I went to see the iPad Air 2 today

Bekrah

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site
Re: I went to see the ipad 2 today

I currently have a 64GB iPad 3 and I just ordered a 128GB iPad Air 2 (Gold) and I'm looking forward to receiving it. In spite of what others may say, I'm sure it's s much better product and a worthy upgrade to my iPad 3.

Sent from my 128GB iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk

ajarnfalang

Banned
Oct 19, 2013
Visit site

It's faster then "2 or 3 seconds "
For most every day tasks I am sure they're identical to each other.

Look at this side by side. The Air and the Air 2 are nearly identical for everyday tasks. Email, browsing, Siri, etc. They're all the same on both

iPad Air 2 vs iPad Air - Speed and Benchmarks: http://youtu.be/F35mdLPcTYc

Actually Siri was a second faster on the Air 1.

Benchmark scores are irrelevant for everyday use as you can see. It isn't twice as fast on anything. They're nearly the same for the regular user.

The only real difference is the ram which brings usable multitasking. But your regular guy watching YouTube could care less about dumping background apps and tabs on safari.

The only reason why we even see any difference is because the video shows them side by side, but if you have an iPad Air and go check out the Air 2 and start watching videos, browsing, opening the apps you use, then clearly you will not see any difference for most things you do on an iPad. To your eyes they'll be the same thing.

Now you'll come back and say you notice a huge difference but we all know that's not the case. Review after review says if you have an Air 1, an upgrade isn't worth it, they say that because of what we see in the video.

For every day use, the Air 1 and Air 2 are just about the same thing.

Last edited:

ajarnfalang

Banned
Oct 19, 2013
Visit site

Thanks for your input. I'm sure others will find it useful. Personally I am a 3 year old that wanted a new toy so I upgraded my air to the air 2. Cause it's gold and pretty lol

Sent from my iPhone 6 finally!
Signed "Sent from my iPhone 6 finally!!!"

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
Gaming on the Air 2 is noticeably faster on the Air 2 compared to the Air 1 and Mini 2, especially in Graphics intensive games. Spec wise, that is really the only difference I've noticed, along with the Safari tabs not reloading every time I leave the tab.

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
For most every day tasks I am sure they're identical to each other.

Look at this side by side. The Air and the Air 2 are nearly identical for everyday tasks. Email, browsing, Siri, etc. They're all the same on both

iPad Air 2 vs iPad Air - Speed and Benchmarks: http://youtu.be/F35mdLPcTYc

Actually Siri was a second faster on the Air 1.

Benchmark scores are irrelevant for everyday use as you can see. It isn't twice as fast on anything. They're nearly the same for the regular user.

The only real difference is the ram which brings usable multitasking. But your regular guy watching YouTube could care less about dumping background apps and tabs on safari.

The only reason why we even see any difference is because the video shows them side by side, but if you have an iPad Air and go check out the Air 2 and start watching videos, browsing, opening the apps you use, then clearly you will not see any difference for most things you do on an iPad. To your eyes they'll be the same thing.

Now you'll come back and say you notice a huge difference but we all know that's not the case. Review after review says if you have an Air 1, an upgrade isn't worth it, they say that because of what we see in the video.

For every day use, the Air 1 and Air 2 are just about the same thing.

I had an Air and this is very much an upgrade ....2gb of ram is a big deal and anybody saying otherwise is wrong specially long term view . Once it becomes a norm or when app devs decide to make apps basically only functional on an iPad Air 2.

Back to OP original post it's the same thing .....guess what then ....you can argue its been the same thing since the first iPad back in 2010.

Hiri89

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
I had an Air and this is very much an upgrade ....2gb of ram is a big deal and anybody saying otherwise is wrong specially long term view . Once it becomes a norm or when app devs decide to make apps basically only functional on an iPad Air 2.

Back to OP original post it's the same thing .....guess what then ....you can argue its been the same thing since the first iPad back in 2010.

I guess I will need 2gb of ram to read emails, read books on ibooks, take pics to the powerpoint slides in class, listen to my music, and text with my friends and family?

give me a break!!!!! I don't even have a single game on it and the only apps I have are Facebook, quizlet, ibooks and iwork.

now tell me.... how can i benefit from 2gb of ram?

