iPad air 2 vs iPad air ambient light sensor

nr2d

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Does anyone know the location of the ambient light sensor on the iPad Air 2 vs on the iPad Air? I received my iPad Air 2 today and put
my iPad Air case on it. Inseams that the ambient light sensor is not operating correctly.

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
Does anyone know the location of the ambient light sensor on the iPad Air 2 vs on the iPad Air? I received my iPad Air 2 today and put
my iPad Air case on it. Inseams that the ambient light sensor is not operating correctly.

The two sensors are located in the upper left and right hand corners of the iPad for the Air 2

WilliWu

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
The iPad Air 2 has two ambient light sensors rather than the single sensor which was located near the front facing camera lens on the Air 1. One sensor is located on each in the top front corners. You can see the exact locations by shining a flashlight on the corners. The sensors are redundant rather than additive so that covering one does not cause a problem. I had to punch a hole in my new cover to get the automatic brightness adjustment to work on my Air 2. I have yet to find a case manufacturer who has discover and accommodated this change from the Air 1 to the Air 2. I punched a 5/16 inch hole with a hollow leather punch to fix mine after discovering that a drill made a mess of the fibrous material.

nr2d

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Once I located the sensors using the document I mention above, I used a pair of diagonal wire cutters and cut the rough holes I needed then I used an Exacto knife to trim and tidy up the cutouts so they looked good. Works great now.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2