I went to see the iPad Air 2 today

gcantrell

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Re: I went to see the ipad 2 today

I went and saw the air 2 yesterday at the Apple Store and it was nice! I will give my original Air to my mom and pick up the Air 2 on Friday when Verizon gets it in store. Looking forward to it

MTM1977

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site

For me gettin the Air 2 was an easy decision.
I didn't have any tablet and my current phone is with Android.
So, i wanted the best possible tablet with ios in it and the Air 2 was just released, so didn't need to even see it, just ordered one.
I got the golden one with 128gb storage and just the wlan. If need be, i will use my phone as router, so no need for the cellular version.

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site

I'm talking about him. He says it is the same thing. So it is the same thing. What are you trying to do? Convince someone?

We all know the changes. Thinner, faster, more ram, better screen. He does too. He doesn't care. Same thing for him.

So leave it. The only question to ask him is, what did he expect then?

There's really not a whole lot of difference between the 2 iPads if you bought one last year, like every person has been saying, for most users there's no compelling reason to get an Air 2.

People just watch videos and do a bit of browsing on these things. Tabs reloading isn't enough of a reason for most people to upgrade. I'm sure the vast majority of iPad Air users don't even notice the tabs reloading. And even if they notice, they couldn't care less. It happens so quickly they don't give a Damn.

For them their iPad Air is already thin. Has a great screen, Is fast and does everything they want to do. So you're trying to sell them something that for them is basically the same thing. Oh it's thinner. Whoppty freggin' doo!

They needed a feature like, for example, Siri. When that came out it was only compatible with that device. If you wanted Siri then you had to upgrade to the iPhone 4s.

I think it is too early for iPad Air 2. We will have to wait for some killer app or some iOS feature that is only compatible with Air 2, then you have a reason to upgrade if you want that feature.

Well when your iPad Air 1 becomes sluggish with its 1gb of ram pretty quickly I'll be happy with my non sluggish iPad Air 2 with 2gb of ram and 3 core cpu. If the iPad Air 2 has this I would assume the iPhone 6s and 6s plus would have 2gb of ram and iOS will utilize that thus making the iPad Air obsolete pretty soon

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Team George

Jul 31, 2009
Visit site

I upgraded from a Retina Mini 16 GB, mostly because it didn't have enough storage as well. I got the Air 2, and honestly say that it is a great upgrade from the iPad Mini 2. :)

This is what I am thinking of doing - thanks for the post.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site

Well when your iPad Air 1 becomes sluggish with its 1gb of ram pretty quickly I'll be happy with my non sluggish iPad Air 2 with 2gb of ram and 3 core cpu. If the iPad Air 2 has this I would assume the iPhone 6s and 6s plus would have 2gb of ram and iOS will utilize that thus making the iPad Air obsolete pretty soon

god, I really hope Apple users don't become Android spec snobs.

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site

god, I really hope Apple users don't become Android spec snobs.
Lol? I'm just saying if Apple adds 2gb of ram to iPhone as well they would want to optimize ios to use it and could cause issues with the first ipad-air... I'm just voicing my opinion on that matter

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site

I really hope the 6s will have 2GB of RAM. As for the Air 2, I don't like the larger iPad. I've got a Mini 3 I just got last weekend. While I wish that had 2GB of RAM, it's okay for what it's used for.

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site

Are you finding you are missing the smaller form factor? Or is the air 2's lightness comfortable enough for commuter reading?

I like the bigger size of the Air 2 compared to the Mini. I find it very easy to one hand to use and read wherever I am

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site

Thanks for your input. I'm sure others will find it useful. Personally I am a 3 year old that wanted a new toy so I upgraded my air to the air 2. Cause it's gold and pretty lol

Sent from my iPhone 6 finally!

oh yeah baby....

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site

If that happens, I'll probably get the ipad Air 3 which will make your ipad air 2 look sluggish..lol But the key thing is it has to happen first. Why buy the ipad air 2 now when all these future things you're mentioning (and probably likely) won't happen til the next model?

Those looking for a tablet that basically have nothing right now, sure, get an Air 2. Personally I wouldn't spend more than a few hundred on any ipad. That's just me though. My big spending on ipads was brief but over.

Hiri89

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site

And just think we are only around 3 months away from the watch. Man this year has been expensive

Sent from my iPhone 6 finally!

omg tell me about it... ill blame apple if i file for bankruptcy lol!! i got the ipad air i have 3 months ago, the iphone 6 plus in launch day and I want the watch too!!!!!! ugh!!! apple is the devil! they make me buy too much stuff even if i don't want to

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site

If that happens, I'll probably get the ipad Air 3 which will make your ipad air 2 look sluggish..lol But the key thing is it has to happen first. Why buy the ipad air 2 now when all these future things you're mentioning (and probably likely) won't happen til the next model?

Those looking for a tablet that basically have nothing right now, sure, get an Air 2. Personally I wouldn't spend more than a few hundred on any ipad. That's just me though. My big spending on ipads was brief but over.
Next model should only get a modest increase of cpu and gpu. I was just speaking of longevity and the air 2 I think will last longer then the Ipad air Imo. Still a great tablet but 2gb of ram is a substantial upgrade Imo specially for longevity

chrisforpm

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site

omg tell me about it... ill blame apple if i file for bankruptcy lol!! i got the ipad air i have 3 months ago, the iphone 6 plus in launch day and I want the watch too!!!!!! ugh!!! apple is the devil! they make me buy too much stuff even if i don't want to

Haha how dare they! It's so hard to resist cause they put out such great products.

ajarnfalang

Banned
Oct 19, 2013
Visit site

I don't have an iPad at all. He does, and he says it is the same. So for him, it is. Period.