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
I guess I will need 2gb of ram to read emails, read books on ibooks, take pics to the powerpoint slides in class, listen to my music, and text with my friends and family?

give me a break!!!!! I don't even have a single game on it and the only apps I have are Facebook, quizlet, ibooks and iwork.

So then you should of bought the iPad 2 because it can do all that...

ajarnfalang

Banned
Oct 19, 2013
Visit site

If it's the same thing for the user everything you just said doesn't matter.

Most users have no clue what RAM is. All they know is that when they do what they do everyday the Air 1 is the same thing as the Air 2.

I think now we are going in circles.

It makes a difference for you. So go buy one.

For others it is the same thing. They won't buy one.

Some have the iPad 3 or 2 or even the original iPad even , and still they say the Air 2 aside from being thinner, is the same thing and they won't spend that much to do the same thing.

ajarnfalang

Banned
Oct 19, 2013
Visit site

We normal people understand why the Air 2 for you is just the same thing.

This guy is just bored, don't pay attention .

ajarnfalang

Banned
Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
So then you should of bought the iPad 2 because it can do all that...
Exactly. Now you're getting it.

There are people still using their old XP computers. Ask them why. Why don't they get a new one. Faster, fancier, shinier, more ram, faster cpu.

They'll say because their computer works just fine and does everything they want to do. When it dies they'll think about a new one.

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
If it's the same thing for the user everything you just said doesn't matter.

Most users have no clue what RAM is. All they know is that when they do what they do everyday the Air 1 is the same thing as the Air 2.

I think now we are going in circles.

It makes a difference for you. So go buy one.

For others it is the same thing. They won't buy one.

Some have the iPad 3 or 2 or even the original iPad even , and still they say the Air 2 aside from being thinner, is the same thing and they won't spend that much to do the same thing.
The "same" thing is the Ipad mini 3 and 2...... The air 2 is again vastly superior. You don't need to know what ram is to take advantage of the extra gb.

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Agreed. There is a big quantitative difference between the iPad Air and iPad Air 2. Whether talking about the thickness, weight, CPU, GPU, RAM, or camera, there are definite differences.
Now if someone is talking about how and what they use their iPad for, it is also true that they may not see the differences or those differences may not be important to them.

So as a statement of fact, saying "the iPad Air and iPad Air 2 are the same" is FALSE.
As a matter of opinion, saying "based on what I use the iPad Air for, the iPad Air 2 would be the same for me" can be TRUE.

Still is not the "same" no matter how you use it ....just isn't true . Might not be worth upgrading to but is Not the same thing ....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ajarnfalang

Banned
Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
The "same" thing is the Ipad mini 3 and 2...... The air 2 is again vastly superior. You don't need to know what ram is to take advantage of the extra gb.

THAT'S A LIE

Look who's lying now

The iPad Mini 2 is NOT THE SAME as the iPad Mini 3.

IPad Mini 3 has touch ID AND it comes in Gold. The Mini 2 doesn't.

So that's a lie. They're not the same.

You just can't keep this straight can you.

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I don't understand the argument. If you don't want the upgraded specs then get or stay with the original air. If you want the upgrade then go for it. Again I personally wanted the upgraded version and when it arrives on Tuesday I will enjoy using it. What's important to me may not be important to you.

Sent from my iPad Mini using Tapatalk

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
THAT'S A LIE

Look who's lying now

The iPad Mini 2 is NOT THE SAME as the iPad Mini 3.

IPad Mini 3 has touch ID AND it comes in Gold. The Mini 2 doesn't.

So that's a lie. They're not the same.

You just can't keep this straight can you.

There the same specs minus Touch ID .

The air has the A7 and 1gb of ram and the air 2 has the A8x and 2gb of ram so yes the mini 2 and mini 3 are the same ...specs which is what matters

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
I don't understand the argument. If you don't want the upgraded specs then get or stay with the original air. If you want the upgrade then go for it. Again I personally wanted the upgraded version and when it arrives on Tuesday I will enjoy using it. What's important to me may not be important to you.

Sent from my iPad Mini using Tapatalk

Yes but calling them the same isn't true

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73