Should I purchase an iPad Air 2?

I

iMore Question

Looking to purchase iPad Air 2...

My concern is, I have an original iPad 64gb w/AT&T access (that I never use). I like to read a lot, I cannot update apps and I used iCloud for over 14,000 photos. Photography is a hobby and while good the original display is not great.
The conundrum, 64gb or 128gb? I know people are saying buy the most you can afford but if I'm not going to use it...
I do not listen to music, play games, watch videos on my iPad. I do use it on my iPhone hot spot when we travel as my laptop, pay bills, email etc.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Looking to purchase iPad Air 2...

Welcome to iMore! I am one of those "get as much as you can afford" kind of guys but you know you're usage better than I do. How much storage are you using on your existing iPad? Chances are you aren't going to use a ton more upgrading to an iPad Air 2. That being said, you've kept your iPad for a really long time. As technology evolves (very quickly) the need for more space increases. 16GB was plenty of storage when I bought my first iPad 2 but I can't get away with less than 64GB today.

TLD1

Retired Moderator
Jul 19, 2008
Visit site
Re: Looking to purchase iPad Air 2...

Welcome to iMore! I am one of those "get as much as you can afford" kind of guys but you know you're usage better than I do. How much storage are you using on your existing iPad? Chances are you aren't going to use a ton more upgrading to an iPad Air 2. That being said, you've kept your iPad for a really long time. As technology evolves (very quickly) the need for more space increases. 16GB was plenty of storage when I bought my first iPad 2 but I can't get away with less than 64GB today.

Ditto. I find that I need more storage on my iPad than I do on my iPhone. Although my current Air 2 is only 16gb...I am seriously considering selling it, and upgrading to at least a 64gb model.

Hot94Z28

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site

I have 64GB on my phone but 16gb on my iPad. Depends on what your usage will be for it.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site

I tend to have more stuff on my iPhone. I have a 128gb on my iPhone and 64gb on my iPad. It depends on your usage, if you have extra cash go and get the best imo. I would wait for the iPad Air 3 for now.

DarthCorvax

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I have a 64GB iPad Air 2 and I'm down to about 15GB free, but I have a Galaxy Note 4 (32/16) and GS7 (32/32), so I don't need a higher capacity iPad. I'm glad I have so much storage on my phones in case the Air 3's storage levels follow the patterns set forth in the Pro line.

shief24

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
If you shoot photos RAW then those files could be 15-20mb. Even my macbook with 128gb gives me storage woes. I habe 20gb of photos saved on my macbook. Id say go with 64gb and youd be fine. sorry for the typos im using my 64gb iPad air 2 that hasnt been fully set up.