When you just call names and say this sucks, etc... It's the argument that a child would make. Obviously, Apple is "your team" in the same way that many people create emotional attachments to a sports team. When the team wins, they "win"... if you point out the flaw in the team, it's seen as a personal attack against them by proxy.

There are lots of psychiatric studies on this, go read some of them, they are both entertaining and enlightening.

Back to the topic... I think that the tablets served a good purpose when they first came out, because at that time, phones were so small. It wasn't practical to read or play games or edit a spreadsheet on a 3.5" phone screen...

So the tablets have a single, but significant benefit. Screen real estate. Tasks that were hard to do on the phone, were easier on the larger screen. But they were not PC's(either a Mac or Windows) platform, so they didn't really do anything DIFFERENT. Meaning, there are no extra capabilities in the tablets, that were not already on the phones. Again, only difference is screen size.

Enter Windows tablets, and now you have all the portability and convenience of the tablet, but the power and flexibility of the laptop...

The Apple and Android tablets, don't offer that. They are in essence, just large phones, with or without the ability to make calls.

It's not a lie because you don't like it or understand it. It is what it is.

I for one was hoping that the iPad Pro was going to have a version of Mac OS on it. Just making it a little faster and adding a larger screen, but still being not much more than a larger version of a giant version of the iPhone... Just doesn't impress me. It's still running watered down mobile apps, the UI looks horrible on a screen that large because it still uses the same layout and grid structure as the iPhone 4... Now you just get icons the size of a ritz cracker... LOL

Anyway, relax, no need to get all worked up and fiesty over it...

I still have my iPad... I thought it made sense at the time, but if I could do it over again I wouldn't get one. I wouldn't get an Android tablet either. I would get a Surface type tablet... even if they cost a couple bucks more, you are getting an actual computer, in a tablet form factor... Best of all worlds...
    Best of what world's? Windows is terrible on anything not called a surface in the tablet world and $1,000 for a serviceable one? Meh I can practically do the same things on my $830 iPad air and I have LTE on it as well. Windows takes at least 35gb of space or close to it so the base model is pretty much useless. You can do word documents and everything else on an iPad that you can do on a laptop if your looking for a tablet for basic productivity like word, Excel and etc
    12-15-2015 01:18 PM
    Best of what world's? Windows is terrible on anything not called a surface in the tablet world and $1,000 for a serviceable one? Meh I can practically do the same things on my $830 iPad air and I have LTE on it as well. Windows takes at least 35gb of space or close to it so the base model is pretty much useless. You can do word documents and everything else on an iPad that you can do on a laptop if your looking for a tablet for basic productivity like word, Excel and etc
    1) You are complaining about cost with an $830 iPad? The cost different at that point, is negligible.

2) The advantage of the Surface is that you can run REAL productivity apps, not mobile versions... You can run true Photoshop and Illustrator... You can add storage and not have to worry about having Wifi or a data plan to access files. Much easier to jump onto a network that has shared drives and drag and drop files and not have to rely on iTunes or 3rd party apps to move files around. You can set all your app preferences...

The list goes on.

If we are talking about a $500 iPad versus a $1000 Surface, sure, make some concessions and save some money... But if you can afford an $830 iPad, you can afford a $900 surface...

The two items are in different leagues. One is a true computer, the other is a giant mobile device...
    12-15-2015 01:23 PM
    1) You are complaining about cost with an $830 iPad? The cost different at that point, is negligible.

2) The advantage of the Surface is that you can run REAL productivity apps, not mobile versions... You can run true Photoshop and Illustrator... You can add storage and not have to worry about having Wifi or a data plan to access files. Much easier to jump onto a network that has shared drives and drag and drop files and not have to rely on iTunes or 3rd party apps to move files around. You can set all your app preferences...

The list goes on.

If we are talking about a $500 iPad versus a $1000 Surface, sure, make some concessions and save some money... But if you can afford an $830 iPad, you can afford a $900 surface...

The two items are in different leagues. One is a true computer, the other is a giant mobile device...

Actually the version that's most reasonable is the $999 one since the $899 surface 4 has an Intel M3 cpu in it.

And as I stated no LTE. You wanna leave LTE out then fine but $699 is still cheaper then $999

Also who uses iTunes? I haven't even plugged my iPhone or iPad into my laptop at all.

Oh and guess what you can easily use a laptop if you want to use Windows..... Portable enough and I rather have a conventional laptop over touchscreens with Windows any day of the week.

BTW I have no issue spending $1,000 since the laptop I bought is $1,500 at the time and has an Intel i7 and a nvidia 970m inside....
    MasterDarque likes this.
    12-15-2015 01:29 PM
    Are we done yet? You've both given your thoughts regarding the thread topic so let's move on. Thanks.
    TLD1 and muchospanish like this.
    12-15-2015 01:35 PM
    I just bought one in November 128 GB for $125 off BB Black Friday special. It is really fantastic. I find the Pro just a bit large for me and not worth the extra $400. But that is just my opinion.
    12-16-2015 03:47 PM
    I have the Air 2 also and think it's a terrific tablet. iOS 9 has brought some bluetooth problems, however.
    I also got the iPad Mini 4 and have found it to be just a terrific tablet. Apple barely mentioned it at the big reveal conference, but the Mini 4 is easily one of the best tablets I've ever owned--and that's a lot tablets. Had the iPad Pro and thought it was a really nice machine, but had some lag issues and really never saw it as anything more than a larger iPad...which then didn't justify the price. Sent it back.
    SquireSCA likes this.
    12-17-2015 11:44 AM
    I've had the Air 2 for a year as well. I stopped using my laptop regularly and it became my go-to device. I like the size of the Air and I am not too hyped with the Pro. What will entice me to upgrade is an Air 3 with the features of the Pro (Apple Pencil support).
    Closingracer likes this.
    12-18-2015 06:03 AM
    I just picked up a 64 gig air 2 along with a targus keyboard. I'm very satisfied with this device.
    Closingracer likes this.
    12-19-2015 09:30 AM
    Had my Air 2 for half a year now, still smooth and works like a charm. Love how thin and portable it is. Looking forward to Apple announcing the Air 3
    Closingracer likes this.
    12-23-2015 06:26 PM
    Had my Air 2 for half a year now, still smooth and works like a charm. Love how thin and portable it is. Looking forward to Apple announcing the Air 3
    I'm probably going to keep my Air 2 until they offer a tablet with an OLED screen. I am happy with this tablet but the one thing I dislike is the LCD display. Don't get me wrong I love the screen but I dislike how the back light makes the screen to bright whenever I am watching a movie and it's a really dark scene.
    12-24-2015 09:37 PM
    I'm probably going to keep my Air 2 until they offer a tablet with an OLED screen. I am happy with this tablet but the one thing I dislike is the LCD display. Don't get me wrong I love the screen but I dislike how the back light makes the screen to bright whenever I am watching a movie and it's a really dark scene.
    Looking forward towards Air 3, apparently it's gonna have 4K display.
    12-24-2015 09:45 PM
    Looking forward towards Air 3, apparently it's gonna have 4K display.

Personally I couldn't care less about 4k. Highly doubt that it considering the device would need to get thicker to have a battery that would support it and also last about 10 hours. It would go against what Apple has been doing with the 9.7 inch display line
    12-24-2015 09:47 PM
    I've had my Air 2 since launch...and it's pretty much my go-to for everything and has my poor MacBook Pro all but collecting dust. I kinda wanted the iPad Pro, but after messing with a friends, I wasn't nearly as impressed as I thought I'd be. My Air 2 is a lot smoother & faster than the Pro, and it's size is perfect as far as reading text easily & portability goes. Unless the Air 3 is completely mind blowing...I have no problem hanging onto my Air 2 for another year. My only complaint is battery life...but isn't that everybody's complaint with modern devices?
    12-27-2015 11:48 PM
    I've had my Air 2 since launch...and it's pretty much my go-to for everything and has my poor MacBook Pro all but collecting dust. I kinda wanted the iPad Pro, but after messing with a friends, I wasn't nearly as impressed as I thought I'd be. My Air 2 is a lot smoother & faster than the Pro, and it's size is perfect as far as reading text easily & portability goes. Unless the Air 3 is completely mind blowing...I have no problem hanging onto my Air 2 for another year. My only complaint is battery life...but isn't that everybody's complaint with modern devices?
    Wait, what? Battery life is seriously a complaint for you? Are you not getting 10 hours or is 10 hours not enough for you? With my usage, my iPad Air 2 lasts about 12-13 hours on a charge. Since I charge it every day, it's never died on me before. Battery life is one of the biggest reasons I use my iPad over my MacBook Pro for the majority of the time.

I also wouldn't plan on upgrading to the iPad Air 3 when it comes out, except I went cheap and got the 16GB iPad Air 2 and I'd like more storage now. I can manage with 16GB, but I do have to clear my pictures (which I can view any time with Google Photos) and music cache (also stored with Google on Play Music All Access) once or twice a month. If I went with the 64GB model with this device, I honestly couldn't see myself upgrading until either 2017 or 2018. The iPad Air 2 is fantastic.
    12-28-2015 12:49 AM
    So far I love it!
    12-28-2015 04:35 PM
    Wait, what? Battery life is seriously a complaint for you? Are you not getting 10 hours or is 10 hours not enough for you? With my usage, my iPad Air 2 lasts about 12-13 hours on a charge. Since I charge it every day, it's never died on me before. Battery life is one of the biggest reasons I use my iPad over my MacBook Pro for the majority of the time.

I also wouldn't plan on upgrading to the iPad Air 3 when it comes out, except I went cheap and got the 16GB iPad Air 2 and I'd like more storage now. I can manage with 16GB, but I do have to clear my pictures (which I can view any time with Google Photos) and music cache (also stored with Google on Play Music All Access) once or twice a month. If I went with the 64GB model with this device, I honestly couldn't see myself upgrading until either 2017 or 2018. The iPad Air 2 is fantastic.
    Wow...I feel like such an dummy wanting for more battery life now! I wish I had your "usage"".
    12-28-2015 07:56 PM
    Wow...I feel like such an dummy wanting for more battery life now! I wish I had your "usage"".
    Are you not getting 10 hours or is 10 hours not enough for you?
    My bad for trying to contribute my own positive experience with the iPad's battery life after asking about your iPad's battery life.
    12-28-2015 10:27 PM
    I have wanted a iPad Air 2 for some time but always invested my funds elsewhere, such as life stuff. I figure now, a year later, of maybe picking one up on some other auction site.
    01-03-2016 08:08 AM
    I have wanted a iPad Air 2 for some time but always invested my funds elsewhere, such as life stuff. I figure now, a year later, of maybe picking one up on some other auction site.
    There are a lot to "deals" out there that will allow you to snag an Air 2 for cheap, from Best Buy & places like Simply Mac (official Apple resellers). I'd try that before I'd chance an auction buy.

And, check your local Craigslist. Maybe someone got one for Christmas they don't need & you can buy one brand new in-box.
    01-03-2016 11:25 AM
    There are a lot to "deals" out there that will allow you to snag an Air 2 for cheap, from Best Buy & places like Simply Mac (official Apple resellers). I'd try that before I'd chance an auction buy.

And, check your local Craigslist. Maybe someone got one for Christmas they don't need & you can buy one brand new in-box.
    Actually, I have been contemplating selling mine and going back to Android or a windows tablet...

Mine is a year old, 64gb wifi model. Meticulously cared for, no scratches or dings at all, always kept in a case, etc...

What are these things worth these days?
    01-03-2016 11:41 AM
    Actually, I have been contemplating selling mine and going back to Android or a windows tablet...

Mine is a year old, 64gb wifi model. Meticulously cared for, no scratches or dings at all, always kept in a case, etc...

What are these things worth these days?
    I would be interested depending on your cost.
    01-04-2016 01:48 AM
    I have to look around and see if I have the original box and all that stuff. If so and I decide to sell it, I will take this offline and PM you...
    01-04-2016 02:20 PM
    I have an iPad Air currently and I absolutely love it but am considering upgrading to the Air 2. So it's good to know it's such a great device!
    01-08-2016 04:44 PM
    I have an iPad Air currently and I absolutely love it but am considering upgrading to the Air 2. So it's good to know it's such a great device!
    Wait for the iPad Air 3, it's coming out this March
    02-01-2016 06:34 AM
    couldnt wait for air 3, Ended up getting mini.4.
    muchospanish and Channan like this.
    02-01-2016 08:40 AM
102 ... 2345