I need advice and to ask a few questions about iPads, any help?

dolores46

Jun 6, 2016
Visit site
I need advice and to ask a few dumb questions about iPads

70 yr old granny here. I have a iMac desktop?the thing is huge. My needs have changed because of health related issues I have to spend a lot of time in bed.
Been looking at the iPad air 2 and the iPad mini.
Heres what I need it for :
1. stream Amazon & Netflix movies
2. download and listen to library audiobooks via Overdrive app.
3. research various subjects on the web
4. once in a while take a picture of my cat
5. It will never leave the house so weight is not a big factor and compared to my iMac everything seems light.

Thats it. I don't have or use cell phones, although I do have my daughters old iPhone without cellular service that I listen to Overdrive library audiobooks on but its not ideal as the sound is pretty bad.

I want to spend as little as possible as I am retired on a fixed income but I also want to get the right thing for my needs
Now when I have bad spells and am in bed a lot I am hauling that big desktop into the bedroom and that has to stop before I kill myself.
I will see what you guys have to say and then ask my dumb questions. thanks

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: I need advice and to ask a few dumb questions about iPads

The iPad Air 2 would be an excellent option for you, in my opinion, and the extra screen real estate would be better for watching shows & movies as well as provide a better experience vision-wise than the iPad Mini.

dolores46

Jun 6, 2016
Visit site

Thats what I am thinking but can I ask how is the sound on the thing? For listening to my audiobooks?I won't have problems with the Overdrive app will I? Its Overdrive for iPhone will it work on an iPad?

rdmartin1

Apr 10, 2016
Visit site

iPhone app will work just fine. Not sure of audio on the air 2. I believe it has two speakers on the bottom so it will depend on how you hold it. That holds true with all iPads except the Pros.

dolores46

Jun 6, 2016
Visit site

Ok thank you I just read a couple of articles online and it seems the sound is not the best…..so will need to look into some small speakers.
Would bluetooth speakers be best or speakers that plug into the iPad?

rdmartin1

Apr 10, 2016
Visit site

I have the Bose soundlink color. I think that would be perfect for your usage.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro