhone users.

wenrob

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
It's been my experience that sending SMS from the iPad only works to iMessenger users, that is other iPhone users.

No you can use message forwarding, WiFi calling or number sync with your carrier. Or if you have an iPad with a sim. There’s multiple ways to do it. Pretty much it uses your phone or phone number as a relay system. I text from my iPad with Windows/Android users all the time.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
No you can use message forwarding, WiFi calling or number sync with your carrier. Or if you have an iPad with a sim. There’s multiple ways to do it. Pretty much it uses your phone or phone number as a relay system. I text from my iPad with Windows/Android users all the time.

I probably have something configured wrong, BUT I don't care enough about the feature to work on it. ;)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711