Uneven lighting on one side after dropping

nhoangtck69

Feb 3, 2019
Visit site
Hello everyone,

After dropping my iPad air 2 while it was inside the backpack, on the left side of the screen has uneven backlight, as you can see in the picture. All screen functions are normal, multi touch works well, color still accurate, no crack on screen. Apple service center told me to replace the whole screen, which would cost me a brand new iPad. I don’t think the lcd panel itself has any problem. What do you think about it? How should I repair it? Thank you very much!
03C8D227-E1CB-4482-A3EB-43946E0D218C.jpeg

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
My thought is that Apple is correct, that to fix it you'll need to replace the screen. I suspect that some of the LED lights failed, for whatever reason, when you dropped it; with the only real fix likely being replacing the screen. The one option is, if you feel comfortable, to try to remove the screen yourself -- see if maybe reseating a cable might help. If you try removing the screen, and can't get it fixed, then you could always buy a screen replacement for about and install it (looks like iFixit has the parts for about $170).

nhoangtck69

Feb 3, 2019
Visit site
That’s pretty sad to hear. Here they quoted me almost 300$ for a new screen replacement, and I don’t have enough skill to perform the replacement myself. Love the Air 2 screen, but I don’t really love the “new” iPad screen, so I think I’ll try to live with it for a while :(

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I too love my Air 2 and am sorry that this happened to yours. I guess if it were me, I'd put up with it as long as possible and start saving for a new iPad.