I upgraded from a Retina Mini 16 GB, mostly because it didn't have enough storage as well. I got the Air 2, and honestly say that it is a great upgrade from the iPad Mini 2.
    This is what I am thinking of doing - thanks for the post.
    Flow39 likes this.
    10-29-2014 10:14 AM
    This is what I am thinking of doing - thanks for the post.
    No problem! Enjoy the new Air 2!
    10-29-2014 10:15 AM
    No problem! Enjoy the new Air 2!
    Are you finding you are missing the smaller form factor? Or is the air 2's lightness comfortable enough for commuter reading?
    10-29-2014 10:21 AM
    Well when your iPad Air 1 becomes sluggish with its 1gb of ram pretty quickly I'll be happy with my non sluggish iPad Air 2 with 2gb of ram and 3 core cpu. If the iPad Air 2 has this I would assume the iPhone 6s and 6s plus would have 2gb of ram and iOS will utilize that thus making the iPad Air obsolete pretty soon

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    god, I really hope Apple users don't become Android spec snobs.
    Hiri89 and ladyc0524 like this.
    10-29-2014 10:37 AM
    god, I really hope Apple users don't become Android spec snobs.
    Lol? I'm just saying if Apple adds 2gb of ram to iPhone as well they would want to optimize ios to use it and could cause issues with the first ipad-air... I'm just voicing my opinion on that matter
    10-29-2014 10:39 AM
    I really hope the 6s will have 2GB of RAM. As for the Air 2, I don't like the larger iPad. I've got a Mini 3 I just got last weekend. While I wish that had 2GB of RAM, it's okay for what it's used for.
    10-29-2014 10:56 AM
    Are you finding you are missing the smaller form factor? Or is the air 2's lightness comfortable enough for commuter reading?
    I like the bigger size of the Air 2 compared to the Mini. I find it very easy to one hand to use and read wherever I am
    10-29-2014 11:14 AM
    Thanks for your input. I'm sure others will find it useful. Personally I am a 3 year old that wanted a new toy so I upgraded my air to the air 2. Cause it's gold and pretty lol

Sent from my iPhone 6 finally!
    oh yeah baby....
    10-29-2014 12:12 PM
    Well when your iPad Air 1 becomes sluggish with its 1gb of ram pretty quickly I'll be happy with my non sluggish iPad Air 2 with 2gb of ram and 3 core cpu. If the iPad Air 2 has this I would assume the iPhone 6s and 6s plus would have 2gb of ram and iOS will utilize that thus making the iPad Air obsolete pretty soon

If that happens, I'll probably get the ipad Air 3 which will make your ipad air 2 look sluggish..lol But the key thing is it has to happen first. Why buy the ipad air 2 now when all these future things you're mentioning (and probably likely) won't happen til the next model?

Those looking for a tablet that basically have nothing right now, sure, get an Air 2. Personally I wouldn't spend more than a few hundred on any ipad. That's just me though. My big spending on ipads was brief but over.
    Hiri89 likes this.
    10-29-2014 12:25 PM
    And just think we are only around 3 months away from the watch. Man this year has been expensive

omg tell me about it... ill blame apple if i file for bankruptcy lol!! i got the ipad air i have 3 months ago, the iphone 6 plus in launch day and I want the watch too!!!!!! ugh!!! apple is the devil! they make me buy too much stuff even if i don't want to
    10-29-2014 03:00 PM
    If that happens, I'll probably get the ipad Air 3 which will make your ipad air 2 look sluggish..lol But the key thing is it has to happen first. Why buy the ipad air 2 now when all these future things you're mentioning (and probably likely) won't happen til the next model?

Those looking for a tablet that basically have nothing right now, sure, get an Air 2. Personally I wouldn't spend more than a few hundred on any ipad. That's just me though. My big spending on ipads was brief but over.
    Next model should only get a modest increase of cpu and gpu. I was just speaking of longevity and the air 2 I think will last longer then the Ipad air Imo. Still a great tablet but 2gb of ram is a substantial upgrade Imo specially for longevity
    10-29-2014 05:11 PM
    omg tell me about it... ill blame apple if i file for bankruptcy lol!! i got the ipad air i have 3 months ago, the iphone 6 plus in launch day and I want the watch too!!!!!! ugh!!! apple is the devil! they make me buy too much stuff even if i don't want to
    Haha how dare they! It's so hard to resist cause they put out such great products.
    Hiri89 likes this.
    10-29-2014 08:13 PM

I don't have an iPad at all. He does, and he says it is the same. So for him, it is. Period.
    10-30-2014 07:21 AM
    I don't have an iPad at all. He does, and he says it is the same. So for him, it is. Period.
    He can say whatever but it isn't the same...
    10-30-2014 08:09 AM
    it's not the same. true!!!! it's faster by 2 or 3 seconds. lol
    Last edited by Hiri89; 10-31-2014 at 01:15 AM.
    10-30-2014 11:31 AM
    it's not the same. true!!!! it faster by 2 or 3 seconds. lol
    It's faster then "2 or 3 seconds "
    10-30-2014 11:34 AM
    The iPad Air 2 is the vastly superior iPad
    10-30-2014 11:34 AM
    I currently have a 64GB iPad 3 and I just ordered a 128GB iPad Air 2 (Gold) and I'm looking forward to receiving it. In spite of what others may say, I'm sure it's s much better product and a worthy upgrade to my iPad 3.

Sent from my 128GB iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk
    Hiri89 likes this.
    10-30-2014 03:43 PM
    It doesn't matter what you say. It only matters what he believes. He is the customer. You can't convince him of anything. It is the same to him, and that's that.
    BreakingKayfabe and Hiri89 like this.
    10-30-2014 05:37 PM
    It's faster then "2 or 3 seconds "
    For most every day tasks I am sure they're identical to each other.

Look at this side by side. The Air and the Air 2 are nearly identical for everyday tasks. Email, browsing, Siri, etc. They're all the same on both

iPad Air 2 vs iPad Air - Speed and Benchmarks:

Actually Siri was a second faster on the Air 1.

Benchmark scores are irrelevant for everyday use as you can see. It isn't twice as fast on anything. They're nearly the same for the regular user.

The only real difference is the ram which brings usable multitasking. But your regular guy watching YouTube could care less about dumping background apps and tabs on safari.

The only reason why we even see any difference is because the video shows them side by side, but if you have an iPad Air and go check out the Air 2 and start watching videos, browsing, opening the apps you use, then clearly you will not see any difference for most things you do on an iPad. To your eyes they'll be the same thing.

Now you'll come back and say you notice a huge difference but we all know that's not the case. Review after review says if you have an Air 1, an upgrade isn't worth it, they say that because of what we see in the video.

For every day use, the Air 1 and Air 2 are just about the same thing.
    Last edited by chupacabra; 10-30-2014 at 07:34 PM.
    Hiri89 likes this.
    10-30-2014 05:39 PM
    Thanks for your input. I'm sure others will find it useful. Personally I am a 3 year old that wanted a new toy so I upgraded my air to the air 2. Cause it's gold and pretty lol

Signed "Sent from my iPhone 6 finally!!!"
    10-30-2014 05:53 PM
    Gaming on the Air 2 is noticeably faster on the Air 2 compared to the Air 1 and Mini 2, especially in Graphics intensive games. Spec wise, that is really the only difference I've noticed, along with the Safari tabs not reloading every time I leave the tab.
    10-30-2014 08:43 PM
    For most every day tasks I am sure they're identical to each other.

Look at this side by side. The Air and the Air 2 are nearly identical for everyday tasks. Email, browsing, Siri, etc. They're all the same on both

iPad Air 2 vs iPad Air - Speed and Benchmarks:

Actually Siri was a second faster on the Air 1.

Benchmark scores are irrelevant for everyday use as you can see. It isn't twice as fast on anything. They're nearly the same for the regular user.

The only real difference is the ram which brings usable multitasking. But your regular guy watching YouTube could care less about dumping background apps and tabs on safari.

The only reason why we even see any difference is because the video shows them side by side, but if you have an iPad Air and go check out the Air 2 and start watching videos, browsing, opening the apps you use, then clearly you will not see any difference for most things you do on an iPad. To your eyes they'll be the same thing.

Now you'll come back and say you notice a huge difference but we all know that's not the case. Review after review says if you have an Air 1, an upgrade isn't worth it, they say that because of what we see in the video.

For every day use, the Air 1 and Air 2 are just about the same thing.
    I had an Air and this is very much an upgrade ....2gb of ram is a big deal and anybody saying otherwise is wrong specially long term view . Once it becomes a norm or when app devs decide to make apps basically only functional on an iPad Air 2.

Back to OP original post it's the same thing .....guess what then ....you can argue its been the same thing since the first iPad back in 2010.
    10-30-2014 08:47 PM
    I had an Air and this is very much an upgrade ....2gb of ram is a big deal and anybody saying otherwise is wrong specially long term view . Once it becomes a norm or when app devs decide to make apps basically only functional on an iPad Air 2.

Back to OP original post it's the same thing .....guess what then ....you can argue its been the same thing since the first iPad back in 2010.
    I guess I will need 2gb of ram to read emails, read books on ibooks, take pics to the powerpoint slides in class, listen to my music, and text with my friends and family?

give me a break!!!!! I don't even have a single game on it and the only apps I have are Facebook, quizlet, ibooks and iwork.

now tell me.... how can i benefit from 2gb of ram?
    10-31-2014 01:25 AM
    I guess I will need 2gb of ram to read emails, read books on ibooks, take pics to the powerpoint slides in class, listen to my music, and text with my friends and family?

give me a break!!!!! I don't even have a single game on it and the only apps I have are Facebook, quizlet, ibooks and iwork.

now tell me.... how can i benefit from 2gb of ram?
    So then you should of bought the iPad 2 because it can do all that...
    10-31-2014 01:27 AM
71 123