Votes: 4 100.0%
  • Turnip

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

terreos

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Yes you can sign up for it on your iPad when your setting up a plan through your iPad with the apple sim.

Personally I wouldn't use public wifi for security reasons

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
How I missed that is beyond me. I'm gonna use that offer for sure! Thanks.

Channan

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
I'll always just buy Wi-Fi only iPads and use my phone to tether. With iOS 8 and remote hotspot, I don't even need to touch my phone to connect my iPad to it. Sure, it drains my phone's battery a little while I use it, but I never use it enough while I'm out for that to make much of a difference. Plus the added bonus of an all metal and glass iPad with no plastic strip. :)

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
I'll always just buy Wi-Fi only iPads and use my phone to tether. With iOS 8 and remote hotspot, I don't even need to touch my phone to connect my iPad to it. Sure, it drains my phone's battery a little while I use it, but I never use it enough while I'm out for that to make much of a difference. Plus the added bonus of an all metal and glass iPad with no plastic strip. :)

Tethering kills your battery and isn't worth it. If you can afford $130 more it's well worth the price to have the option.

Also who cares about a plastic strip

Channan

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
Tethering kills your battery and isn't worth it. If you can afford $130 more it's well worth the price to have the option.

Also who cares about a plastic strip

Not worth it to you. It doesn't kill my battery. It only drains my phone about 15% per hour. Maybe you take your iPad out every day for several hours at a time, but I don't. I could easily afford the extra $130, but since I wouldn't use it and have had no need to since the original iPad came out, why would I waste the money?

I said not having the strip is a bonus. I didn't say you should base your buying decision off of it. The iPad just looks better without it. No need to get so defensive.

GeoK

May 29, 2013
Visit site
I was just gonna ask this question. thanks to the OP for asking before I did.

The AT&T use on the Apple SIM? It locks it? What is AT&T thinking? has that been fixed?

Is 200mb free for life for current phone users of TMobile, right?

The one thing with the Apple sim is that your basically stuck with Sprint or T-Mobile or some new International new carrier. AT&T is on it but it locks the sim card so you can't switch. Also when you choose sprint or T-Mobile you can't choose AT&T then later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
I was just gonna ask this question. thanks to the OP for asking before I did.

The AT&T use on the Apple SIM? It locks it? What is AT&T thinking? has that been fixed?

Is 200mb free for life for current phone users of TMobile, right?

Yes it locks it and no its not fixed because it's not broken. Just a bad decision by AT&T.

You don't need to be a current T-mobile customer to use it. I have Sprint as my phone carrier.

If your phone carrier supports tethering then you could connect a wifi only iPad to your phones personal hotspot.

It also kills your battery life. For $130 you have the choice of using it if you ever need it plus GPS

GeoK

May 29, 2013
Visit site
That lock happens with the AT&T SIM card or the Apple one?

So, just removing it for another will not work?

Where can I find a link for the TMobile free data?

Yes it locks it and no its not fixed because it's not broken. Just a bad decision by AT&T.

You don't need to be a current T-mobile customer to use it. I have Sprint as my phone carrier.

It also kills your battery life. For $130 you have the choice of using it if you ever need it plus GPS

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
That lock happens with the AT&T SIM card or the Apple one?

So, just removing it for another will not work?

Where can I find a link for the TMobile free data?

There's no actual sim lock on iPad. My bad if this is what you thought. The Apple sim gets locked to AT&T. That means you can't use sprint or T-Mobile with that same sim card. You would need to buy a new Apple sim ($4.99) or get a sim from Sprint or T-Mobile. You need to get one from verzion anyways

GeoK

May 29, 2013
Visit site
Thanks Closinggracer! You are correct. The Apple SIM would be locked to AT&T but not the iPad.
Thank goodness

I just saw this and wanted to share it with you all.

Screen Shot 2015-07-22 at 9.44.33 AM.png

There's no actual sim lock on iPad. My bad if this is what you thought. The Apple sim gets locked to AT&T. That means you can't use sprint or T-Mobile with that same sim card. You would need to buy a new Apple sim ($4.99) or get a sim from Sprint or T-Mobile. You need to get one from verzion anyways

terreos

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
The cellular version works well?
What service are you using?
I've been loving my iPad since everyone convinced me that the cellular version was worth it if I could afford it. I primary use my home wifi or hotspot from my phone. I use T-mobile. And I do have the free data plan for my iPad Air. And it works fine. No worse or better than my phone. I'll be taking a trip over the weekend to Maryland so I will being using my data while I'm away. So I'll find out how good t-mobile is away from home. :)

GeoK

May 29, 2013
Visit site
Awesome!
Let us know that roaming trip with TMobile worked out?

I've been loving my iPad since everyone convinced me that the cellular version was worth it if I could afford it. I primary use my home wifi or hotspot from my phone. I use T-mobile. And I do have the free data plan for my iPad Air. And it works fine. No worse or better than my phone. I'll be taking a trip over the weekend to Maryland so I will being using my data while I'm away. So I'll find out how good t-mobile is away from home. :)

RobRM

Jul 9, 2015
Visit site
Cellular all the way, I got the wifi version first and found I was always wasting time trying to tether, it just wasn't that convenient and easy to use

bork_michael

Jul 28, 2015
Visit site
I wasn't even aware of that. Just looked that up and I'm blown away by that. That's a really clever idea. I love it!

Yeah enough people have convinced me it would be worth it to me to have the ability even if I don't need it.

Forewarned I read your story. :p

That all makes sense and I did end up grabbing a Cellular version of the Ipad Air 2. So all is good in the world.

I also went for the cellular version for another reason. Yeah it's nice for an emergency, but as I upgrade every year, I get a better return on the cellular versions.

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
If I have my phone, do I need to buy cellular or can I just use my phone as a hotspot?

It kills battery plus you'll need a plan that includes it ( T-Mobile)* or need to pay extra for it ( everybody else )*.

* this is for the United States carriers at least the big four carriers

terreos

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Is the resale value on a cellular version really that good? Too be honest I'll probably keep my iPad until it dies on me or they had something insane. . .