Looking for a Stylus

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Hey there,

I've decided to start taking notes on my iPad Air 2 with the Notability app.

I'm looking for a stylus that's like a pen. Thin, accurate and works well!

I've heard some good and bad stuff about Adonit styluses.

Does anyone have any recommendations on a stylus that works well with Notability and the iPad Air 2?

Thanks!

dieselwind

Nov 15, 2015
Visit site
I've got a fifty-three pencil. It's not bad. Supports pressure and palm rejection. It's not a fine tip, great for notes and sketching. There are a lot of apps out there now thy support it.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I've got a fifty-three pencil. It's not bad. Supports pressure and palm rejection. It's not a fine tip, great for notes and sketching. There are a lot of apps out there now thy support it.

I do like how it looks. I'm afraid it's too big for my liking. Thanks for the input!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Do you personally use the Jot Pro?
Yes, I do, and I've used the Adonit Jot Pro for a couple of years now. In fact, I need to buy a new one since I've recently misplaced my current one somewhere at work.

I'm interested in the Dash or Script but most reviews says the palm rejection is terrible, and that it can be inaccurate.
Although both look terrific, I've never used the Adonit Dash or the Adonit Script.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Yes, I do, and I've used the Adonit Jot Pro for a couple of years now. In fact, I need to buy a new one since I've recently misplaced my current one somewhere at work.

Although both look terrific, I've never used the Adonit Dash or the Adonit Script.

Alrighty, I'll get the Dash just because it has a pixelpoint tip ;)

I'll update you guys with how it goes. Apparently the Dash can't draw a straight diagonal line, it'll result in a wavy curvy line. While the Pro does it just fine.

It had to do with the iPad Air 2 display from what I've heard.

Notability supports palm rejection, and the stylus doesn't. Will palm rejection still work?

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Received the Jot Dash yesterday. Love the design. It's just not as accurate as the Apple Pencil sadly.. Makes taking down notes with pen and paper much faster.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Received the Jot Dash yesterday. Love the design. It's just not as accurate as the Apple Pencil sadly.. Makes taking down notes with pen and paper much faster.

I hear ya.....and as I've stated above, I've never used the Dash, but I am a big fan of the Jot Pro. I've never had any issues with it or its accuracy, especially in regard to note taking. I'm not an artist so I don't know how it is in that regard. In comparison with the Pencil from my perspective, the Jot Pro trumps it because I can use it with any iOS device instead of being limited to the iPad Pro, and since I'm not an artist, there's no real benefit of having a $100 stylus when a darn good $30 stylus can get the job done. Again, that's *my* take on it....:)

Som Kundu

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
2 months down the line, any advise on the Adonit Jot Pro ? Even though I am not an artist, would like to use a good stylus for some rough sketching as well taking down notes - the conventional handwriting way. Is Adonit Jot Pro good for sketching (esp. shading or drawing fine lines of face contour). Any suggestions which would be a good cheap stylus for this purpose ?

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
2 months down the line, any advise on the Adonit Jot Pro ? Even though I am not an artist, would like to use a good stylus for some rough sketching as well taking down notes - the conventional handwriting way. Is Adonit Jot Pro good for sketching (esp. shading or drawing fine lines of face contour). Any suggestions which would be a good cheap stylus for this purpose ?

Not worth it IMO. Terrible and inaccurate.. I was unable to use it.

I ended up getting an iPad Pro. Better off getting an iPad Pro and an Apple Pencil. The Pencil is PERFECT

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Check Check This This Out!

image.jpeg

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods