But what is the truth?

When I back you into a corner with a direct question, you bail. Not the first time. I am polite, direct, I am not calling you names and I am in fact not even returning it when you do it to me. So what's the problem?

Oh well, I guess this will be another unanswered mystery of the universe. ;-)
    I really don't see an iPad Air 2 being a robust work device other than some specialized, dedicated applications (e.g., aviation). Sounds like you need something a Surface Book.
    11-12-2015 06:30 PM
    I really don't see an iPad Air 2 being a robust work device other than some specialized, dedicated applications (e.g., aviation). Sounds like you need something a Surface Book.
    Next one likely will be a surface. It will work better for work, or for interfacing with my GoPro for track videos, hell, I will even be able to plug the surface into my bike's ecu and pull diagnostic codes, flash the ecu, adjust ignition timing and fuel tables, tweak the quick-shifter, etc... All the things I would need a pic or laptop for, but still do every single thing that my iPad does... Best of all worlds.
    11-12-2015 09:50 PM
    Next one likely will be a surface. It will work better for work, or for interfacing with my GoPro for track videos, hell, I will even be able to plug the surface into my bike's ecu and pull diagnostic codes, flash the ecu, adjust ignition timing and fuel tables, tweak the quick-shifter, etc... All the things I would need a pic or laptop for, but still do every single thing that my iPad does... Best of all worlds.
    The Surface is a nice machine and if I were still working (now retired) I would be inclined to look at purchasing one. For what I now need, the Air 2 has been a perfect device but for work purposes I would want something with more horsepower (CPU & memory), a standard file system, and (Heaven forbid) support for a mouse (I work more efficiently with one). I'd also want to be able to have more than 2 apps open, side by side on the screen. So I still have a desktop and a laptop when needed. Good luck with the Surface.
    11-12-2015 11:30 PM
    Squire, if it will be your last iPad and you've already given up on the iPhone, why do you spend so much time at these forums.
    11-14-2015 07:04 AM
    Squire, if it will be your last iPad and you've already given up on the iPhone, why do you spend so much time at these forums.
    Because I still own one, and the 5-10 minutes per day I spend here isn't all that much.
    11-14-2015 08:26 AM
    To OP your best approach is to factory reset the iPad, as there is some service hanging up the tablet. Anyone telling you that more memory is the answer doesn't understand how memory or memory optimization works, if you some how were able to throw more ram into the tablet, it would just consume more of it. Memory leakage happens. And worst part is when they are host services (like in Windows). Hope that kind of helps if it hasn't already been fixed.
    01-10-2016 02:43 AM
56 123