I went to see the iPad Air 2 today

Hiri89

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
I was thinking about upgrading my ipad air but when I was holding it and playing with it, i realized it was the sameeeeeeeeeeee thinggggggggg!!!!! I don't even play games with mine so i could care less if the graphics or the speed is better than my air. I never take pics with my phone, what makes me think ill take pics with the ipad? mmmhmmmmm. As far as weight goes, i didn't feel any big difference in weight. so whateverrrrrrrr

Ill wait for the next one. Now i can live in peace.

donnation

Trusted Member
Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
Re: I went to see the ipad 2 today

of course it was worth a post. why do you think i did it? forums are for that, to post whatever the hell we want.

Seems like it would be better for the Air forum and not this one. That's great that you don't feel they are different but many would disagree. And fyi there's more to it than gaming and the camera.

InTheRed

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site

I see both points.

If you have an air and you thought about upgrading someone's opinion here would carry some weight.

Personally I would have posted it in both.

I've yet to get an iPad I ordered the air 2 and am waiting on mine. It's my first iPad but I also don't see myself upgrading it for 3-4 years.

badMojo69

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site

Yep it's the same thing if you have an Air no need to upgrade. I approve this message.
Me on the other hand it was worth the upgrade from my OG Ipad 3. Changed my mine...yes that fast. I just boxed it up and it's going back.

I tried to like it and there is just something off about it. It's not the quality Apple product I expect to have for the price I paid.

Last edited:

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site

I was thinking about upgrading my ipad air but when I was holding it and playing with it, i realized it was the sameeeeeeeeeeee thinggggggggg!!!!! I don't even play games with mine so i could care less if the graphics or the speed is better than my air. I never take pics with my phone, what makes me think ill take pics with the ipad? mmmhmmmmm. As far as weight goes, i didn't feel any big difference in weight. so whateverrrrrrrr

Thanks for your input. I'm sure others will find it useful. Personally I am a 3 year old that wanted a new toy so I upgraded my air to the air 2. Cause it's gold and pretty lol

Sent from my iPhone 6 finally!

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site

Agreed. I updated from the Air to the Air 2 because I wanted to. New toys are cool.
And it is noticeably faster. And it's lighter. I wouldn't call my space gray "pretty" but it's definitely sexy.

And just think we are only around 3 months away from the watch. Man this year has been expensive

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
I went to see the ipad 2 today

And just think we are only around 3 months away from the watch. Man this year has been expensive

I know, I bought an iPhone 6 64 GB outright and an iPad Air 2 64 GB within 35 days of one another. Total cost of $1500 after taxes and accessories, way too much spent in that short of time haha :)

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site

I know, I bought an iPhone 6 64 GB outright and an iPad Air 2 64 GB within 35 days of one another. Total cost of $1500 after taxes and accessories, way too much spent in that short of time haha :)

You and me both. Got the iPhone full retail plus apple care like 2 weeks ago that was $901 then the iPad. Oh well- only live once and can't take it with ya!

chrisforpm

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
I went to see the ipad 2 today

I, like I'm sure many others, find these kinds of posts helpful. I currently have a 16 GB iPad mini 2. I need more space (at least 32 GB) so I was considering either the iPad Air 2 or last year's iPad Air. Knowing that there isn't a huge difference in feel is tempting me to go with cheaper option.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site

I'm going to check it out soon. I want to spend money for no reason because I can. I wanted a Mini retina for the longest but I'll probably keep that and use an Air 2 anyway along with my 6 Plus. Another trusted device for 2-step verification for me. I love spending lots of money and stuff I truly don't need but want just because.

Side-note: Also getting an iPhone 6 for the heck of it.

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site

The 3 core cpu and 2gb of ram is used for more then games....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site

Meh iwatch ... This also goes with android and Samsung ones as well. Don't see much value in spending $200 on a watch so I can look at a small screen

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site

Meh iwatch ... This also goes with android and Samsung ones as well. Don't see much value in spending $200 on a watch so I can look at a small screen

I personally want one and will get one. Different strokes for different folks.

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site

I, like I'm sure many others, find these kinds of posts helpful. I currently have a 16 GB iPad mini 2. I need more space (at least 32 GB) so I was considering either the iPad Air 2 or last year's iPad Air. Knowing that there isn't a huge difference in feel is tempting me to go with cheaper option.

I upgraded from a Retina Mini 16 GB, mostly because it didn't have enough storage as well. I got the Air 2, and honestly say that it is a great upgrade from the iPad Mini 2. :)

ajarnfalang

Banned
Oct 19, 2013
Visit site

I think anyone can say this any year really. Exception being iPhone 6 because of the screen size. But if you don't care about screen size, what can you do with a 6 you can't do with a 5s, they're the same thing.

Air and Air 2. I'm not sure what you expected to see.

It opens your email, It browses the internet, it checks your Facebook. Same as the last Air.

If you had an iPhone 5 and tried the 5s, same thing.

Read a Mossberg review of the iPhone 3Gs. He said the exact same thing then he said of the iPad Air 2.

If you have an iPhone 3G, the 3Gs isn't enough of an upgrade for you to change your phone. Same thing now.

However, FFW a year or two and ask the 3G owners if they would rather have a 3Gs.

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site

I think anyone can say this any year really. Exception being iPhone 6 because of the screen size. But if you don't care about screen size, what can you do with a 6 you can't do with a 5s, they're the same thing.

Air and Air 2. I'm not sure what you expected to see.

It opens your email, It browses the internet, it checks your Facebook. Same as the last Air.

If you had an iPhone 5 and tried the 5s, same thing.

Read a Mossberg review of the iPhone 3Gs. He said the exact same thing then he said of the iPad Air 2.

If you have an iPhone 3G, the 3Gs isn't enough of an upgrade for you to change your phone. Same thing now.

However, FFW a year or two and ask the 3G owners if they would rather have a 3Gs.

What are you talking about ? 2gb of ram is a major upgrade ....you don't have issues like safari relaxing tabs, a more smoother experience and the screen being fused to the glass means no dust under the screen. I had issues with that with the air and the iPhone 3GS which didn't have screens fused to the glass

ladyc0524

Trusted Member
Dec 8, 2010
Visit site

I originally said I wasn't going to get the Air 2 but quickly changed my mind because I carry my iPad a lot with me, and it's like carrying a brick around because I have the iPad 4. Whelp, my Gold 64GB iPad Air 2 is waiting for me at home, and I'll be selling the 4 to a family member.

ajarnfalang

Banned
Oct 19, 2013
Visit site

What are you talking about ? 2gb of ram is a major upgrade ....you don't have issues like safari relaxing tabs, a more smoother experience and the screen being fused to the glass means no dust under the screen. I had issues with that with the air and the iPhone 3GS which didn't have screens fused to the glass

I'm talking about him. He says it is the same thing. So it is the same thing. What are you trying to do? Convince someone?

We all know the changes. Thinner, faster, more ram, better screen. He does too. He doesn't care. Same thing for him.

So leave it. The only question to ask him is, what did he expect then?

There's really not a whole lot of difference between the 2 iPads if you bought one last year, like every person has been saying, for most users there's no compelling reason to get an Air 2.

People just watch videos and do a bit of browsing on these things. Tabs reloading isn't enough of a reason for most people to upgrade. I'm sure the vast majority of iPad Air users don't even notice the tabs reloading. And even if they notice, they couldn't care less. It happens so quickly they don't give a Damn.

For them their iPad Air is already thin. Has a great screen, Is fast and does everything they want to do. So you're trying to sell them something that for them is basically the same thing. Oh it's thinner. Whoppty freggin' doo!

They needed a feature like, for example, Siri. When that came out it was only compatible with that device. If you wanted Siri then you had to upgrade to the iPhone 4s.

I think it is too early for iPad Air 2. We will have to wait for some killer app or some iOS feature that is only compatible with Air 2, then you have a reason to upgrade if you want that feature.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen