I wish they used AMOLED screens,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
I love the iPad Air 2 screen overall but watching movies on this lcd screens kills me wi the blacks at times specially when the overall movie tone at the time is very dark with movies being letterbox makes it really bad . Ive seen at times where the screen backlight is over bright and makes the whole screen looks lt has a cloudy effect or something . AMOLED or OLED panels solves all this since this it doesn't have a backlight.

This jus just more of wishful thinking but really don't like this lcd screen at times while watching movies

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
I personally like the IPS LCD panels over the AMOLED or OLED. The latter tend to over saturate the colors, and make them unrealistic. The IPS LCDs are more accurate and show true-to-life colors. I do agree, however, that the blacks are much deeper on AMOLED and OLED.

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
I personally like the IPS LCD panels over the AMOLED or OLED. The latter tend to over saturate the colors, and make them unrealistic. The IPS LCDs are more accurate and show true-to-life colors. I do agree, however, that the blacks are much deeper on AMOLED and OLED.

Eh the note 4 display is fantastic and was voted best display on a mobile device . The colors are quite accurate on the note 4 and the mixture of 4:3 aspect ratio on hd movies with the letter boxes and the general faults of LCD makes watching movies at times hideous . I was watching the movie the interview and in a dark scene the whole backlight decided to. Light up he whole screen and made it really bright where I can see much .

This isn't really an issue that's going to make me sell my iPad but just a minor annoyance

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

phlamethrowre

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
I prefer LCD over LED. I like the screen on my Note 4 but I really prefer a bright LCD screen. My LG G2 is a good example. LCD is just usually brighter and whiter than LED. The Sony Z line of phones is another example of the type of screens I like.

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
I prefer LCD over LED. I like the screen on my Note 4 but I really prefer a bright LCD screen. My LG G2 is a good example. LCD is just usually brighter and whiter than LED. The Sony Z line of phones is another example of the type of screens I like.
Lcd and LED are the same. The Ipad screen is a LED screen. My note 4 has really white whites and color is very accurate. Blacks is great and letterbox with LCD is pretty bad specially in dark scenes since the backlight as I been saying does have a tendency to just light the whole screen up making it really hard to get into the movie.

What I am talking about is OLED and AMOLED is a type of OLED screens which is active matrix organic light editing diodes. There's is also PMOLED which is a passive matrix but Idk who uses those.

Note 4 was voted best display period over the iPhone and other devices. The color is not what was like with previous amoled screens

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
LED tvs mean it uses an LED light as a backlight vs CCFL to backlight like the old LCD tvs back like 5-6 plus years ago.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I don't watch many movies on my iPhone. If I had an iPad I might some. But I like my iPhone screen because it's great for doing Photoshop and other photo work on. As far as looks, the Amoled do seem to be too color rich at times. Almost unreal. But the iP screen can be too little color at times. The good news is some of the 3rd party cameras we have on the App Store are truly great now. They offer nice presets and ways to get the best shot possible. If you have not tried those, I suggest ProCamera 8, Camera+, and ProShot.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
I don't watch many movies on my iPhone. If I had an iPad I might some. But I like my iPhone screen because it's great for doing Photoshop and other photo work on. As far as looks, the Amoled do seem to be too color rich at times. Almost unreal. But the iP screen can be too little color at times. The good news is some of the 3rd party cameras we have on the App Store are truly great now. They offer nice presets and ways to get the best shot possible. If you have not tried those, I suggest ProCamera 8, Camera+, and ProShot.

See the issue here is how many of you actually used or seen a Samsung Galaxy Note 4? That screen is amazing and isn't color saturated like previous amoled panels. It was voted best display. AMOLED was the reason why I got a Samsung Galaxy tab s 10.5 but all support was terrible.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
See the issue here is how many of you actually used or seen a Samsung Galaxy Note 4? That screen is amazing and isn't color saturated like previous amoled panels. It was voted best display. AMOLED was the reason why I got a Samsung Galaxy tab s 10.5 but all support was terrible.

I hope you enjoy it. It may be great for movies. But not so hot for my needs.

phlamethrowre

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
Lcd and LED are the same. The Ipad screen is a LED screen. My note 4 has really white whites and color is very accurate. Blacks is great and letterbox with LCD is pretty bad specially in dark scenes since the backlight as I been saying does have a tendency to just light the whole screen up making it really hard to get into the movie.

What I am talking about is OLED and AMOLED is a type of OLED screens which is active matrix organic light editing diodes. There's is also PMOLED which is a passive matrix but Idk who uses those.

Note 4 was voted best display period over the iPhone and other devices. The color is not what was like with previous amoled screens

What????? Are you on narcotics?? Liquid Crystal Diode and Light Emitting Diode is NOT the same thing.

Every iPad has had an LCD screen, including the Air 2. NOT LED!

You don't have to keep praising the Note 4 display, no one disagrees about it's quality. I have it, it's very good.

But, I still prefer LCD over LED. While LED does have blacker blacks, LCD has whiter whites and is usually brighter. It's a choice, you can choose to like LED more, I don't care what you like.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
The note 4 is as color accurate as my iPad though with the added benefit of better blacks

Great color is good to have. That's not my issue. If I knew an Amoled screen would allow me to do the same things I do on my iPhone, I might be for it. But for some reason, doing Photoshop and other image work on an Android phone is not near what can be done on an iPhone. Really good photo editing apps are scarce in the Google Play Store. And what's there are second rate to what's available in the iTunes App Store. I don't know the reason why. Even Adobe Photoshop Touch on Android is less than it's counterpart on iOS. You won't find apps like Facetune and Superimpose in the Google Play Store. Certainly not Leonardo Photo Editor. Why not? I honestly don't know. But I keep thinking it might be the type of screen. I have tried to find the reason, but there's not much on that issue. So until my questions are resolved, I suspect the Amoled screen is not as conducive to photo work using my fingers.

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
What????? Are you on narcotics?? Liquid Crystal Diode and Light Emitting Diode is NOT the same thing.

Every iPad has had an LCD screen, including the Air 2. NOT LED!

You don't have to keep praising the Note 4 display, no one disagrees about it's quality. I have it, it's very good.

But, I still prefer LCD over LED. While LED does have blacker blacks, LCD has whiter whites and is usually brighter. It's a choice, you can choose to like LED more, I don't care what you like.
Lol led is a lcd screen... You think they can get a Ipad that small with CCFL technology..... Smh

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
This is devolving into a "Tastes great/less filling" silliness... Use whatever floats your boat... to buy an iPad knowing it does not have AMOLED and then wish it did/whine it doesn't is rather pointless IMO. It is what it is... live with it as it is...

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
This is devolving into a "Tastes great/less filling" silliness... Use whatever floats your boat... to buy an iPad knowing it does not have AMOLED and then wish it did/whine it doesn't is rather pointless IMO. It is what it is... live with it as it is...

You know what's pointless? Responding like that. The screen is only a small factor of a purchase while I like amoled since you don't have backlight issues like with lcd screens

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
The best according to them. But it may not be the best to individual users. No matter the specs if a user enjoys their device that's what it is.
On the road I enjoy watching movies on my iPad 2. Of course it's not the best spec wise but it doesn't inhibit me from enjoying a movie.
If a user is not enjoying a device get something else that you enjoy totally. It's not that deep.
Why keep it if it's not what you want.
If a person is doing serious photo editing color is important on a display. But watching a movie? If it's that important get the device you feel is best for watching movies in your opinion instead of complaining about the one you own. Apple can't fix that only you can by getting something else. Instead of "wishing" try "getting" something else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods