What should I use my new iPad for ?

youssef elkashef

Sep 1, 2015
Visit site
I have got an iPad Air 2 and I don't know what to do with it , I already watch movies and series, read books and browsing. But in the same time I want to get the best thing the iPad can do.

So, can anyone here suggest what should I use my iPad for.

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
I use mine as follows:

In the morning while drinking coffee in bed (hehe) I use it to browse and catch up on various websites I post on, like this one.
For work, I use it to take notes, pics, videos, edit.
I use it to email, edit and send back files, I create a lot of documents using the Pages app, including tests for students.
My husband and I also do a lot of volunteer work and sometimes we get stuck in screamingly boring meetings, so we both whip out our iPads, (it looks so very techy and official, lol) and while everyone assumes we're taking notes pertaining to the meeting, we're actually using iMessage to share jokes and play a game: the one who laughs first loses.
At night I open the Kindle app to read.
I also spend time on Twitter and Instagram, though I have given up on Facebook: their asinine restrictions and insistence on getting members personal info finally made me throw in the towel.
I use my iPad for everything, really.
Oh, I forgot:TRIPS.
Being semi retired, I take a lot of road trips.
I take my iPad instead of laptop, and while my husband drives, I look for restaurants, hotels if the weather won't allow for camping, I use Apple maps a lot, I search for grocery stores, camping grounds, national forests, you name it.
And I shop online a lot.

So, what you should use it for is anything you want, really.
I must confess I had not realized my iPad's potential until I found myself bedridden after a 10 hour back surgery which left me immobile for 4 months:
Even the MacBook Air was too much to handle.
But my iPad's portability was exactly what I needed, I kept it by my side 24/7.
Now I'm fully recovered but my iPad had kept its place as my main device:
Larger screen real estate than my phone and way lighter and easier to handle than my MacBook Air.

So... Explore, try things out and have fun!

SquireSCA

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
I find mine perfect for general media consumption and browsing. It is a lot less functional than an Android tablet... This is more like a giant phone without the phone, whereas the other tablets are more like PC's in tablet form.

It can be infuriating sometimes how complicated things can be, as Apple's attempt to make it ***** proof, actually makes it harder to do a lot of basic tasks because they don't feel you should do them... That said, I went with the iPad Air 2 this time around because the hardware is top notch, and the battery life is the best out there. I charge it once or twice a week, tops. I felt that for just reading, browsing, email and basic stuff, the battery life made it worth the tradeoff of lacking functionality in other areas...

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
I find mine perfect for general media consumption and browsing. It is a lot less functional than an Android tablet... This is more like a giant phone without the phone, whereas the other tablets are more like PC's in tablet form.

It can be infuriating sometimes how complicated things can be, as Apple's attempt to make it ***** proof, actually makes it harder to do a lot of basic tasks because they don't feel you should do them... That said, I went with the iPad Air 2 this time around because the hardware is top notch, and the battery life is the best out there. I charge it once or twice a week, tops. I felt that for just reading, browsing, email and basic stuff, the battery life made it worth the tradeoff of lacking functionality in other areas...

Eh I disagree . I find productivity way easier on the iPad Air 2 over android tablets and generally everything is smoother and better over my Android experience ( all Samsung except the nexus 7) with Apple devices with the exception of movies since I find 16:9 better but not a selling point for me

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2