Which iPad Air 2 should I get-- 16gb, 64gb, or 128gb?

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
That's your opinion I disagree 110% with your statement I do not pay for more then what I need. If I don't need it it be waste of money I could use on important things ur opinion 2gb isn't enough my opinion it is. Now tho with new leasing and easy pay options, it's only couple dollars more so my opinion changes now. However when paying contract pricing or retail if it's not needed I never would get more then needed.

With iPads not being upgraded typically like you do with phones 16 gb is never enough. Plus with newer updates taking more space it makes it even worse. The iPhone 6 has 11.3 GB of space left so I'll assume an iPad will have around the same

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Shawn Schrader

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
With iPads not being upgraded typically like you do with phones 16 gb is never enough. Plus with newer updates taking more space it makes it even worse. The iPhone 6 has 11.3 GB of space left so I'll assume an iPad will have around the same

Wasn't talking about the iPad in that statement u said 16 gin phone. I originally said that I would go with 64 gab only because there's no in between of 16 and 64.

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Wasn't talking about the iPad in that statement u said 16 gin phone. I originally said that I would go with 64 gab only because there's no in between of 16 and 64.

Yeah I forgot lol just woke up. Either way still applies with apps being bigger and more so if you follow the two year upgrade cycle. My mother has very little apps on her phone but with 1gb of photos and video along with music she only has 800mb left....Yeah that's enough but it's well worth it to spend $100 for the piece of mind. It would suck if you wanted to take a picture or video and your phone telling you its full....

Shawn Schrader

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
Yeah I forgot lol just woke up. Either way still applies with apps being bigger and more so if you follow the two year upgrade cycle. My mother has very little apps on her phone but with 1gb of photos and video along with music she only has 800mb left....Yeah that's enough but it's well worth it to spend $100 for the piece of mind. It would suck if you wanted to take a picture or video and your phone telling you its full....

I have like no apps on my phone besides couple photo editing apps camera apps with few tweaks social media and a pedometer. I also only keep about a gig of music or so. I guess I just go out of my way to save not being able work cus of psychical spine condition i just go out of my way backing up resizing etc swapping music etc to make do. With new carrier options and with sprint only costing 4$ more month for 64 gb first time ever having more then 16gb lol.

ogilvie69

Mar 24, 2015
Visit site
Re: iPad Air 2-- 16gb, 64gb, or 128gb?

Always, with any computer system, buy the largest memory you can afford. With iPads, you can't add to it later. Judicious use of Dropbox, Evernote, Google photos etc, however, will free up memory on a smaller iPad.

akutch34

Trusted Member
Aug 31, 2015
Visit site

I just purchased a 16GB Air 2 that will replace my 32GB Galaxy Tab 4. I went with 16 because I use google drive to store all of my school documents so 16GB tablet space is plenty for me. After setup, initial available was around 11.7 GB and after adding my apps and games I still have 7.--GB left free. All depends on your usage and if you prefer to store local or in the cloud.

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site

I just purchased a 16GB Air 2 that will replace my 32GB Galaxy Tab 4. I went with 16 because I use google drive to store all of my school documents so 16GB tablet space is plenty for me. After setup, initial available was around 11.7 GB and after adding my apps and games I still have 7.--GB left free. All depends on your usage and if you prefer to store local or in the cloud.

Still....assuming you aren't going to upgrade your tablet for a while 2-4 years? Why get THE 16GB one if you can afford the 64GB which you can get cheaper now during black Friday or refurbished at the Apple store which is basically "new" and comes with a one year warranty as well.

akutch34

Trusted Member
Aug 31, 2015
Visit site

Still....assuming you aren't going to upgrade your tablet for a while 2-4 years? Why get THE 16GB one if you can afford the 64GB which you can get cheaper now during black Friday or refurbished at the Apple store which is basically "new" and comes with a one year warranty as well.

