IPad Air 2 GB Ram

SquireSCA

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
I wondered about that as well. It was horrible on the iPad 2 Mini Retina... Made browsing feel like I was on a cheap 5 year old smartphone.

Why does Apple cheap out on the RAM? What is 1GB of RAM these days, bought in bulk? $1? Less?

I just don't get why Apple always puts barely enough in their devices. Only reason I can think of is that they do it for "planned obsolescence"... They want you to buy the next gen device, and so they make sure that whatever one you have is barely adequate for the current OS, and when the new OS comes out(that is barely difference than the one you have that looks like it did in 2007), that your device will slow down more and you will feel the need to upgrade.

Sneaky, I don't like that. RAM is CHEAP... For a premium device, splurge a little, Apple...

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
I haven't had a reload issue with my Air 2. Oddly enough, I've been having that problem with... My MBA 2012. Go figure.
My husband has the Air 1 and he doesn't have reload issues either though when you compare both tablets, mine is clearly faster than his.

SquireSCA

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
I am finding the Air 2 to be much better than the Mini 2 Ret, but if I don't periodically manually close apps down in the multitask menu, I still get the occasional reload.

The Mini 2 was horrible. I found the browsing experience to be akin to dial-up, it was that slow at times... 1GB of RAM is way too low for a device like this, and 2GB is the minimum we should have. So many devices are coming with 3GB these days, I don't know why Apple doesn't plan a little bit for the future...

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77