Let's try and calm this down a bit...both have advantages and disadvantages, and everyone is entitled to their opinion.
    12-28-2014 09:37 PM
    Lcd and LED are the same... When people are selling you a "LED" TV to you it's an LCD TV. Samsung makes LCD and AMOLED displays. The first tablets with amoled after the tab 7.7 is the tab s 10.5 and 8.4. Tab pro, note 10.1 2014 edition and the pro series in general use LCD displays

The note 4 and Samsung s series use amoled....

Do you even read? I said Samsung LCD displays are hideous.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
    Dude, you are hard to follow. If LCD and LED are the same and Samsung's LCD displays are hideous then why is your note 4 screen so awesome??
    12-28-2014 10:22 PM
    Dude, you are hard to follow. If LCD and LED are the same and Samsung's LCD displays are hideous then why is your note 4 screen so awesome??

LED is not what's in the note 4 ......note 4 uses AMOLED or OLED . LED is not OLED. LED is a different technology then OLED. LED is what is being used to backlight LCD screens vs using CCFL which is a gas which is also why old LCD tvs weren't as slim as tvs now . AMOLED screens don't have a backlight and each pixel emits its own light which is how you have better blacks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    12-28-2014 10:26 PM
    [WARN]DO NOT make the debate personal. Discuss the topic, NOT the other members posting in the thread.[/WARN]
    12-28-2014 10:34 PM
    I can't stand AMOLED screens, I had to get my Lumia replaced because of burn in, and the second replacement is starting to get burnin as well.
    phlamethrowre likes this.
    12-28-2014 10:37 PM
    LED is not what's in the note 4 ......note 4 uses AMOLED or OLED . LED is not OLED. LED is a different technology then OLED. LED is what is being used to backlight LCD screens vs using CCFL which is a gas which is also why old LCD tvs weren't as slim as tvs now . AMOLED screens don't have a backlight and each pixel emits its own light which is how you have better blacks

Ok, I'm done with this nonsense. You are simply uneducated and not worthy of a discussion about screen technology. I'm moving on.
    12-28-2014 11:05 PM
    Ok, I'm done with this nonsense. You are simply uneducated and not worthy of a discussion about screen technology. I'm moving on.
    Your the uneducated one here

12-28-2014 11:06 PM
    I can't stand AMOLED screens, I had to get my Lumia replaced because of burn in, and the second replacement is starting to get burnin as well.
    I have had a s2, s3, s4, note 3 and note 4 with no burn in

12-28-2014 11:07 PM
    Your the uneducated one here

*you're.

Posted using electrons and pixels precisely formulated for the iPad Mini.
    12-29-2014 08:43 AM
    *you're.

Well I blame auto correct for that ....but whatever . He doesn't know the difference between LCD( LED backlighting ) , OLED (AMOLED or even PMOLED), and for point sake plasma . And then since he can't comprehend the differences he calls people stupid

phlamethrowre likes this.
    12-29-2014 10:17 AM
    After having a Amoled screens on a couple of my past devices, I have to admit it does look GOOD, however the iDevices aren't to shabby either. If I had to choose overall performance vs screen resolution....obviously I would choose my iDevices. Glad your happy with your decision OP (and anyone else), but lets refrain from insults and personal attacks....it's just not KOOL and against the RULES.
    Thanks,
    Have a nice day ....ENJOY
    12-29-2014 10:40 AM
    Well I blame auto correct for that ....but whatever . He doesn't know the difference between LCD( LED backlighting ) , OLED (AMOLED or even PMOLED), and for point sake plasma . And then since he can't comprehend the differences he calls people stupid

Sure.
    12-29-2014 10:43 AM
    Sure.
    Usually when you spell out "youre", auto-correct will correct it to "you're" instead of incorrectly changing it to "your." So, yeah...sure.
    12-29-2014 11:12 AM
    Usually when you spell out "youre", auto-correct will correct it to "you're" instead of incorrectly changing it to "your." So, yeah...sure.

Yeah I'm currently using the Samsung keyboard which didn't that .....it's crap but haven't downloaded swiftkey yet

12-29-2014 08:25 PM
    Sure.
    Want me to take pics of my Samsung keyboard?

12-29-2014 08:26 PM
    Want me to take pics of my Samsung keyboard?

No, I want you to back off or learn.

12-29-2014 08:29 PM
    After having a Amoled screens on a couple of my past devices, I have to admit it does look GOOD, however the iDevices aren't to shabby either. If I had to choose overall performance vs screen resolution....obviously I would choose my iDevices. Glad your happy with your decision OP (and anyone else), but lets refrain from insults and personal attacks....it's just not KOOL and against the RULES.
    Thanks,
    Have a nice day ....ENJOY
    The lcd panel overall looks great but when you have letterbox and a dark scene on sometimes the whole backlight turns really bright where it just ruins the movie . Amoled solves this issue since it has no backlight since it doesn't need it . Also this could very well be an poor lcd display being used and tbh with the issues of the displays I rather just keep this then play the exchange game with Apple . This doesn't have any noticeable binding on the sides nor does it have a yellow tint which is more important factors.

12-29-2014 08:29 PM
    No, I want you to back off or learn.

lol back off what ? And learn what exactly? It was my phone that did that

12-29-2014 08:30 PM
    lol back off what ? And learn what exactly? It was my phone that did that

Leave it alone.

12-29-2014 08:30 PM
    Leave it alone.

Lol it's my thread .... Don't read it then and move on ? I paid around $900 for this iPad and Apple has known QC issues with iPads over the years with their screens ranging from yellow tinting to that book binding or whatever it is . I have plenty of devices that use lcd and don't have this issue with watching dark scenes and doesn't make the backlight going brighter then it needs to be . My tv and laptop both are lcd displays and don't have these issues.

12-29-2014 08:36 PM
    [WARN]thread has devolved to uselessness[/WARN]
    12-29-2014 08:37 PM
46 12