Oh I loved the S-pen and I agree: Best stylus out there, bar none. At least for Samsung products.
    And I do miss the ability to split the screen 2 ways (Note phone) or 4 ways (Note Pro).

I do not miss the widgets at all, they crowded my screen, I prefer the clean folders.
    TouchWiz? Nooooooooo!!! That's why the updates were so wonky, I hear there were no such problems with Nexus phones.

I find Apple Maps far superior to Google Maps, now.
    It wasn't always so:
    When Apple Maps first came out, it was a disaster, they've worked on it.
    I take a lot of road trips for work, and I can do a search on my ipad or phone, click on the address, it takes me to Apple maps right away with turn by turn directions, and it is now more accurate than Google maps.
    Last month, Google maps sent me to a dead end, but Apple maps got me to my meeting.

I haven't had any dropped calls with iphone 6 and 6 plus, but I honestly cannot remember with the older iphones.

The RAM... Honestly it's not on my priority: I'm not a gamer and I only watch videos on my Air 2, rarely on my phone.

Geared toward grandma: YES! I'm not a grandma but I'll be 50 this summer and I am tech illeterate so Apple is perfect for me, lol.

Fragile: I don't know: I've busted Motorola and Samsung products but never an Apple product.

Maybe it's just about the way people use their devices, I don't know.
    I talk to friends that get lost with Apple Maps still. Apple Maps can't find my house that has been here for almost 2 years now. Google Maps had it the day we closed and moved in. When we have people over and they call me and say that their GPS took them to the post office 3 miles away, every single time, it was an iPhone and Apple Maps. I tell them to use Google Maps and they get here every time. hehe

When I am on the phone and the call drops, at least 9 out of 10 times, they are on an iPhone. It's a running joke, that I can tell what phone you are on by how long it takes you to drop the call, regardless of whether I am on my Note 4, or a land line. :-)
    06-02-2015 01:51 PM
    It was the wireless photo sharing feature; the one that Apple tried to mimic to a point with AirDrop. I call it a gimmick because that how "I" see it. I also see AirDrop in the same manner.

As for the changes you'd like to see in iOS, a good deal of people feel the same way. I think we'll see a bump in RAM, but I doubt we'll see an SD card option. As for not allowing non-native apps to be the default, I wouldn't either, if I were the company. Of course, I'd want the focus to be on my apps and services........but that's just business. You know that. As for being geared towards grandma (laughing), I can see it that way to a point. I mean, it is simple to use for the most part, but that's a good thing. There are some folks out there that have no business being around anything electronic (laughing), but if they must have one, I prefer it be the simplest of the lot...
    Never used that, although it is nice to just share stuff by bumping phones. Also nice when you get a new phone, and you can just transfer everything over with that app. My Note 4 asked me if I was upgrading from another Android Device, and asked me if I wanted to just copy over all my files, settings and apps by placing the two phones next to each other... Kinda cool, not having to go home and plug in to iTunes and have it do all that...

I like the rapid charging. I get stupid long battery life as it is, but when it needs a charge, 15 minutes on the charger gives me 8 hours of usage. I am on conf calls and using my phone all day long, and I rarely see the battery even hit 50%... I can be on the phone for 6-8 hours typically, in addition to texting, words with friends and other stuff...

My mom and dad wanted new phones. I pointed her to the iPhone, and my dad that is more tech savvy, to the DroidHD I think it was... They both enjoy them...

