Can I get some help with my iPad Air 2?

aussie4life

May 12, 2015
Visit site
Something screwy going on with my iPad air 2

Hey all. im new here so be gentle.
I have recently upgraded my ipad 4 to an air 2. Up until the last week, its been great. Then i noticed something screwy going on.

1) Device name changed to "unknown-host"

2)Push notifications started playing up. I play a game called Game of war. Got 2 active accounts that i swap backwards and forwards between my iPhone 6 and iPad air 2. Well i swapped my main account to my iPad as im currently on holidays. usually i have my alternate account on the ipad. I then noticed that when the ipad was locked, i would get notifications for the account signed into my phone pop up on the ipad. (its now switched so that my main account push notifications show up on my phone no matter which account im signed into on said phone)

3)i have restored and updated my iPad to 8.3 (was JB 8.1.2 so sad to lose that) and now when i reinstall the game app, it refuses to show up in my notifications list.

Ive tried clean restore via itunes and restoring from backup, clean restore and start as new, ive even tried creating a new itunes account incase that was the problem. Ive also tried the setting date forwards a day or two trick with no success...

HELP ME!!! its doing my head in.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Bigeric23

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
Re: Something screwy going on with my iPad air 2

After all you’ve attempted, my suggestion would be to reach out to the game developer and/or take your iPad to the Apple Store.

SquireSCA

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
Re: Something screwy going on with my iPad air 2

So you did a complete reset and did not restore from anything? You set it up as new and didn't let it try to reload your apps or settings from iTunes or whatever?

Does that "Game Center" app have any of your game settings for this game in there? Could it be changing something, or restoring an incorrect setting? Maybe it isn't iTunes, maybe it is in that app profile?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2