Why is my iPad Air 2 constantly attempting to restart, and failing?

I

iMore Question

ipad air 2 is constantly attempting to restart, and failing.

This happened after an attempted software update ios 8 last night. I turn it on, apple logo appears, it briefly turns red and powers off. It then repeats this constantly. I have add intermittent problems with it shutting down since I bought it - where the screen briefly turns red then powers off. These have always been very occasional and it has always restarted in the past but not this time. Battery life is good.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
ipad air 2 is constantly attempting to restart, and failing.

If the battery symbol shows up and it's red, leave it plugged in and let it charge. If the whole screen shows up red, I would make an appointment at the Apple Store. I've never seen the screen turning red.

Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6

Last edited:

merrymenow2

Mar 13, 2015
Visit site
Re: ipad air 2 is constantly attempting to restart, and failing.

Same thing just happened to me today. Exact same thing. Shuts off, turns on with Apple logo showing, screen turns bright red, goes black and starts the process over and over. I was also doing the new update.

Something similar happened to me in January when I was traveling and going online with a weak wifi signal. Couldn't do anything with it. Overnight the battery died. Later the next day I recharged it and everything worked fine. But I wasn't doing any updates then.

Did your iPad work again?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro