I just purchased a 16GB Air 2 that will replace my 32GB Galaxy Tab 4. I went with 16 because I use google drive to store all of my school documents so 16GB tablet space is plenty for me. After setup, initial available was around 11.7 GB and after adding my apps and games I still have 7.--GB left free. All depends on your usage and if you prefer to store local or in the cloud.
    11-28-2015 07:42 PM
    I just purchased a 16GB Air 2 that will replace my 32GB Galaxy Tab 4. I went with 16 because I use google drive to store all of my school documents so 16GB tablet space is plenty for me. After setup, initial available was around 11.7 GB and after adding my apps and games I still have 7.--GB left free. All depends on your usage and if you prefer to store local or in the cloud.
    Still....assuming you aren't going to upgrade your tablet for a while 2-4 years? Why get THE 16GB one if you can afford the 64GB which you can get cheaper now during black Friday or refurbished at the Apple store which is basically "new" and comes with a one year warranty as well.
    11-29-2015 02:07 PM
    Still....assuming you aren't going to upgrade your tablet for a while 2-4 years? Why get THE 16GB one if you can afford the 64GB which you can get cheaper now during black Friday or refurbished at the Apple store which is basically "new" and comes with a one year warranty as well.
    The 16GB was $0 down, the 64GB was $99 down and not available in the TMobile store-- had to be shipped. I don't use it for much and I don't need to pay all that extra money for space that I'm never going to use... It just doesn't make sense. I do not support the premise of Black Friday so that's another thing entirely.
    11-29-2015 02:10 PM
    The 16GB was $0 down, the 64GB was $99 down and not available in the TMobile store-- had to be shipped. I don't use it for much and I don't need to pay all that extra money for space that I'm never going to use... It just doesn't make sense. I do not support the premise of Black Friday so that's another thing entirely.
    Support what black Friday? It's sales....nothing else...

And how would you know what your usage will be 2 years from now with the same tablet? This isn't phones with at we upgrade every two years....so if two years from now you're out of space you're forced to buy a new one
    11-29-2015 02:12 PM
    Support what black Friday? It's sales....nothing else...

And how would you know what your usage will be 2 years from now with the same tablet? This isn't phones with at we upgrade every two years....so if two years from now you're out of space you're forced to buy a new one
    Look, I'm sorry this seems to upset you so much but you have to realize that everyone's usage and needs are not the same. My last tablet was a 32GB Galaxy Tab 4. In the two years that I had it, I never used more than 5GB of storage on it. The tablet before that was also 32GB and I had roughly the same usage... Around 5GB. That was another major factor in why I chose the 16GB Air 2... I knew I wouldn't need the space based on my usage.

The Air 2 doesn't even come in a 32GB option so for me to jump all the way up to a 64GB when I'm going to use roughly 5GB of that is just a complete waste...

Now, with a phone, it's much different for me. I need a lot of space because I take a lot of pictures, have a lot of music and download lots of ringtones, wallpapers, etc. Those just aren't things that I do on my tablet. It's strictly for reading web articles and blogs, streaming Netflix, working on school documents (stored on google drive) and sometimes I play games on it.

The needs between the two devices are MUCH different.

To your point of, "after two years I'll be forced to buy a new one" ..... After two years I'll WANT to buy a new one. I buy products because I want them or they interest me. I don't buy something because I'm being forced to.
    11-29-2015 02:41 PM
    Look, I'm sorry this seems to upset you so much but you have to realize that everyone's usage and needs are not the same. My last tablet was a 32GB Galaxy Tab 4. In the two years that I had it, I never used more than 5GB of storage on it. The tablet before that was also 32GB and I had roughly the same usage... Around 5GB. That was another major factor in why I chose the 16GB Air 2... I knew I wouldn't need the space based on my usage.

The Air 2 doesn't even come in a 32GB option so for me to jump all the way up to a 64GB when I'm going to use roughly 5GB of that is just a complete waste...

Now, with a phone, it's much different for me. I need a lot of space because I take a lot of pictures, have a lot of music and download lots of ringtones, wallpapers, etc. Those just aren't things that I do on my tablet. It's strictly for reading web articles and blogs, streaming Netflix, working on school documents (stored on google drive) and sometimes I play games on it.

The needs between the two devices are MUCH different.

To your point of, "after two years I'll be forced to buy a new one" ..... After two years I'll WANT to buy a new one. I buy products because I want them or they interest me. I don't buy something because I'm being forced to.

Of after two years you want more storage then you are forced to buy a new iPad.....iPad's don't have external memory and cloud services are a joke. Other then photos I don't use them because I don't ever believe in leaving personal content on some cloud specially with Google. If you can afford to get a storage option why not.... As I said you don't know when you'll need it and if you should need more storage then yes you are forced to buy a new product you might of not if you had a higher storage capacity iPad already.
    11-29-2015 02:55 PM
    Of after two years you want more storage then you are forced to buy a new iPad.....iPad's don't have external memory and cloud services are a joke. Other then photos I don't use them because I don't ever believe in leaving personal content on some cloud specially with Google. If you can afford to get a storage option why not.... As I said you don't know when you'll need it and if you should need more storage then yes you are forced to buy a new product you might of not if you had a higher storage capacity iPad already.
    We'll just agree to disagree. It would seem I'm more certain of my own needs than you.
    11-29-2015 03:03 PM
32 12