Here is the video

A Macrumors thread is getting pretty long now with people saying just holding the Air 2 with your right hand is like something pushes against the screen from the back and makes it distort.

Can anyone confirm this?
    10-25-2014 07:03 AM
    Mine doesn't do it enough said lol ...I wouldn't worry about. My other tablet did it only with enough pressure which isn't normal and same goes with the iPad
    10-25-2014 09:00 AM
    Thanks. I just wanted to know if it is there under NORMAL use.

Consumer reports confirms it happens, so I got worried.

http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/n...ir-2/index.htm

They say:

"(In fact, the Air 2 is so thin that you can depress the screen from the back of the device. You know how poking an LCD with a fingertip produces a temporary distortion, a small puddle of color? The same thing happens on the Air 2 if you press it from behindthere's no reason to think this will damage the device.)"
    10-25-2014 09:02 AM
    Mine doesn't do it enough said lol ...I wouldn't worry about. My other tablet did it only with enough pressure which isn't normal and same goes with the iPad
    This is what consumer reports said. If it doesn't happen in normal use then I'm OK.

"(In fact, the Air 2 is so thin that you can depress the screen from the back of the device. You know how poking an LCD with a fingertip produces a temporary distortion, a small puddle of color? The same thing happens on the Air 2 if you press it from behindthere's no reason to think this will damage the device.)"
    10-25-2014 09:10 AM
    I have not noticed anything under normal use.
    10-25-2014 09:11 AM
    I have not noticed anything under normal use.
    Good.

I've been waiting for this device for many months. It's just not in Thailand yet. This was supposed to be my laptop replacement. I really hope when I go check it, it is OK.
    10-25-2014 09:17 AM
    I don't notice it in normal use too. Only if I press with a decent amount of pressure will it do this, so in normal use it shouldn't be a problem as long as you aren't white-knuckle gripping it
    10-25-2014 02:28 PM
    Also, if you drive over it with your truck, it might damage the screen.

Nothing to see here, people. Don’t abuse your devices and they will work fine.
    10-25-2014 03:18 PM
    Picked up mine this morning. A none issue with it.
    10-25-2014 06:03 PM
    Mine has it, I'm in that thread. Went to return it but every iPad on display at 2 stores had the same issue. They opened a new one for me and the issue was worse, so I kept the one I have. I see it every time I pick it up, and it is where I hold it, no pressure, just the weight of the iPad makes it happen, especially one handed. I will just start holding it differently, and hope it doesn't get worse.
    10-26-2014 12:18 AM
    Mine has it, I'm in that thread. Went to return it but every iPad on display at 2 stores had the same issue. They opened a new one for me and the issue was worse, so I kept the one I have. I see it every time I pick it up, and it is where I hold it, no pressure, just the weight of the iPad makes it happen, especially one handed. I will just start holding it differently, and hope it doesn't get worse.
    Maybe it is a bad number of them that reached the stores and not all? We have a pretty good number of people saying it doesn't happen to them.
    10-26-2014 02:20 AM
    This is the exact issue I was trying to describe in the "too thin" thread. This happens to my iPad under normal use conditions. Just picking it up with my right hand makes this distortion happen.
    10-26-2014 09:57 AM
    I don't see this at all. I have to really press down on the back in certain areas to see it. If I'm just holding it it doesn't do it at all.
    10-26-2014 12:44 PM
    If it is doing it under normal use, I would take it back to the Apple Store.
    10-26-2014 02:50 PM
    I went to the Apple Store today and checked out the display units. Of the six I picked up, 4 showed the same level of distortion as mine. Just picking it up made it happen. The other two showed the same distortion, but required heavier pressure to make it happen.

At this point, I think I'm going to wait a little bit. Maybe after the first few batches this issue will have evolved itself and the replacement unit won't do it at all. Hopefully.
    10-26-2014 03:46 PM
    I went to the Apple Store today and checked out the display units. Of the six I picked up, 4 showed the same level of distortion as mine. Just picking it up made it happen. The other two showed the same distortion, but required heavier pressure to make it happen.

At this point, I think I'm going to wait a little bit. Maybe after the first few batches this issue will have evolved itself and the replacement unit won't do it at all. Hopefully.
    Yeah, good luck with it! Hopefully the next batch won't have any problems
    10-26-2014 04:09 PM
    Mine does it with the right of pressure at the right spot. It's nothing to go crazy about. Like others have said I don't think your going to be holding your iPad that hard in that exact spot.

If you take it and try to bend it over your knee it would most likely bend too. Oh boy I haut started bendgate for the new iPad. Lmao!

Not an issue for me. This screen is drop dead gorgeous!
    10-26-2014 08:18 PM
    Ok so I went into the Apple store and tried it with an Air 1.

I can make it happen but the pressure is so much it would never happen during regular use.
    11-01-2014 03:13 AM
    Ok so I went into the Apple store and tried it with an Air 1.

I can make it happen but the pressure is so much it would never happen during regular use.
    I thought that would be the case. The Air 2 is a little thicker, so it makes sense that it would require a little more pressure to get the screen to distort. I tried it with a Mini 2 and no distortion unless I apply a decent amount of pressure.
    11-01-2014 02:09 PM
    I thought that would be the case. The Air 2 is a little thicker, so it makes sense that it would require a little more pressure to get the screen to distort. I tried it with a Mini 2 and no distortion unless I apply a decent amount of pressure.
    Still no iPad Air 2 here. The iPhone 6 just made it on Oct 31.
    11-01-2014 07:48 PM
    I was surprised how little pressure was required to distort the screen. It wouldn't stop me from buying one because I normally wouldn't put that much pressure on the back. But you have to wonder if this is as thin as they can possibly go with the iPad.
    11-02-2014 02:29 PM
    I can see a small screen distortion effect, if i hold the air 2 from the right hand side and move it up and down. However, it requires me to hold it from the edge, with a grip i would never normally use (holding it right on the edge and not supporting it at all). If i grip it normally, there is no problem with the screen, so not an issue for me.
    11-03-2014 04:39 AM
    I held several at Best Buy today and put a lot of force into them and only if I was trying hard to almost bend them did I see the distortion. Both one and just don't see the issue. Seems to me that this is blown out of proportion.

Sent from my iPad Air 2 using Tapatalk (so I blame autocorrect for the spellin' errs)
    11-09-2014 01:29 AM
    I held several at Best Buy today and put a lot of force into them and only if I was trying hard to almost bend them did I see the distortion. Both one and just don't see the issue. Seems to me that this is blown out of proportion.

Sent from my iPad Air 2 using Tapatalk (so I blame autocorrect for the spellin' errs)
    A lot of little issues with Apple products are blown out of proportion haha
    rogerfromco likes this.
    11-09-2014 01:54 PM