The 16GB was $0 down, the 64GB was $99 down and not available in the TMobile store-- had to be shipped. I don't use it for much and I don't need to pay all that extra money for space that I'm never going to use... It just doesn't make sense. I do not support the premise of Black Friday so that's another thing entirely.

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
The 16GB was $0 down, the 64GB was $99 down and not available in the TMobile store-- had to be shipped. I don't use it for much and I don't need to pay all that extra money for space that I'm never going to use... It just doesn't make sense. I do not support the premise of Black Friday so that's another thing entirely.

Support what black Friday? It's sales....nothing else...

And how would you know what your usage will be 2 years from now with the same tablet? This isn't phones with at we upgrade every two years....so if two years from now you're out of space you're forced to buy a new one

akutch34

Trusted Member
Aug 31, 2015
Visit site
Support what black Friday? It's sales....nothing else...

And how would you know what your usage will be 2 years from now with the same tablet? This isn't phones with at we upgrade every two years....so if two years from now you're out of space you're forced to buy a new one

Look, I'm sorry this seems to upset you so much but you have to realize that everyone's usage and needs are not the same. My last tablet was a 32GB Galaxy Tab 4. In the two years that I had it, I never used more than 5GB of storage on it. The tablet before that was also 32GB and I had roughly the same usage... Around 5GB. That was another major factor in why I chose the 16GB Air 2... I knew I wouldn't need the space based on my usage.

The Air 2 doesn't even come in a 32GB option so for me to jump all the way up to a 64GB when I'm going to use roughly 5GB of that is just a complete waste...

Now, with a phone, it's much different for me. I need a lot of space because I take a lot of pictures, have a lot of music and download lots of ringtones, wallpapers, etc. Those just aren't things that I do on my tablet. It's strictly for reading web articles and blogs, streaming Netflix, working on school documents (stored on google drive) and sometimes I play games on it.

The needs between the two devices are MUCH different.

To your point of, "after two years I'll be forced to buy a new one" ..... After two years I'll WANT to buy a new one. I buy products because I want them or they interest me. I don't buy something because I'm being forced to.

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Look, I'm sorry this seems to upset you so much but you have to realize that everyone's usage and needs are not the same. My last tablet was a 32GB Galaxy Tab 4. In the two years that I had it, I never used more than 5GB of storage on it. The tablet before that was also 32GB and I had roughly the same usage... Around 5GB. That was another major factor in why I chose the 16GB Air 2... I knew I wouldn't need the space based on my usage.

The Air 2 doesn't even come in a 32GB option so for me to jump all the way up to a 64GB when I'm going to use roughly 5GB of that is just a complete waste...

Now, with a phone, it's much different for me. I need a lot of space because I take a lot of pictures, have a lot of music and download lots of ringtones, wallpapers, etc. Those just aren't things that I do on my tablet. It's strictly for reading web articles and blogs, streaming Netflix, working on school documents (stored on google drive) and sometimes I play games on it.

The needs between the two devices are MUCH different.

To your point of, "after two years I'll be forced to buy a new one" ..... After two years I'll WANT to buy a new one. I buy products because I want them or they interest me. I don't buy something because I'm being forced to.

Of after two years you want more storage then you are forced to buy a new iPad.....iPad's don't have external memory and cloud services are a joke. Other then photos I don't use them because I don't ever believe in leaving personal content on some cloud specially with Google. If you can afford to get a storage option why not.... As I said you don't know when you'll need it and if you should need more storage then yes you are forced to buy a new product you might of not if you had a higher storage capacity iPad already.

akutch34

Trusted Member
Aug 31, 2015
Visit site
Of after two years you want more storage then you are forced to buy a new iPad.....iPad's don't have external memory and cloud services are a joke. Other then photos I don't use them because I don't ever believe in leaving personal content on some cloud specially with Google. If you can afford to get a storage option why not.... As I said you don't know when you'll need it and if you should need more storage then yes you are forced to buy a new product you might of not if you had a higher storage capacity iPad already.

We'll just agree to disagree. It would seem I'm more certain of my own needs than you.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73