How to turn off camera sound on iPad Air2?

I

iMore Question

How to turn off camera sound on ipad air2?

I want to turn off my camera shutter sound. That click sound makes me annoy. How shall i do?

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Re: How to turn off camera sound on ipad air2?

Welcome to iMore! To turn off the camera click sound, put your iPad on silent mode by moving by toggling the mute switch on the right side of the device.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

The problem with turning the ring/silent switch off is that you have to do it every time you take a picture. Then turn the switch back on. That would annoy me more than the sound.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

The problem with turning the ring/silent switch off is that you have to do it every time you take a picture. Then turn the switch back on. That would annoy me more than the sound.

Not necessarily. I don't switch mine at all. :)

Wish there was an option in sounds to turn off camera sounds but no...

TechGal

Nov 13, 2017
Visit site

I have found a way to mute the camera shutter sound without having to manually mute all sound on your device each time you take a screenshot or picture!!!

NOTE: The sounds that WILL be muted using this method are: Ringtone, Text Tone, New Mail, Sent Mail, Calendar Alerts, Reminder Alerts, AirDrop, Keyboard Clicks, and Lock Sounds. Personally, this does not affect me because as an iPad user with WiFi only, I do not want nor need to use these features. In my opinion, those sounds are more useful for an iPhone or iPod user. I check my email and calendar everyday, multiple times per day! Therefore, I do not need alerts or reminders. Plus, if you are annoyed by the camera sound, you probably also dislike hearing keyboard clicks and lock sounds. What’s great about this method is that it will not affect the volume of your music, apps and videos. Whereas when you tap the bell/mute icon in the Control Center, it turns off ALL sounds on your device. I hope this method solves your problem....below is how to mute the camera sound on your iPad:

Settings —> Sounds —> Below “Ringers and Alerts,” tap the "Change with Buttons" switch ON (you will know it is on if it is lit up green) —> Slide the volume (directly above the switch) all the way down, if it is not already —> Tap that "Change with Buttons" again, to switch it OFF (you will know it is off if it is grey)

NOW you will be able to adjust the volume, using the up and down buttons on the side of your iPad, for your music, apps, and videos, and will never have to worry about the annoying camera shutter sound.

{If for whatever reason you want to reverse this, and hear all of those annoying sounds again, adjust the volume slider under "Ringtones and Alerts". It will not matter at this point whether the "Change with Buttons" switch is on or off; that will just be up to your personal preference.....If you prefer adjusting the volume of the annoying sounds, (depending on your environment/situation) using the up and down buttons, then keep it ON. But if you want the sounds to be at the same volume all the time, turn it OFF.}

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro