I had an Air and this is very much an upgrade ....2gb of ram is a big deal and anybody saying otherwise is wrong specially long term view . Once it becomes a norm or when app devs decide to make apps basically only functional on an iPad Air 2.

Back to OP original post it's the same thing .....guess what then ....you can argue its been the same thing since the first iPad back in 2010.
    If it's the same thing for the user everything you just said doesn't matter.

Most users have no clue what RAM is. All they know is that when they do what they do everyday the Air 1 is the same thing as the Air 2.

I think now we are going in circles.

It makes a difference for you. So go buy one.

For others it is the same thing. They won't buy one.

Some have the iPad 3 or 2 or even the original iPad even , and still they say the Air 2 aside from being thinner, is the same thing and they won't spend that much to do the same thing.
    10-31-2014 04:52 AM
    I guess I will need 2gb of ram to read emails, read books on ibooks, take pics to the powerpoint slides in class, listen to my music, and text with my friends and family?

give me a break!!!!! I don't even have a single game on it and the only apps I have are Facebook, quizlet, ibooks and iwork.

now tell me.... how can i benefit from 2gb of ram?
    We normal people understand why the Air 2 for you is just the same thing.

This guy is just bored, don't pay attention .
    10-31-2014 04:53 AM
    So then you should of bought the iPad 2 because it can do all that...
    Exactly. Now you're getting it.

There are people still using their old XP computers. Ask them why. Why don't they get a new one. Faster, fancier, shinier, more ram, faster cpu.

They'll say because their computer works just fine and does everything they want to do. When it dies they'll think about a new one.
    10-31-2014 04:54 AM
    If it's the same thing for the user everything you just said doesn't matter.

Most users have no clue what RAM is. All they know is that when they do what they do everyday the Air 1 is the same thing as the Air 2.

I think now we are going in circles.

It makes a difference for you. So go buy one.

For others it is the same thing. They won't buy one.

Some have the iPad 3 or 2 or even the original iPad even , and still they say the Air 2 aside from being thinner, is the same thing and they won't spend that much to do the same thing.
    The "same" thing is the Ipad mini 3 and 2...... The air 2 is again vastly superior. You don't need to know what ram is to take advantage of the extra gb.
    10-31-2014 07:38 AM
    We normal people understand why the Air 2 for you is just the same thing.

This guy is just bored, don't pay attention .
    I'm not "bored" it just isn't the "same thing"
    10-31-2014 07:38 AM
    I'm not "bored" it just isn't the "same thing"
    You were making progress. Don't go backwards.
    10-31-2014 08:45 AM
    You were making progress. Don't go backwards.
    It's not the same thing .....you can call it whatever but that's a 100% lie
    10-31-2014 08:45 AM
    The "same" thing is the Ipad mini 3 and 2...... The air 2 is again vastly superior. You don't need to know what ram is to take advantage of the extra gb.
    Agreed. There is a big quantitative difference between the iPad Air and iPad Air 2. Whether talking about the thickness, weight, CPU, GPU, RAM, or camera, there are definite differences.
    Now if someone is talking about how and what they use their iPad for, it is also true that they may not see the differences or those differences may not be important to them.

So as a statement of fact, saying "the iPad Air and iPad Air 2 are the same" is FALSE.
    As a matter of opinion, saying "based on what I use the iPad Air for, the iPad Air 2 would be the same for me" can be TRUE.
    phreddyl, ladyc0524 and jimpilot like this.
    10-31-2014 08:57 AM
    Agreed. There is a big quantitative difference between the iPad Air and iPad Air 2. Whether talking about the thickness, weight, CPU, GPU, RAM, or camera, there are definite differences.
    Now if someone is talking about how and what they use their iPad for, it is also true that they may not see the differences or those differences may not be important to them.

So as a statement of fact, saying "the iPad Air and iPad Air 2 are the same" is FALSE.
    As a matter of opinion, saying "based on what I use the iPad Air for, the iPad Air 2 would be the same for me" can be TRUE.
    Still is not the "same" no matter how you use it ....just isn't true . Might not be worth upgrading to but is Not the same thing ....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    10-31-2014 08:59 AM
    THAT'S A LIE

Look who's lying now

The iPad Mini 2 is NOT THE SAME as the iPad Mini 3.

IPad Mini 3 has touch ID AND it comes in Gold. The Mini 2 doesn't.

So that's a lie. They're not the same.

You just can't keep this straight can you.
    10-31-2014 09:53 AM
    I don't understand the argument. If you don't want the upgraded specs then get or stay with the original air. If you want the upgrade then go for it. Again I personally wanted the upgraded version and when it arrives on Tuesday I will enjoy using it. What's important to me may not be important to you.

Sent from my iPad Mini using Tapatalk
    ladyc0524 likes this.
    10-31-2014 10:01 AM
    THAT'S A LIE

Look who's lying now

The iPad Mini 2 is NOT THE SAME as the iPad Mini 3.

IPad Mini 3 has touch ID AND it comes in Gold. The Mini 2 doesn't.

So that's a lie. They're not the same.

You just can't keep this straight can you.
    There the same specs minus Touch ID .

The air has the A7 and 1gb of ram and the air 2 has the A8x and 2gb of ram so yes the mini 2 and mini 3 are the same ...specs which is what matters

10-31-2014 10:10 AM
    I don't understand the argument. If you don't want the upgraded specs then get or stay with the original air. If you want the upgrade then go for it. Again I personally wanted the upgraded version and when it arrives on Tuesday I will enjoy using it. What's important to me may not be important to you.

Sent from my iPad Mini using Tapatalk
    Yes but calling them the same isn't true

10-31-2014 10:11 AM
    Yes but calling them the same isn't true

Just like you calling the iPad Mini 2 and 3 the same isn't true either.

So are you going to keep going forever?

I already told you that you're right. What else do you want?
    10-31-2014 10:29 AM
    There the same specs minus Touch ID .

Exactly. So they're not the same. One has touch ID and the other doesn't.

They're not the same.
    10-31-2014 10:29 AM
    Exactly. So they're not the same. One has touch ID and the other doesn't.

They're not the same.
    Same specs + touch id
    10-31-2014 10:37 AM
    I could tell it was the same thing over again when I saw the announcement. I have the iPad Air as well and I'm not willing to upgrade to something exactly the same as what I have.
    10-31-2014 11:59 AM
    I could tell it was the same thing over again when I saw the announcement. I have the iPad Air as well and I'm not willing to upgrade to something exactly the same as what I have.
    The best time to upgrade to it is next year when it's on clearance.
    10-31-2014 12:06 PM
    I don't think many Air owners will. I think they're trying to lure those holding on to their iPad 2 and 3 and also new customers.

As you say, it'll basically be the same thing for you. Unless you really need touch ID.
    10-31-2014 07:19 PM
    The best time to upgrade to it is next year when it's on clearance.
    Maybe the rumors are true and they'll have some sort of iPad Pro.

But then the argument will be, why would anyone need an iPad pro to read their email and watch YouTube.
    Hiri89 likes this.
    10-31-2014 07:20 PM
    Yeah but is a Gold Air 2 different than a Space Grey Air 2?

They are different colors
    11-02-2014 07:54 PM
71 123