How do you find the firmness of the Home Button in the iPad Air 2 when compared to your iPhone and/or your previous iPad? I just purchased an iPad Air 2 and find the Home Button of my device to have less travel and to be significantly less "clickety" (almost muted) than the Home Button of my iPad mini 2. Is this because the iPad Air 2 is thinner?
    11-20-2014 09:08 AM
    My experience over the years with both iPhones and iPads has shown me that no two home buttons are identical. They all feel a little different. For me my iPhone 6 plus feels like the button has a tad less travel than my iPad Air 2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    11-20-2014 09:13 AM
    My iPad Air 2 home button is less "clicky" than my iPhone 6 as well.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk
    11-20-2014 09:20 AM
    My experience over the years with both iPhones and iPads has shown me that no two home buttons are identical. They all feel a little different. For me my iPhone 6 plus feels like the button has a tad less travel than my iPad Air 2.
    Thank you for your reply. After using BlackBerry 10 devices, Apple's Home Button has become for me an unavoidable annoyance or, perhaps, a necessary nuisance. It is not likely that the Home Button will go away soon since Apple has elevated it to a much sought-after feature with Touch ID. However, since it is unavoidable, I wish that the feel of the Home Button was the same across devices.
    11-20-2014 09:45 AM
    My iPad Air 2 home button is less "clicky" than my iPhone 6 as well.
    I have an iPhone 6 Plus and that is too my experience.
    11-20-2014 09:46 AM
    Both my iPhone 6 and Air 2 have the same "clickiness" on the home button
    11-21-2014 05:07 PM
    My 6+ home button has a soft push to it while my Air 2 is firm. They both work fine so I'm good with the feel of both home buttons.
    11-22-2014 01:27 AM
    I agree. No two home buttons sounds the same. My iPhone 5 has more tactile feedback than on my wife's iPhone 5c.
    Speedygi likes this.
    11-22-2014 03:34 AM
    How do you find the firmness of the Home Button in the iPad Air 2 when compared to your iPhone and/or your previous iPad? I just purchased an iPad Air 2 and find the Home Button of my device to have less travel and to be significantly less "clickety" (almost muted) than the Home Button of my iPad mini 2. Is this because the iPad Air 2 is thinner?
    There can be many explanations for this: your home button could be tight because your iPad Air 2 is new and the home button needs more clicking to get the tightness loosen up, or it could be that your device just has a tighter home button than usual because manufacturing is never the same for any two devices despite them coming from the same production chain. Regarding your theory about the tightness happening because of a device's thinness, I don't think that's the case as the depressing mechanism in a home button shouldn't be any different across different products.
    11-22-2014 03:44 AM