So, my story began when I bought used iPad Air 2 online which was described as Wi-Fi only model (A1566), but as I received it i found out that an iPad has a Cellular model body (SIM-card slot present, black plastic thingey next to the rear camera etc). but it behaved like Wi-Fi only iPad (there were no Cellular settings). I received it with Jailbroken iOS 9.0.2. When I tried to restore it to factory default settings, the iPad stuck with Apple logo. Then when I updated it to the latest iOS version (iOS 9.1 by that time), I found out that the Wi-Fi and Bluetooth is no longer working (Wi-Fi button greyed out). iTunes also recognises it as a Wi-Fi only model. (so weird)

So, I have a couple of questions:
    - how is it possible to force Wi-Fi to work again with or without jailbrake?
    - is it possible toforce iTunes to update the iPad with Cellular version of iOS firmware?
    It just seems that the previous owner did something weird with it but why and how?

Any suggestions and advices with be very appriciated.

Thanks.
    11-07-2015 02:24 PM
    I honestly do not know, but hopefully someone who does will reply soon. In the meantime, try contacting Apple Support for advice and a possible remedy.
    11-07-2015 06:35 PM
    Maybe whip it in to an Apple Store? Sounds strange...
    11-10-2015 04:19 AM
    Maybe the guy, sold you a fake iPad? That's very strange that wifi doesn't work, and strange that it has the cellular antenna spot 🤔 !
    11-11-2015 11:00 PM
    Sounds like a motherboard swap happened IMO .. Def strange wifi Is grey out that could be a hardware issue have you tried a dfu mode restore ?
    11-12-2015 01:38 AM
    So, my story began when I bought used iPad Air 2 online which was described as Wi-Fi only model (A1566), but as I received it i found out that an iPad has a Cellular model body (SIM-card slot present, black plastic thingey next to the rear camera etc). but it behaved like Wi-Fi only iPad (there were no Cellular settings). I received it with Jailbroken iOS 9.0.2. When I tried to restore it to factory default settings, the iPad stuck with Apple logo. Then when I updated it to the latest iOS version (iOS 9.1 by that time), I found out that the Wi-Fi and Bluetooth is no longer working (Wi-Fi button greyed out). iTunes also recognises it as a Wi-Fi only model. (so weird)

So, I have a couple of questions:
    - how is it possible to force Wi-Fi to work again with or without jailbrake?
    - is it possible toforce iTunes to update the iPad with Cellular version of iOS firmware?
    It just seems that the previous owner did something weird with it but why and how?

Any suggestions and advices with be very appriciated.

Thanks.
    This is Ebay? If so i would exhaust any other options then see if you can return the iPad. If the seller had no clue then he would most likely do a return and if not go tell Ebay.
    11-12-2015 01:58 PM