My iPad is restarting on its own ?

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
I've noticed where it asks me to put in my password to buy apps even though I have it set to use Touch ID to buy apps. It allows me to use Touch ID to sign into my iPad but asks me to put a password in for app purchases sometimes. Is my iPad restarting or some glitch or something ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I've noticed where it asks me to put in my password to buy apps even though I have it set to use Touch ID to buy apps. It allows me to use Touch ID to sign into my iPad but asks me to put a password in for app purchases sometimes. Is my iPad restarting or some glitch or something ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Whenever you "restart" your device, you are prompted to enter your passcode even if you have TouchID enabled. It's a security feature.

SprSynJn

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
I think he is aware of that. His concern seems to be why is it asking for his password when he is not restarting the phone himself.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
From Apple in regard to purchases:

If Touch ID doesn't recognize your finger, you'll be asked to try again. After five failed attempts, you'll be given the option to enter your Apple ID password. You'll also have to enter your Apple ID password after you restart your device, or enroll or delete fingers.
You can't use Touch ID for purchases if Require Password in Settings > General > Restrictions is set to Immediately.

Source: https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT201371

Having said that, the last sentence is incorrect in my experience.

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
From Apple in regard to purchases:

If Touch ID doesn't recognize your finger, you'll be asked to try again. After five failed attempts, you'll be given the option to enter your Apple ID password. You'll also have to enter your Apple ID password after you restart your device, or enroll or delete fingers.
You can't use Touch ID for purchases if Require Password in Settings > General > Restrictions is set to Immediately.

Source: https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT201371

Having said that, the last sentence is incorrect in my experience.

I know that but there is times when I try to buy an app and it says my iPad has restarted and requires a password. I haven't restarted my iPad at all when it has asked me to input the password.

Perhaps it's what the other person said where if I don't buy an app for 48 hours it asks me that but I can't remember the last time I had to input my password for app purchase on my iPhone since the I bought the phone a month ago almost.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2