Will be interesting to see how iOS evolves... Apple owned the smartphone market, but as an OS, it is now the little fish. Android has taken over everything, and you see Apple trying to follow by taking some of the things that people like most about Android. Hopefully that continues...
    06-02-2015 01:57 PM
    I talk to friends that get lost with Apple Maps still. Apple Maps can't find my house that has been here for almost 2 years now. Google Maps had it the day we closed and moved in. When we have people over and they call me and say that their GPS took them to the post office 3 miles away, every single time, it was an iPhone and Apple Maps. I tell them to use Google Maps and they get here every time. hehe

When I am on the phone and the call drops, at least 9 out of 10 times, they are on an iPhone. It's a running joke, that I can tell what phone you are on by how long it takes you to drop the call, regardless of whether I am on my Note 4, or a land line. :-)
    Hmmm. I wonder if this has to do with your location?
    I'm in California, but perhaps that's why mine works so well:
    I'm minutes away from Cupertino, this is Apple country, lol.
    Though I have used Apple maps all over the western third of the country with consistently better results than Google maps, although only in the past year or so: before that, I preferred Google maps.

Dropped calls, I never had to deal with from the time I got onto Verizon: On T-Mobile, that happened all the time, but on Verizon, regardless of what device I'm using, I don't get dropped calls. Though now that I think about it... The only time I do is when I talk to a friend who uses a Note 3, so I really don't know.

Another thing is voice quality: abysmally bad on ATT. With Verizon, it was ok on Android devices, no problems on iPhone.

So my guess is it's a combination of things, but for me, it would be silly to try anything else at this point, since it all works so well.
    06-02-2015 02:57 PM
    Hmmm. I wonder if this has to do with your location?
    I'm in California, but perhaps that's why mine works so well:
    I'm minutes away from Cupertino, this is Apple country, lol.
    Though I have used Apple maps all over the western third of the country with consistently better results than Google maps, although only in the past year or so: before that, I preferred Google maps.

Dropped calls, I never had to deal with from the time I got onto Verizon: On T-Mobile, that happened all the time, but on Verizon, regardless of what device I'm using, I don't get dropped calls. Though now that I think about it... The only time I do is when I talk to a friend who uses a Note 3, so I really don't know.

Another thing is voice quality: abysmally bad on ATT. With Verizon, it was ok on Android devices, no problems on iPhone.

So my guess is it's a combination of things, but for me, it would be silly to try anything else at this point, since it all works so well.
    Are you using the HD Voice calling on Verizon? I enabled that, and the call quality is amazing.

Up till now, telephones, whether landlines or cell, have used a reduced frequency range... typically, the bass and the treble are eliminated, and you just get the mid-range, to put it into stereo/audio terms... The HD voice calling, with integrated video conferencing is great. Much more realistic voice, clearer, etc... Think old crappy $5 inner ear headphones, versus a set of nice Boss noise cancelling ones...
    06-02-2015 03:18 PM
    Are you using the HD Voice calling on Verizon? I enabled that, and the call quality is amazing.

Up till now, telephones, whether landlines or cell, have used a reduced frequency range... typically, the bass and the treble are eliminated, and you just get the mid-range, to put it into stereo/audio terms... The HD voice calling, with integrated video conferencing is great. Much more realistic voice, clearer, etc... Think old crappy $5 inner ear headphones, versus a set of nice Boss noise cancelling ones...
    I don't think I am... Is that something I enable from my Verizon account?
    06-02-2015 03:34 PM
    Not sure, when I upgraded to Lollipop they added that feature to the Note 4 and a couple other phones. Let me see if the iPhone 6 has it, and if so, how to enable it.

Looks like it does, information and instructions here:

How To Enable HD Voice on your iPhone 6 | Digital Trends
    06-02-2015 03:54 PM
    Not sure, when I upgraded to Lollipop they added that feature to the Note 4 and a couple other phones. Let me see if the iPhone 6 has it, and if so, how to enable it.

Looks like it does, information and instructions here:

How To Enable HD Voice on your iPhone 6 | Digital Trends
    HD Voice on Verizon isn't available everywhere... if it is - the controls will be there in the phone - if not, controls won't be there until Verizon pushes a carrier settings file to users in the areas where it's available.
    06-02-2015 04:01 PM
    HD Voice on Verizon isn't available everywhere... if it is - the controls will be there in the phone - if not, controls won't be there until Verizon pushes a carrier settings file to users in the areas where it's available.
    Ahhh... Yeah, I guess you have to be in an area that supports VoLTE... And they changed the name from HD to Advanced...
    06-02-2015 04:06 PM
    Samsung tablets are glitzy and full of bells and whistles, but I find them unreliable and laggy.
    I've had the Note 10.1 and the Note Pro 12.2 and once the novelty wore off, I had no need for the shiny baubles and the constant lag and poor battery life hampered my ability to work greatly.
    So I may not be able to split the screen 4 ways on my Air 2 but that thing flies at Mach 2 whenever I need it to, there's no lag, ever, and if I need to be on it all day with no possibility of charging, that's not a problem either.
    Also, I discovered that IOS has apps that can pretty much cover any of the bells and whistles that come standard on Samsung... And the apps work better.

If their using the same specs and same version of touchwiz as the s6. The new rumored Samsung Galaxy tab s2 which comes in the same size as the iPad mini and Air then it will be a breeze. I never found Samsung "laggy" personally

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    06-05-2015 12:52 PM
    If their using the same specs and same version of touchwiz as the s6. The new rumored Samsung Galaxy tab s2 which comes in the same size as the iPad mini and Air then it will be a breeze. I never found Samsung "laggy" personally

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yeah, I have never seen that much lag in something unless there was a bug or something, which has happened from time to time.

For the most part, the phones have so much muscle and memory that they run amazing, even with whatever overlay they put on top of Android. And if one is laggy, there are a ton of free launchers you can just install and it completely revamps the entire UI... animations, icons, layout, fonts, all sorts of stuff.

My soon to be daughter in law needed her phone replaced and didn't have the money, so rather than buy one for her, I gave her my Note 4 and picked up a Droid Turbo. Little smaller screen, but literally double the battery life, water repellent, and if the screen cracks, Moto will send you one free replacement under warranty, even if I drop it and cause the crack.

Motorola used to have a UI they clled Blur. Now, they are almost a straight Google Experience, with some nice features added under the hood.

Battery life is amazing... Used the phone a ton yesterday and it was at 80% when I went to bed... I mean seriously long battery life.

And the ballistic nylon and anodized buttons make this thing look pretty damned cool.

The lag in Android, is typically when you have a ton of real time data widgets all on the screen at once and updating, and by lag, it is like a fraction of a second swiping between pages or opening the app drawer or something...
    06-05-2015 01:20 PM
    Yeah, I have never seen that much lag in something unless there was a bug or something, which has happened from time to time.

For the most part, the phones have so much muscle and memory that they run amazing, even with whatever overlay they put on top of Android. And if one is laggy, there are a ton of free launchers you can just install and it completely revamps the entire UI... animations, icons, layout, fonts, all sorts of stuff.

My soon to be daughter in law needed her phone replaced and didn't have the money, so rather than buy one for her, I gave her my Note 4 and picked up a Droid Turbo. Little smaller screen, but literally double the battery life, water repellent, and if the screen cracks, Moto will send you one free replacement under warranty, even if I drop it and cause the crack.

Motorola used to have a UI they clled Blur. Now, they are almost a straight Google Experience, with some nice features added under the hood.

Battery life is amazing... Used the phone a ton yesterday and it was at 80% when I went to bed... I mean seriously long battery life.

And the ballistic nylon and anodized buttons make this thing look pretty damned cool.

The lag in Android, is typically when you have a ton of real time data widgets all on the screen at once and updating, and by lag, it is like a fraction of a second swiping between pages or opening the app drawer or something...
    We can't get the Droid Turbo over here but it looks a little utilitarian for me. I have Moto X 2014 and it is fantastic phone except for the camera. I have been using the iPhone 6 for nearly two months now and still really like it but I like all the operating systems and they all have their ups and downs.

I bought an iPad Air 2 after getting my iPhone and I find it okay but it badly needs multitasking and split screen that is coming this year.
    06-08-2015 04:11 PM
61 123