Android user venturing into IOS world...Air 2 or wait for Air 3?

jessmags

Oct 26, 2015
Visit site
Hi there! I am curious, has anyone else gone from Android to IOS (I am currently on the Tab S)? What were some of the frustrations? Differences? Cool stuff?

Also, Should I wait for the Air 3? Or go with the Air 2?

Thanks for the help!

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Biggest differences other then OS change obviously is the aspect ratio going from 16:10 to 4:3. If your primary use for the tablet is media like YouTube, Netflix, hulu or etc the back boxes might annoy you or might not but that's up to you. iOS forces you to use Safari if you open a link from a text or email from the native client.* I find games that were leggy on the Tab S with its superior specs were leggy with the expos octa core cpu and 3 GB of ram while even the original Air never had an issue which has a dual core cpu and 1gb of ram. This has a three core cpu and 2GB of ram. I find apps more optimized for iOS then Android in general. Some apps that work on iOS like the Amex app I found never avaliable or leggy on Android since Amex never made it compatabile with any Samsung tablet.

I would personally get the Air 2 now vs waiting for the Air 3. Yeah the Air 3 will be better but TBH this is powerful enough to last a while considering they will have to factor in the even older models which still has 1GB of ram like the iPad 4 and first Air. If I was a betting man I would say the Air 3 will have the A9x chip which is found in the pro atm or maybe a slightly underclocked one with 2GB of ram. Yeah it's going to be better but not worth the extra wait imo.

*Gmail client will open chrome

SquireSCA

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
Couple issues, from someone who is using both.

1) Screen aspect ratio, as the other guy mentioned. Most HD format is widescreen, so Android lets you use the entire screen for watching video, without cropping. If you watch a lot of movies, this could be a factor.

2) the iPad Air 2 gets insane battery life. I charge it like twice a week and I use it daily. It is that good, and I don't know of anything on the Android side of the tablet world that can touch it.

3) The iPad will have a lot less options than Android. The OS is not much different than it was in 2007. There is no real desktop environment, no widgets or real time data... just an old slab of icons that you can't really customize, that you can manually launch one at a time... If you care about widgets and live email, message, RSS feeds, weather, music, etc... iOS will leave you wanting. It requires you to determine what you want, go find the appropriate app and manually launch them one at a time.

4) There is no user file system. Each app has it's own sandbox. If you want a file to be opened in more than one app, you need more than one copy of that file, one for each app.

5) No simple drag and drop USB functionality. An Advantage of Android is that it is universal, just plug it into a Windows, Linux or MacOS device and it pops up like a thumb drive. Drag and drop all day long, doesn't matter what type of file, no iTunes telling you that you can't transfer that file format, etc...

6) No expanded storage with Apple. You either couple up $100 more for an extra 32GB that cost apple less than $2 to include, or up your data plan and use cloud storage... Many Android devices have MicroSD slots which can be VERY useful for transporting large files, or housing an extensive multimedia library, installing extra apps, etc... Heck, with a $5 OTG cable I can just plug my 3TB external HD in to my phone or tablet and access it just like a PC would...

7) More customization with Android, if that matters to you. There is NONE on Apple devices.

8) Apple puts the absolute minimum amount of RAM into their devices as part of their "planned obsolescence" marketing strategy... I had an iPad Mini 2 Retina and had to return it, the 1GB of RAM, not seen in Android in several years, was completely inadequate. Sluggish, constant page reloads when browsing, it just didn't have enough RAM, and as a result the newer features like split screen and multitasking, wouldn't work on it... so that is how they get you to upgrade...

What the iPad has going for it is:

1) Outstanding battery life, possibly the best. Android rules that part in the phone world, but Apple has it in the tablet
2) Lots of quality apps, although both app markets have more than anyone could ever use, so that's a tie probably
3) Build quality is about as good as it gets.
4) Resale value
5) Lots of accessories...

The cons are above, but namely the limitations that the OS puts on you, no customization...

I am an Android fan, having had several crappy iPhones and leaving Apple several years back. I was very frustrated with my iPad Air 2, until I had to adjust my expectations.

It's a gloried eReader. Good for browsing, basic multimedia, email, some games, etc... It's more for entertainment. If you are a casual user and just want the basics in a solid, quality package, coupled with insanely good battery life, get the iPad.

If you are a power user, you want it to me more of a "PC experience in tablet form", the iPad is a poor choice. Stick with Android or get a MS Surface 3/4 or something that gives you all the standard PC functions, but in a nice portable format.

I like my iPad, but only if I keep it within the narrow context of what it is designed for...

Don't ask yourself what platform you want to own, and then try to figure out how to make your needs and usage patterns conform to that...

Ask yourself what you want to do, today,and in the near future, and let that dictate what platform is best suited to fill that need.

I found that coming from Android back to Apple was hard. You will be giving up a lot, most likely. Doesn't mean that it is the wrong move, but there are sacrifices to be made for that battery life, etc... Android is typically 2 years or so ahead of iOS when it comes to new features. So giving those up can be frustrating, especially when Apple obviously has the money and ability to have them, but they choose not to.

Last edited:

jessmags

Oct 26, 2015
Visit site
Wow! Thanks guys!!! Now I am def reconsidering. I am thinking more along the lines of the Surface! Totally changes my mind on the iPad! I don't need a glorified eReader. I need space and customization's, and to be able to use the tablet as m,ore of a computer. I don't game on it, so to me what I am looking for is NOT the iPad! Whew! Thanks for helping with my decision! :) :) :)

SquireSCA

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
Reconsider, but don't rule it out. The last thing I need is to inadvertently talk you out of an iPad sale and incur the wrath of the Apple fans... yikes. haha

When I say eReader, I mean that it is good for basic stuff. Browsing, email, shopping online. Reading, watching movies(in non-standard 4:3 format), music, games... You can certainly knock out a word doc or a spreadsheet. Even PPT.

But it isn't customizable. There are no real time data feeds or widgets... I like to glance at my device and know what is going on and if anything needs my attention, but not in the format of an alert. An alert is tied to a trigger event typically. An email came on. Someone called. Etc...

But what if I want to see stock prices rolling by, or a news feed updated every 10 minutes in the corner of the screen? Weather? The list is long, and hopefully some day Apple will get on board...

It's a fine device and like I said, quality and battery life are top notch.

List the 5-10 things that you NEED out of your tablet. Just list them.

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Couple issues, from someone who is using both.

1) Screen aspect ratio, as the other guy mentioned. Most HD format is widescreen, so Android lets you use the entire screen for watching video, without cropping. If you watch a lot of movies, this could be a factor.

2) the iPad Air 2 gets insane battery life. I charge it like twice a week and I use it daily. It is that good, and I don't know of anything on the Android side of the tablet world that can touch it.

3) The iPad will have a lot less options than Android. The OS is not much different than it was in 2007. There is no real desktop environment, no widgets or real time data... just an old slab of icons that you can't really customize, that you can manually launch one at a time... If you care about widgets and live email, message, RSS feeds, weather, music, etc... iOS will leave you wanting. It requires you to determine what you want, go find the appropriate app and manually launch them one at a time.

4) There is no user file system. Each app has it's own sandbox. If you want a file to be opened in more than one app, you need more than one copy of that file, one for each app.

5) No simple drag and drop USB functionality. An Advantage of Android is that it is universal, just plug it into a Windows, Linux or MacOS device and it pops up like a thumb drive. Drag and drop all day long, doesn't matter what type of file, no iTunes telling you that you can't transfer that file format, etc...

6) No expanded storage with Apple. You either couple up $100 more for an extra 32GB that cost apple less than $2 to include, or up your data plan and use cloud storage... Many Android devices have MicroSD slots which can be VERY useful for transporting large files, or housing an extensive multimedia library, installing extra apps, etc... Heck, with a $5 OTG cable I can just plug my 3TB external HD in to my phone or tablet and access it just like a PC would...

7) More customization with Android, if that matters to you. There is NONE on Apple devices.

8) Apple puts the absolute minimum amount of RAM into their devices as part of their "planned obsolescence" marketing strategy... I had an iPad Mini 2 Retina and had to return it, the 1GB of RAM, not seen in Android in several years, was completely inadequate. Sluggish, constant page reloads when browsing, it just didn't have enough RAM, and as a result the newer features like split screen and multitasking, wouldn't work on it... so that is how they get you to upgrade...

What the iPad has going for it is:

1) Outstanding battery life, possibly the best. Android rules that part in the phone world, but Apple has it in the tablet
2) Lots of quality apps, although both app markets have more than anyone could ever use, so that's a tie probably
3) Build quality is about as good as it gets.
4) Resale value
5) Lots of accessories...

The cons are above, but namely the limitations that the OS puts on you, no customization...

I am an Android fan, having had several crappy iPhones and leaving Apple several years back. I was very frustrated with my iPad Air 2, until I had to adjust my expectations.

It's a gloried eReader. Good for browsing, basic multimedia, email, some games, etc... It's more for entertainment. If you are a casual user and just want the basics in a solid, quality package, coupled with insanely good battery life, get the iPad.

If you are a power user, you want it to me more of a "PC experience in tablet form", the iPad is a poor choice. Stick with Android or get a MS Surface 3/4 or something that gives you all the standard PC functions, but in a nice portable format.

I like my iPad, but only if I keep it within the narrow context of what it is designed for...

Don't ask yourself what platform you want to own, and then try to figure out how to make your needs and usage patterns conform to that...

Ask yourself what you want to do, today,and in the near future, and let that dictate what platform is best suited to fill that need.

I found that coming from Android back to Apple was hard. You will be giving up a lot, most likely. Doesn't mean that it is the wrong move, but there are sacrifices to be made for that battery life, etc... Android is typically 2 years or so ahead of iOS when it comes to new features. So giving those up can be frustrating, especially when Apple obviously has the money and ability to have them, but they choose not to.

LOL........ The iPad is more then a glorified e reader and if you think that you're just an Android fanboy here for Idk what reason. For the average Joe and seems the majority ( the general public)does agree with me that the iPad is better then any other Android tablet competition or lack thereof. Samsung is the only company to come out with a top end tablet this year and ASUS and others are playing around with budget tablets which aren't exactly competition for Apple since it's a whole different market.

And as far as Android so called being ahead....of what exactly? I've used lollipop on a nexus 6 I had but returned and seen enough of marshmallow to tell you there isn't much ahead of anything. If you like Android and it's widgets it's personal choice but doesn't make it ahead of iOS in anyway. You also don't have to deal with any third party apps that you can't take off without rooting your device that is out on by the manufacturer like Samsung loves to do. Also iOS is just safer to use in general and I'm not even going to include the whole malware thing since I don't think it's an issue on Android as long as you stick with Google play store and Amazon app store. You never actually can fully erase the memory on any Android devi e so if you want to resell your device your stuff could be still on your device should it get into the wrong hands. A factory reset on an iOS device will actually erase it.

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Reconsider, but don't rule it out. The last thing I need is to inadvertently talk you out of an iPad sale and incur the wrath of the Apple fans... yikes. haha

When I say eReader, I mean that it is good for basic stuff. Browsing, email, shopping online. Reading, watching movies(in non-standard 4:3 format), music, games... You can certainly knock out a word doc or a spreadsheet. Even PPT.

But it isn't customizable. There are no real time data feeds or widgets... I like to glance at my device and know what is going on and if anything needs my attention, but not in the format of an alert. An alert is tied to a trigger event typically. An email came on. Someone called. Etc...

But what if I want to see stock prices rolling by, or a news feed updated every 10 minutes in the corner of the screen? Weather? The list is long, and hopefully some day Apple will get on board...

It's a fine device and like I said, quality and battery life are top notch.

List the 5-10 things that you NEED out of your tablet. Just list them.

There is widgets go pull them down if you want them......

SquireSCA

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
LOL........ The iPad is more then a glorified e reader and if you think that you're just an Android fanboy here for Idk what reason. For the average Joe and seems the majority ( the general public)does agree with me that the iPad is better then any other Android tablet competition or lack thereof. Samsung is the only company to come out with a top end tablet this year and ASUS and others are playing around with budget tablets which aren't exactly competition for Apple since it's a whole different market.

And as far as Android so called being ahead....of what exactly? I've used lollipop on a nexus 6 I had but returned and seen enough of marshmallow to tell you there isn't much ahead of anything. If you like Android and it's widgets it's personal choice but doesn't make it ahead of iOS in anyway. You also don't have to deal with any third party apps that you can't take off without rooting your device that is out on by the manufacturer like Samsung loves to do. Also iOS is just safer to use in general and I'm not even going to include the whole malware thing since I don't think it's an issue on Android as long as you stick with Google play store and Amazon app store. You never actually can fully erase the memory on any Android devi e so if you want to resell your device your stuff could be still on your device should it get into the wrong hands. A factory reset on an iOS device will actually erase it.

Yes, by my being calm, objective and rational, I must be the fanboy... Not you, who seems to take great personal offense to any point made against Apple. LOL

Do you really want me to list all the areas where Android is and has been ahead?

Last time you asked for examples, you then spent 7 posts arguing with me about how you refused to read the examples that you asked for. haha

Also, a factory wipe of the Android device does wipe it, unless you leave your MicroSD card in there. No offense, you sound like you had Android, but were a bit of a noob, so there are probably lots of things about it that you don't understand or even know were there.

I will tell you one nice aspect of Marshmallow... Battery life.

I use my phone all day for work, conference calls, etc...

It is rare that I go to bed with less than 60% battery left...

Pointing out the pros and cons of something, which I did for both sides, is about as fair and balanced as I can get. If you only want to focus on the cons and nit-pick those, that's on you, not me...

Last edited:

SquireSCA

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
That's not a widget, that is the Android Notification Panel from 3 years ago, that Apple copied last year. ;-)

Again, I gave her the pros and cons, from someone who currently uses both and has no skin in the game for either side.

I even cautioned her to NOT write off the iPad, but rather to list her top 5-10 tasks to help narrow it down.

Methinks thou protest too much, sir...

SquireSCA

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
Anyway, to the OP, just list out the specifics... your "Must have" items, plus your top "nice to have" items and let's see which of the 3 platforms fits you best?

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Yes, by my being calm, objective and rational, I must be the fanboy... Not you, who seems to take great personal offense to any point made against Apple. LOL

Do you really want me to list all the areas where Android is and has been ahead?

Last time you asked for examples, you then spent 7 posts arguing with me about how you refused to read the examples that you asked for. haha

Also, a factory wipe of the Android device does wipe it, unless you leave your MicroSD card in there. No offense, you sound like you had Android, but were a bit of a noob, so there are probably lots of things about it that you don't understand or even know were there.

I will tell you one nice aspect of Marshmallow... Battery life.

I use my phone all day for work, conference calls, etc...

It is rare that I go to bed with less than 60% battery left...

Pointing out the pros and cons of something, which I did for both sides, is about as fair and balanced as I can get. If you only want to focus on the cons and nit-pick those, that's on you, not me...

You're far from being fair and balanced....you're just an Android fanboy. I'm no Apple fanboy and from my previous experience with Android phones ranging from the Samsung Galaxy S2 to the S4 along with the Note and 4 and nexus 5 and nexus 6 I have vast experience with Android as well.

A noob? Lol as I said you're a fanboy. A factory reset for a fact doesn't do a clean wipe of the storage and that is still the case with no micro SD card and you can Google that yourself

SquireSCA

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
Dude, just let it go. Owning a phone and actually understanding how it works, are two different things... Just some things off the top of my head over the past several years of owning both platforms...

1) For a long time, you couldn't copy and paste between apps
2) For a long time, you couldn't send pictures or video through MMS, you were forced to use email
3) No expandable storage
4) No customization
5) Only in the latest iOS 9 are Apple devices finally able to sorta multitask
6) No widgets or real-time data
7) After years of Android having a nice notification bar, Apple finally copied it last year.
8) Long upgrade cycles, every 12-14 months, limited models typically defined by color or the amount of storage, every other update is an incremental update only
9) Years behind the time on screen size, the iPhone 6+ finally got with the program, and it was a sales hit!
10) Many of their devices come with not enough RAM that slows it down and makes it "incompatible" with some of the new features
11) Proprietary plugs and cables rather than industry standards
12) No ability to use as a standard USB storage device
13) No ability to view alternative video and audio formats... not easily anyway...
14) Heavy reliance on iTunes to do anything, which isn't much
15) Until recently, true HD screens were not on the table
16) Odd-ball screen resolutions limit screen real estate for watching movies
17) No ability to select your default apps, you MUST use the Apple approved apps and then copy and paste links over, etc... Asinine...
18) Plenty of teething issues with Apple Maps
19) No ability to remove and replace a battery, which is nice when you are traveling, or camping, etc...
20) No Back Button. They added a "return to Gmail" or whatever button, but it is not the same as being able to back up, no matter what screen you are on
21) No seamless integration with the majority of Google services, which is pretty much what the world runs on.
22) Lack of hardware choices... Android provides different makers, form factors, price points, styles, different features, rugged phones, etc...
23) Apple finally got 4k video 2 years after everyone else

If I sat here and really thought about it, or used Google, I could double or triple that list.

So, to answer your question of "how is Android ahead", there you go, that's a good start...

To which you will call me a fanboi, and claim that none of those things matter to you, disregarding the fact that they are absolutely true...

And then I will tell you to enjoy your iPhone and STFU and let us get back on topic and answer this woman's request for advice?

So can we do that, please?

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Hi there! I am curious, has anyone else gone from Android to IOS (I am currently on the Tab S)? What were some of the frustrations? Differences? Cool stuff?

Also, Should I wait for the Air 3? Or go with the Air 2?

Thanks for the help!

Welcome to iMore! The biggest difference to many users between Android and iOS is ease of use versus customization. If you like your stuff to just work without messing with it a whole lot you may find iOS to be a more attractive solution. If you like to tinker and customize, Android might just be a better ecosystem for you. I switched over from Android when the iPhone 4 came out and haven't looked back, but that's just me.

To answer your questions about waiting for the iPad Air 3, that's a tough question to answer considering the only specs we've seen so far are simply rumors. The Air 2 is plenty powerful enough for the vast majority of users and I think you'd be happy with its performance.

SquireSCA

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
Welcome to iMore! The biggest difference to many users between Android and iOS is ease of use versus customization. If you like your stuff to just work without messing with it a whole lot you may find iOS to be a more attractive solution. If you like to tinker and customize, Android might just be a better ecosystem for you. I switched over from Android when the iPhone 4 came out and haven't looked back, but that's just me.

To answer your questions about waiting for the iPad Air 3, that's a tough question to answer considering the only specs we've seen so far are simply rumors. The Air 2 is plenty powerful enough for the vast majority of users and I think you'd be happy with its performance.

That is true only to a point. It "just works" if you stick within a narrower scope of what you do with it. I keep finding things that are actually a lot less intuitive and convoluted than they are on either Android or Windows, usually involving getting some app to solve a functionality gap of the OS, and workarounds... It is rarely just a "click and it's done" affair...

eg. I want to carry larger documents on the tablet, but iTunes won't easily let me put them there, and even once I get them there, I have to use some 3rd party app to locate the large PDF because there is no user file system... so once I find it with that app, I click on the PDF to open it, and it only lets me use the default app, which tries and fails and tells me that it can only open files up to 50mb in size... so then it finally allows me to use one of my installed apps which I can then pick from a list and open it up... But it isn't smart enough to remember, so every time I have to open the file manager emulator app to locate it, try to open it with the default app, let it fail, so that I can then open it with the 3rd app.

That's just silly to have to do that in 2015...

Or I have Google Drive, and I have a large .ZIP file from work... I cannot easily just save it to the desktop and unzip it and access the files inside... It is a major PITA to do this, whereas it is literally 1 click on any other platform...

On Android, you save the file, you click it and it opens it and you access what is inside, no muss, no fuss, and it remembers the preference next time.

This isn't Apple bashing! It is what it is, and it is that way by design because Apple wants you to use your device the way THEY want you to, so they do it in a proprietary way to push you towards their app store, their cloud services, etc...

These are all important things when considering "what product is right for me" type requests, as the OP has done... but it is hard to do that on a fan site because any negatives that are common knowledge, are immediately attacked by people feeling that they need to "defend their brand" like it is their sports team or their sister's virtue... LOL

It's a tablet, lets not take ourselves too seriously, right? :)

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
You're far from being fair and balanced....you're just an Android fanboy. I'm no Apple fanboy and from my previous experience with Android phones ranging from the Samsung Galaxy S2 to the S4 along with the Note and 4 and nexus 5 and nexus 6 I have vast experience with Android as well.

A noob? Lol as I said you're a fanboy. A factory reset for a fact doesn't do a clean wipe of the storage and that is still the case with no micro SD card and you can Google that yourself

Let's stay on topic and be respectful, please.

SquireSCA

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
There are two people in here taking things too seriously and neither of them are me. I'm replying with my experience and trying to help the OP. Both ecosystems have their ups and downs.
Let's stay on topic here guys.

Agreed on the getting on topic. I thought that I was giving both pros and cons to both sides... giving apple the nod with quality and battery life, and Android the nod in some of the functionality areas...

Why that would pose a problem or offend that guy, is beyond me...

But those are valid of examples of things that you think would "just work", that don't really. I was very frustrated over those things...

jessmags

Oct 26, 2015
Visit site
Agreed on the getting on topic. I thought that I was giving both pros and cons to both sides... giving apple the nod with quality and battery life, and Android the nod in some of the functionality areas...

Why that would pose a problem or offend that guy, is beyond me...

But those are valid of examples of things that you think would "just work", that don't really. I was very frustrated over those things...

I thought you answered my question perfectly!!! I LOVE being able to customize my home screen, and just take a glance at it and know what the weather is without actually having to go outside or into an app to find that information. I am thinking that I def will stay with Android. My preference would be with the ability to customize, and after playing at Best Buy on my lunch hour, I think it drive me BATTY to not have a back button! LOL It's the little things that matter to me that I didn't really get until you made some great points! I do love to tinker with my tablets! Sadly, it doesn't seem like Apple offers that.

THANK YOU SquireSCA! You answered my question fairly and I appreciate it :)

SquireSCA

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
I think that these are good conversations to have, frankly...

When one is considering going over to the other side and gonna drop hundreds of dollars on something, you sorta want real world info on what to expect. The platforms are quite different in some areas, and I would want to hear the good, the bad and the ugly before dropping almost $600 on something. I can't make an informed decision if some Apple fanboy that doesn't know anything else just says it is awesome, any more than I can from the Android fanboy just telling me that anything Apple sucks, you know?

I want to hear what it is good at, and I want to know where I may have to make some concessions.

The biggest question I have from the OP, is if you are in the Android ecosystem, what is motivating you to change? Why are you even considering leaving? Is it just out of curiosity? Did you see something that you liked? Or are you just testing the waters to see if it is a viable option?

In the end, your reasons are your own, but since you asked for specifics... coming from Android to iOS, I feel that what I am posting is perfectly relevant. You nor anybody else has to agree with it, it's just what I have experienced over the years from having dozens of windows and Linux boxes, several iPhones and 2 iPads, and a dozen Android phones and tablets... I have sampled and used quite a bit over the years, so I don't think that my opinions are just out of some brand loyalty, as I really don't have any...

I am a motorcycle nut, and while I really like Ducati and Triumphs, I have owned just as many other brands that are NOT Ducati and Triumph,,, my current bike being a common Suzuki GSX-R750... Why? Because this time around the price and purpose(street and race track) said this was the best bang for the buck...

I have never been loyal to any brand... Doesn't matter if it is phones, computers, tablets, bikes, guns, etc... My purchases are all over the map... haha

jessmags

Oct 26, 2015
Visit site
For some reason my earlier reply did not post, anyway...My motivation for going to IOS is that my employer allows us to work while traveling using an iPad instead of a laptop, or Windows Tablet. I noticed that a lot of co workers are using the iPad, and was wanting to try it out to see if I liked it :)

jessmags

Oct 26, 2015
Visit site
I think that these are good conversations to have, frankly...

When one is considering going over to the other side and gonna drop hundreds of dollars on something, you sorta want real world info on what to expect. The platforms are quite different in some areas, and I would want to hear the good, the bad and the ugly before dropping almost $600 on something. I can't make an informed decision if some Apple fanboy that doesn't know anything else just says it is awesome, any more than I can from the Android fanboy just telling me that anything Apple sucks, you know?

I want to hear what it is good at, and I want to know where I may have to make some concessions.

The biggest question I have from the OP, is if you are in the Android ecosystem, what is motivating you to change? Why are you even considering leaving? Is it just out of curiosity? Did you see something that you liked? Or are you just testing the waters to see if it is a viable option?

In the end, your reasons are your own, but since you asked for specifics... coming from Android to iOS, I feel that what I am posting is perfectly relevant. You nor anybody else has to agree with it, it's just what I have experienced over the years from having dozens of windows and Linux boxes, several iPhones and 2 iPads, and a dozen Android phones and tablets... I have sampled and used quite a bit over the years, so I don't think that my opinions are just out of some brand loyalty, as I really don't have any...

I am a motorcycle nut, and while I really like Ducati and Triumphs, I have owned just as many other brands that are NOT Ducati and Triumph,,, my current bike being a common Suzuki GSX-R750... Why? Because this time around the price and purpose(street and race track) said this was the best bang for the buck...

I have never been loyal to any brand... Doesn't matter if it is phones, computers, tablets, bikes, guns, etc... My purchases are all over the map... haha

And thanks again for all your advice!!! I think I am going to wait it out...I just love being able o customize. Maybe I will go to the Windows store and play around this week :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh