When i try to reset my ipad air 2 the ipad restarts and the apple symbol appears followed by a loading bar the stay blank (has been blank for the past 10 hours.) I tried to plug it into my computer but it is unresponsive, please help.
    05-05-2015 12:22 PM
  2. Kris Simundson said: Best Answer

Have you tried to hold the home button and power button to start into recovery mode?

if that doesn't work, then your SoL. This is what happens when you use unofficial software. If it breaks in any way, your usually effed with your manufacturer.
    You probably need to call Apple Support or take your iPad to an Apple Store.
    05-05-2015 12:30 PM
    im scared to do that cause my ipad is jail broken.
    05-05-2015 01:24 PM
    Have you tried to hold the home button and power button to start into recovery mode?

if that doesn't work, then your SoL. This is what happens when you use unofficial software. If it breaks in any way, your usually effed with your manufacturer.
    05-05-2015 01:42 PM

I have had similar happen to devices I support at my job. These were not jailbrroken.. I guess they may had just been corrupted installs, as they tend to happen after a upgrade.

In the end, I had to send them to Apple for a replacement, as nothing I did could resolve it.
    05-05-2015 01:47 PM
    I have had similar happen to devices I support at my job. These were not jailbrroken.. I guess they may had just been corrupted installs, as they tend to happen after a upgrade.

In the end, I had to send them to Apple for a replacement, as nothing I did could resolve it.
    Yes but this user has specifically mentioned his is jail broken.

I've had my fair share of software hangs across all platforms and if your phone is legit most manufacturers will replace it if they can't fix it.
    05-05-2015 02:11 PM
    my friend is an tech guy so i can ask him about it but i still have warranty
    05-05-2015 02:28 PM
    Yes but this user has specifically mentioned his is jail broken.

I've had my fair share of software hangs across all platforms and if your phone is legit most manufacturers will replace it if they can't fix it.
    Indeed.
    05-06-2015 10:32 AM
    Put it into DFU mode and try that. It should (hopefully) fix it:

http://www.imore.com/tip-put-iphone-ipad-dfu-mode
    05-10-2015 11:53 PM
    Question. Did you try and use the inbuilt "erase all settings and data" on your jailbroken ipad? If so ive just had the samething happen to me. What i did was use a website called ipsw[dot]me. Selected my iPad model and downloaded the latest ipsw. Then, once downloaded, i restored using the Shift + click restore. to do this, you need to put the ipad into DFU mode.
    To enter DFU mode, with your ipad plugged in to your computer and your ipad turned on, press and hold both the power and home buttons for 10 seconds, then release the power button and hold the home button for up to 30 seconds. With iTunes open, it will recognise that your ipad is in recovery mode and give you the option to restore it to factory.

I hope this helps you a little
    05-12-2015 07:06 AM