My overall thoughts on my iPad Air 2 after a year owning it

Nov 10, 2015
Visit site
I have the Air 2 also and think it's a terrific tablet. iOS 9 has brought some bluetooth problems, however.
I also got the iPad Mini 4 and have found it to be just a terrific tablet. Apple barely mentioned it at the big reveal conference, but the Mini 4 is easily one of the best tablets I've ever owned--and that's a lot tablets. Had the iPad Pro and thought it was a really nice machine, but had some lag issues and really never saw it as anything more than a larger iPad...which then didn't justify the price. Sent it back.

mbrgs

Dec 18, 2015
Visit site
I've had the Air 2 for a year as well. I stopped using my laptop regularly and it became my go-to device. I like the size of the Air and I am not too hyped with the Pro. What will entice me to upgrade is an Air 3 with the features of the Pro (Apple Pencil support).

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Had my Air 2 for half a year now, still smooth and works like a charm. Love how thin and portable it is. Looking forward to Apple announcing the Air 3 :)

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Had my Air 2 for half a year now, still smooth and works like a charm. Love how thin and portable it is. Looking forward to Apple announcing the Air 3 :)

I'm probably going to keep my Air 2 until they offer a tablet with an OLED screen. I am happy with this tablet but the one thing I dislike is the LCD display. Don't get me wrong I love the screen but I dislike how the back light makes the screen to bright whenever I am watching a movie and it's a really dark scene.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I'm probably going to keep my Air 2 until they offer a tablet with an OLED screen. I am happy with this tablet but the one thing I dislike is the LCD display. Don't get me wrong I love the screen but I dislike how the back light makes the screen to bright whenever I am watching a movie and it's a really dark scene.

Looking forward towards Air 3, apparently it's gonna have 4K display.

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Looking forward towards Air 3, apparently it's gonna have 4K display.

Personally I couldn't care less about 4k. Highly doubt that it considering the device would need to get thicker to have a battery that would support it and also last about 10 hours. It would go against what Apple has been doing with the 9.7 inch display line

TLD1

Retired Moderator
Jul 19, 2008
Visit site
I've had my Air 2 since launch...and it's pretty much my go-to for everything and has my poor MacBook Pro all but collecting dust. I kinda wanted the iPad Pro, but after messing with a friends, I wasn't nearly as impressed as I thought I'd be. My Air 2 is a lot smoother & faster than the Pro, and it's size is perfect as far as reading text easily & portability goes. Unless the Air 3 is completely mind blowing...I have no problem hanging onto my Air 2 for another year. My only complaint is battery life...but isn't that everybody's complaint with modern devices?

Channan

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
I've had my Air 2 since launch...and it's pretty much my go-to for everything and has my poor MacBook Pro all but collecting dust. I kinda wanted the iPad Pro, but after messing with a friends, I wasn't nearly as impressed as I thought I'd be. My Air 2 is a lot smoother & faster than the Pro, and it's size is perfect as far as reading text easily & portability goes. Unless the Air 3 is completely mind blowing...I have no problem hanging onto my Air 2 for another year. My only complaint is battery life...but isn't that everybody's complaint with modern devices?

Wait, what? Battery life is seriously a complaint for you? Are you not getting 10 hours or is 10 hours not enough for you? With my usage, my iPad Air 2 lasts about 12-13 hours on a charge. Since I charge it every day, it's never died on me before. Battery life is one of the biggest reasons I use my iPad over my MacBook Pro for the majority of the time.

I also wouldn't plan on upgrading to the iPad Air 3 when it comes out, except I went cheap and got the 16GB iPad Air 2 and I'd like more storage now. I can manage with 16GB, but I do have to clear my pictures (which I can view any time with Google Photos) and music cache (also stored with Google on Play Music All Access) once or twice a month. If I went with the 64GB model with this device, I honestly couldn't see myself upgrading until either 2017 or 2018. The iPad Air 2 is fantastic.

TLD1

Retired Moderator
Jul 19, 2008
Visit site
Wait, what? Battery life is seriously a complaint for you? Are you not getting 10 hours or is 10 hours not enough for you? With my usage, my iPad Air 2 lasts about 12-13 hours on a charge. Since I charge it every day, it's never died on me before. Battery life is one of the biggest reasons I use my iPad over my MacBook Pro for the majority of the time.

I also wouldn't plan on upgrading to the iPad Air 3 when it comes out, except I went cheap and got the 16GB iPad Air 2 and I'd like more storage now. I can manage with 16GB, but I do have to clear my pictures (which I can view any time with Google Photos) and music cache (also stored with Google on Play Music All Access) once or twice a month. If I went with the 64GB model with this device, I honestly couldn't see myself upgrading until either 2017 or 2018. The iPad Air 2 is fantastic.

Wow...I feel like such an dummy wanting for more battery life now! I wish I had your "usage"". :rolleyes:

boltz82

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
I have wanted a iPad Air 2 for some time but always invested my funds elsewhere, such as life stuff. I figure now, a year later, of maybe picking one up on some other auction site.

TLD1

Retired Moderator
Jul 19, 2008
Visit site
I have wanted a iPad Air 2 for some time but always invested my funds elsewhere, such as life stuff. I figure now, a year later, of maybe picking one up on some other auction site.

There are a lot to "deals" out there that will allow you to snag an Air 2 for cheap, from Best Buy & places like Simply Mac (official Apple resellers). I'd try that before I'd chance an auction buy.

And, check your local Craigslist. Maybe someone got one for Christmas they don't need & you can buy one brand new in-box. :)

SquireSCA

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
There are a lot to "deals" out there that will allow you to snag an Air 2 for cheap, from Best Buy & places like Simply Mac (official Apple resellers). I'd try that before I'd chance an auction buy.

And, check your local Craigslist. Maybe someone got one for Christmas they don't need & you can buy one brand new in-box. :)

Actually, I have been contemplating selling mine and going back to Android or a windows tablet...

Mine is a year old, 64gb wifi model. Meticulously cared for, no scratches or dings at all, always kept in a case, etc...

What are these things worth these days?

boltz82

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
Actually, I have been contemplating selling mine and going back to Android or a windows tablet...

Mine is a year old, 64gb wifi model. Meticulously cared for, no scratches or dings at all, always kept in a case, etc...

What are these things worth these days?

I would be interested depending on your cost.

SquireSCA

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
I have to look around and see if I have the original box and all that stuff. If so and I decide to sell it, I will take this offline and PM you...

lkveggie

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
I have an iPad Air currently and I absolutely love it but am considering upgrading to the Air 2. So it's good to know it's such a great device!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro