Split screen

SquireSCA

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
There is no lag though ... My laptop has 8GB of RAM and right now is lagging more then my iPad Air 2 is with it's 2GB of RAM. All I currently have up is Firefox with iMore tab, Microsoft Edge browser which is my default browser running Google music and Microsoft Word. I am running Firefox because for some reason imore wouldn't load on Microsoft browser. My laptop has an intel i7 4th gen cpu and Nividia 970M gpu so along with the 8GB of RAM I highly doubt this is such demanding.

Whether or not you have an issue with your Windows laptop is sorta irrelevant...

Then why do you use iOS devices... God nobody at Apple is forcing you to buy their devices and they are making so much money they can dictate what they want to do. The new iPad Pro has 4GB of Ram so I guess that device is for you?

On my phone I prefer Safari so I don't really care if they force it upon us

It will likely be my last. I used to own iPhones but left because of lacking features, paltry little screens and dropped calls.

I decided to give the iPad a shot and the Mini 2 Retina with 1GB of RAM was just not working, so I figured I would give this a shot. I only had one return and exchange at the store and I used it to get this one. It's ok if I just use it for really basic stuff, but at this point it is just a glorified eReader, as I have said prior. It's ok for some basic stuff but it won't ever be anything more than a toy for me.

I would only get another Apple product if they tossed true MacOS on a tablet. My issue is less with Apple, and more with iOS and all of the intentional limitations.

SquireSCA

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
I get page reloads all the time. Always have, whether I was on the latest official or public beta release.

It's one of the reasons why I am even on this forum, to seek answers on how to get this thing to run properly, and there really isn't one. it is what it is.

sparksd

May 31, 2015
Visit site
What are the most common tasks that you use it for? Curious...

Primarily consumption - web, email, games, videos (on-board & streaming), photo storage and viewing (some editing), some writing with doc tools, books & magazines, Audible books. I've used about 65GB of on-board storage.

SquireSCA

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
Primarily consumption - web, email, games, videos (on-board & streaming), photo storage and viewing (some editing), some writing with doc tools, books & magazines, Audible books. I've used about 65GB of on-board storage.

Ok, yeah, so basic or what one would classify as "low end" stuff. Not low end in that it isn't important to you... I mean low end in that these are really basic tasks that are not very demanding. Any tablet or PC could handle those items, with ease.

So at that point, the deciding factor is pretty much budget and/or personal preference.

I tend to use my tablets as mini PC's and that is why this device will be my last. It's just not that, it was never meant to be that, and until they get an OS that isn't a limited mobile OS on here, it cannot be made into that.

Android and Windows are better platforms for people what want the capabilities of a PC, but in the form factor of a tablet.

The iPad is just a large iPhone without the phone. It doesn't do anything different, the screen size just makes reading, viewing and working with certain docs, easier...

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Whether or not you have an issue with your Windows laptop is sorta irrelevant...

It will likely be my last. I used to own iPhones but left because of lacking features, paltry little screens and dropped calls.

I decided to give the iPad a shot and the Mini 2 Retina with 1GB of RAM was just not working, so I figured I would give this a shot. I only had one return and exchange at the store and I used it to get this one. It's ok if I just use it for really basic stuff, but at this point it is just a glorified eReader, as I have said prior. It's ok for some basic stuff but it won't ever be anything more than a toy for me.

I would only get another Apple product if they tossed true MacOS on a tablet. My issue is less with Apple, and more with iOS and all of the intentional limitations.

Lol But my laptop is only irrelevant because it goes against your "opinion" .... You say more RAM the better so my Laptop which has 8GB of DDR3 Plus 4GB dedicated to my GPU with a Quad core CPU clocked at 2.5GHZ and can turbo up to 3.5GHZ with one core active should have no lag right? I mean MORE RAM!!!! My laptop is irrelevant as much is Android is. Windows phone is also another platform which isn't resource hungry and doesn't require 4GB in their phones either.

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Please keep your own bias, and your emotions and rhetoric out of the discussion. Thanks.

Please keep your Bias in check because I have no Biased .... If Android offered a phone with a decent battery I wouldn't even gotten an iPhone 6 Plus. I had a Nexus 6 and returned it a day later because it barely survived a day and that was with me turning everything off but the phone itself.

SquireSCA

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
Lol But my laptop is only irrelevant because it goes against your "opinion" .... You say more RAM the better so my Laptop which has 8GB of DDR3 Plus 4GB dedicated to my GPU with a Quad core CPU clocked at 2.5GHZ and can turbo up to 3.5GHZ with one core active should have no lag right? I mean MORE RAM!!!! My laptop is irrelevant as much is Android is. Windows phone is also another platform which isn't resource hungry and doesn't require 4GB in their phones either.

I say that on any given platform, having more RAM is better. Comparing more RAM on one ecosystem to a lesser RAM on another, is irrelevant.

Your argument also makes the assumption that it is the RAM that makes the difference on your laptop. If your laptop is laggy with 8GB doing what you say you do, then it probably isn't the amount of RAM.

One has nothing to do with the other. If you have a crappy laptop, or even a bug or a driver issue, how is that in any way relevant to my iPad Air 2 running out of RAM when browsing and having to keep reloading pages?

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Ok, yeah, so basic or what one would classify as "low end" stuff. Not low end in that it isn't important to you... I mean low end in that these are really basic tasks that are not very demanding. Any tablet or PC could handle those items, with ease.

So at that point, the deciding factor is pretty much budget and/or personal preference.

I tend to use my tablets as mini PC's and that is why this device will be my last. It's just not that, it was never meant to be that, and until they get an OS that isn't a limited mobile OS on here, it cannot be made into that.

Android and Windows are better platforms for people what want the capabilities of a PC, but in the form factor of a tablet.

The iPad is just a large iPhone without the phone. It doesn't do anything different, the screen size just makes reading, viewing and working with certain docs, easier...

LOL the iPad is more then a larger iPhone but I see the Fanboy is in you I see :)

SquireSCA

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
Please keep your Bias in check because I have no Biased .... If Android offered a phone with a decent battery I wouldn't even gotten an iPhone 6 Plus. I had a Nexus 6 and returned it a day later because it barely survived a day and that was with me turning everything off but the phone itself.

Then you were doing something wrong.

I have a Nexus 6. I am a consultant and on conf calls all day, plus texts and all the normal stuff I use a phone for. It is unusual for me to go to bed at night with the battery under 50%. I can be up riding in the mountains all day for a 8 hour ride, using GPS and playing music through my headphones as I ride, and I still come home with half a battery...

The Moto Droid Turbo, gets even better battery life, by far, than anything that Apple has on the table.

The Droid Turbo 2, will be even better.

If you want an iPhone, get an iPhone, I don't care... but to say that other phones don't have better battery life, when they clearly do, is just plain dishonest...

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
I say that on any given platform, having more RAM is better. Comparing more RAM on one ecosystem to a lesser RAM on another, is irrelevant.

Your argument also makes the assumption that it is the RAM that makes the difference on your laptop. If your laptop is laggy with 8GB doing what you say you do, then it probably isn't the amount of RAM.

One has nothing to do with the other. If you have a crappy laptop, or even a bug or a driver issue, how is that in any way relevant to my iPad Air 2 running out of RAM when browsing and having to keep reloading pages?

Lol Crappy laptop? It's far superior then Any Apple device and is a top laptop I spent over $1,500 on. Please show your colors some more please

cd15618235c35252bc60a382ea85890b.jpg

But your answer is more ram is always better thus my laptop should be better? Using your logic it must be true

SquireSCA

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
LOL the iPad is more then a larger iPhone but I see the Fanboy is in you I see :)

Again with the name calling. However, this time I won't take the bait.

How is the iPad not a larger iPhone without the phone?

Same OS, same CPU and memory configuration... same everything, except a larger screen.

Do you dispute that?

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Then you were doing something wrong.

I have a Nexus 6. I am a consultant and on conf calls all day, plus texts and all the normal stuff I use a phone for. It is unusual for me to go to bed at night with the battery under 50%. I can be up riding in the mountains all day for a 8 hour ride, using GPS and playing music through my headphones as I ride, and I still come home with half a battery...

The Moto Droid Turbo, gets even better battery life, by far, than anything that Apple has on the table.

The Droid Turbo 2, will be even better.

If you want an iPhone, get an iPhone, I don't care... but to say that other phones don't have better battery life, when they clearly do, is just plain dishonest...

I had a Motorola Droid Turbo when I was on Verizon and returned that a day later because of poor battery life. The Note 4 was better

The note 4 lasted around a whole day but needed to turn on airplane mode while I wasn't using it and actual usage probably ended up to be around 3 hours. I can easily have 2 full days with my iPhone and can use my phone for around 5-7 hours of mixed usage.

SquireSCA

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
Lol Crappy laptop? It's far superior then Any Apple device and is a top laptop I spent over $1,500 on. Please show your colors some more please

//images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/11/12/cd15618235c35252bc60a382ea85890b.jpg

But your answer is more ram is always better thus my laptop should be better? Using your logic it must be true

I don't care what you spend on it. If it's a new laptop with 8GB or RAM and it is laggy, then it isn't that great, sorry.

You could spend $60k on a car, but if it gets crappy gas mileage and breaks down all the time, I wouldn't refer to it as "superior"... LOL

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Again with the name calling. However, this time I won't take the bait.

How is the iPad not a larger iPhone without the phone?

Same OS, same CPU and memory configuration... same everything, except a larger screen.

Do you dispute that?

Same? So my iPad Air 2 doesn't have 2 gb of ram and the A8x chip? Must be seeing things.

SquireSCA

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
I had a Motorola Droid Turbo when I was on Verizon and returned that a day later because of poor battery life. The Note 4 was better

The note 4 lasted around a whole day but needed to turn on airplane mode while I wasn't using it and actual usage probably ended up to be around 3 hours. I can easily have 2 full days with my iPhone and can use my phone for around 5-7 hours of mixed usage.

I also had a Droid Turbo and the battery life was beyond amazing. Never seen a phone last that long...

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
I don't care what you spend on it. If it's a new laptop with 8GB or RAM and it is laggy, then it isn't that great, sorry.

You could spend $60k on a car, but if it gets crappy gas mileage and breaks down all the time, I wouldn't refer to it as "superior"... LOL

Lol..... Firefox is taking 1gb alone to load imore.....which is why I don't use Firefox. My laptop is guaranteed better then whatever you have probably lol

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods